Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha
Speaking of which have you choked on your pie after seeing hutch burst away from a pack?

Haha it wasn't quite the Judd-esque running away from a pack I had in mind but it was pretty impressive from Hutch, definitely.

Of course!! Your a Priddis fan!!!

I didn't have him in my votes this week, not sure I've given him any this season actually, and I've suggested it'd be a good outcome if he retired at the end of this year. Fair to say he's got bigger fans around the place.

Priddis is an awosme player and has benefitted from yeo and MITCHELL coming in

There is enough experts in the coaching ranks and media and hey umpires that rate this guy through the roof

They can't all be wrong ....he's won a Brownlow ...yup has some limitations but guess what all players have those

I look at this way ...he gets a lot of his body considering he has limited agjjetic ability and some limited skill sets also ...he actually extracts a lot from what he has and that's what I judge players on

Priddis is an awosme player and has benefitted from yeo and MITCHELL coming in

There is enough experts in the coaching ranks and media and hey umpires that rate this guy through the roof

They can't all be wrong ....he's won a Brownlow ...yup has some limitations but guess what all players have those

I look at this way ...he gets a lot of his body considering he has limited agjjetic ability and some limited skill sets also ...he actually extracts a lot from what he has and that's what I judge players on
Im assuming the 123 is as far as youve got with counting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ....got to those numbers before I could use that name hah hah

Priiddis is a far better player than most of the muppets that post on here
122 false starts before you could register? Priddis-like levels of determination!

Well most coaches rate him, media and ex players rate him, umpires rate him and they seem at the coal face

The reason bigfooty posters don't rate him because many want him to be something he's not

He's not Chris Judd....he's not Marcus Bontempelli

Well most coaches rate him, media and ex players rate him, umpires rate him and they seem at the coal face

The reason bigfooty posters don't rate him because many want him to be something he's not

He's not Chris Judd....he's not Marcus Bontempelli
Most players have a flaw in their game.

Judd wasnt great overhead
Dangerfield has disposal
Mitchell has pace
Etc

Priddis has pace, disposal, overhead marking and decision making as his bugbears.

On the plus side he has prodigious strength - can rip a contested ball out of a pack.

In 2015,16 his limited disposal was concealed nicely by limiting kicking and a much improved handball game. Naita and lycett spoonfed him and things were good to a point.

Exposed form in 2017 has his handball game wavering and with him not getting the silver service from the ruch that he did the flaws in his game become more obvious. Thus the debate.

There is a range of emotion and thought going into this.

There are posters saying ;

-No he still has something to offer but he should probably shuffle off at the end of the year

-Hes probably done, time to phase him out

- Hes not looking great now but with nn and lycett back he will come back to his best

there are the people who really analyse the game - use scientific methods and try and break the stats down from raw data to something more useful.

Then theres you

Most players have a flaw in their game.

Judd wasnt great overhead
Dangerfield has disposal
Mitchell has pace
Etc

Priddis has pace, disposal, overhead marking and decision making as his bugbears.

On the plus side he has prodigious strength - can rip a contested ball out of a pack.

In 2015,16 his limited disposal was concealed nicely by limiting kicking and a much improved handball game. Naita and lycett spoonfed him and things were good to a point.

Exposed form in 2017 has his handball game wavering and with him not getting the silver service from the ruch that he did the flaws in his game become more obvious. Thus the debate.

There is a range of emotion and thought going into this.

There are posters saying ;

-No he still has something to offer but he should probably shuffle off at the end of the year

-Hes probably done, time to phase him out

- Hes not looking great now but with nn and lycett back he will come back to his best

there are the people who really analyse the game - use scientific methods and try and break the stats down from raw data to something more useful.

Then theres you
Good post KA.Some of the pro Priddis crowd get blinkered by the TA DA Brownlow.If he went to GWS this year he could almost win another one with their spreads of outside runners.But the problem as is quoted over and over and over is Priddis,Mitchell,Gaff and Masten together.I think the club realises it and with Shuey playing well,Sheed starting to fire,Duggan and now Mutimer coming in we are getting the new blood we need.Mitchell is too good to go but i think two of the three need to be eased out.Gaff by sheer dint of run,possession [not all good ] and age would probably stay.Ergo priddis and Masten are surplus to requirements

KA's hitting the right tone of respectful criticism.

Priddis does have several well known flaws in his game, and he needs his strengths to be firing otherwise he does become a liability like in the derby. I'll back him in to get back to his best though, and I'll back the match committee to decide if his best is still good enough in the modern game.

KA's hitting the right tone of respectful criticism.

Priddis does have several well known flaws in his game, and he needs his strengths to be firing otherwise he does become a liability like in the derby. I'll back him in to get back to his best though, and I'll back the match committee to decide if his best is still good enough in the modern game.

What is "form" though for Priddis? Or "back to his best". It is just getting 35 disposals instead of 25. That doesn't help us, the midfield mix or anything. Great for him personally though on the stat sheet. He just doesn't have those abilities mentioned - never did and never will. Abilities which are CRITICAL for the position he plays. Like it or not we can't carry said 'inside only' mids and that mentality. It's bad enough carrying Gaff and Masten who are two dimensional players. Priddis is barely one dimensional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back