Confirmed Matthew Kennedy: To Dogs p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Been told to look elsewhere. He is looking for more midfield time than Carlton willing to offer . Seems a falling out with the coach.

I think Richmond would have interest as a replacement for Liam Baker. I could see Demons having some interest too. Can’t see many other options

I’d be shocked if he didn’t end up at Richmond though

Been told to look elsewhere. He is looking for more midfield time than Carlton willing to offer . Seems a falling out with the coach.

I think Richmond would have interest as a replacement for Liam Baker. I could see Demons having some interest too. Can’t see many other options

I’d be shocked if he didn’t end up at Richmond though
Collingwood?

Actually the kind of player North should target

Suspected this would happen when he was subbed out of the final despite playing well

27, good but not great player - best 22 inside midfielder that can play forward

Mid 2nd round hopefully, don’t really know how other supporters rate him? 3rd rounder might match the Ben Camporeale bid

Wish him all the best

Suspected this would happen when he was subbed out of the final despite playing well

27, good but not great player - best 22 inside midfielder that can play forward

Mid 2nd round hopefully, don’t really know how other supporters rate him? 3rd rounder might match the Ben Camporeale bid

Wish him all the best
Pick 40-60 I’d say. He is being cast off so hard to demand a ton

Pick 40-60? There is 0 chance we'd be letting him go for that. Pick under 30 or we'll keep him imo.
You did tell him to go and find a new home for 2025. Don't see how much leverage you have there.

I’m reading the article as a “we happy for you to go” as opppsed to “we will only let you go if we get xxx” type deal to be honest
Yep so a pick in 30-60 will suffice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m reading the article as a “we are happy for you to go” as opppsed to “we will only let you go if we get xxx” type deal to be honest
Cleary reported he sees himself as a full time mid, we apparently see him as a Mid/Fwd mix. Mutual departure from the sounds of it which means we'd be keeping him if a fair deal can't be found

And? Still a quality player who's under contract. Why the **** would we let him go for pick 60 lmao
Why if he was a quality player would you let him asses his options? Those two statements don't marry up.

Why if he was a quality player would you let him asses his options? Those two statements don't marry up.
Because we have Cripps, Cerra, Hewett and Kennedy who are all basically the same player. Our midfield mix needs a change up with some speed or point of differences in there but by no means is Kennedy being traded because he's a bad player.

Because we have Cripps, Cerra, Hewett and Kennedy who are all basically the same player. Our midfield mix needs a change up with some speed or point of differences in there but by no means is Kennedy being traded because he's a bad player.
You can’t exactly tell the guy “well these 5 clubs have a pick 20-30 so you must join one of them” situation.

Let’s say if Demons get him, they have pick 5,38 and 45…. You can’t then ask for something Melbourne don’t have

You can’t exactly tell the guy “well these 5 clubs have a pick 20-30 so you must join one of them” situation.

Let’s say if Demons get him, they have pick 5,38 and 45…. You can’t then ask for something Melbourne don’t have
Yep.

No but we can say hey these clubs you want to join have SFA to satisfy a trade with us so see you day 1 of pre season at IKON park.

Kennedy is a very decent player, we won't let him go for peanuts even if we'd like to change up our midfield mix.

No but we can say hey these clubs you want to join have SFA to satisfy a trade with us so see you day 1 of pre season at IKON park.

Kennedy is a very decent player, we won't let him go for peanuts even if we'd like to change up our midfield mix.
So why aren't you offering him a contract?

No. I mean after next year.
I already explained that above. Cripps, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy. All big bodied inside mids who are slow off the mark and struggle in transition.

With the game speeding up more and more over the last few seasons Blues want to address that by changing up our list make up. A team like Geelong or Collingwood would be a perfect fit for a player like Kennedy as they already have a lot of quicker mids but need some more grunt.

When played on ball Kennedy is a very very good player and has proven so over the last few years. If a fair deal can't be found would just about guarantee he's back in Blues colours next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Matthew Kennedy: To Dogs p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back