Confirmed Matthew Kennedy: To Dogs p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to

Remove this Banner Ad

Been told to look elsewhere. He is looking for more midfield time than Carlton willing to offer . Seems a falling out with the coach.

I think Richmond would have interest as a replacement for Liam Baker. I could see Demons having some interest too. Can’t see many other options

I’d be shocked if he didn’t end up at Richmond though

Adding Kennedy to Hopper, Taranto, Prestia, Ross, maybe still Graham would be unbelievably stupid. We are also about to draft about 6 first rounders, mostly all mids that will need games.

Id love him at West Coast if he was keen to make the move.
Can play as a defensive/inside mid to provide coverage for Yeo, protect the kids, is in an age group we severely lack, and can transition to other roles in a few years time once the kids come along and are ready to take over full time.

Unlikely to happen though

Kennedy can play. He played 23 senior games this year.

But clearly the view is he's behind a few in the midfield pecking order and I can't really fault that, though after the injuries Cerra had this year I'm a little nervous.

Let's not kid ourselves here though. We're almost certainly not going to just accept a junk pick for him, and it's a bit silly to suggest otherwise.

Adding Kennedy to Hopper, Taranto, Prestia, Ross, maybe still Graham would be unbelievably stupid. We are also about to draft about 6 first rounders, mostly all mids that will need games.
I’d say Graham is gone and Prestia on his last year . I think he is a upgrade on Ross and taking his spot in that midfield alsp

I’d say Graham is gone and Prestia on his last year . I think he is a upgrade on Ross and taking his spot in that midfield alsp

He may well be an upgrade on Ross, but he will be wanting a 4 year deal to come to us surely. We are stuck with Hopper + Taranto long term, the young mids we draft this season + next are going to need spots to play. We also arent playing finals in the next 4 years, so having a minor upgrade in the midfield isn't necessary. If we didnt have Hopper and Taranto Im sure wed be all over it.

In a game where speed and spread is crucial the problem for Kennedy is that teams can carry a limited amount of one paced players.

Maybe a rebuilding team like Kangas could benefit from his professionalism and experience to ride shotgun with talented young midfield core as they start to climb the ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like, if he was pushing the trade and club trying to pinch him you'd say 15-20? I'd value about the same as Baker really. Because it's Carlton doing the pushing I'd think something like 30?

Would love him to play in Fyfes role but he's not coming here. Hard to think of a team other than North he really suits. You kinds of need pace from the rest of your guys and have your A-grade talent sorted. He just plays a role that most teams find easy to fill (hence the pushing).

Like, if he was pushing the trade and club trying to pinch him you'd say 15-20? I'd value about the same as Baker really. Because it's Carlton doing the pushing I'd think something like 30?

Would love him to play in Fyfes role but he's not coming here. Hard to think of a team other than North he really suits. You kinds of need pace from the rest of your guys and have your A-grade talent sorted. He just plays a role that most teams find easy to fill (hence the pushing).
He'd suit Collingwood and Geelong very very well. Unfortunately...

With the game speeding up more and more over the last few seasons Blues want to address that by changing up our list make up. A team like Geelong or Collingwood would be a perfect fit for a player like Kennedy as they already have a lot of quicker mids but need some more grunt.

We need A grade dynamic midfielders not grunt. Atkins provides grunt.

I reckon that IF the Blues have told him to go explore his options then they’ve lost a fair bit of bargaining power. Different if it was initiated by the player.

If Kennedy now goes on to nominate a club then the Blues will have to be satisfied with getting reasonable compo - it won’t be over the odds though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon that IF the Blues have told him to go explore his options then they’ve lost a fair bit of bargaining power. Different if it was initiated by the player.

If Kennedy now goes on to nominate a club then the Blues will have to be satisfied with getting reasonable compo - it won’t be over the odds though.

It sounds like it's potentially part player.

Voss spelled out what role he saw for him (up forward at times) and Kennedy sees his best role as an inside midfielder.

He has just played 99 games for Carlton and just had a baby boy. This looks like a charity situation to save his kid from being forced to play for Carlton. Get that trade done.
Kennedy will basically guarantee his son is a jet if he leaves. The universe will make it so.

Pies maybe I suppose taking Mitchell's spot. Not sure about Geelong, midfield is pretty beige as it is.

We could use a bigger bodied inside mid in the middl age bracket. He would fit ok if the price is right.

Collingwood?

Actually the kind of player North should target
Don’t think he and Mitch can play in the same team, otherwise we’d be about as explosive as the Blues.

If we don’t think Mitch has another 1-2 years in him Kennedy could be worth a look. Though Id prefer we look at a player under 25 to be Mitchell’s successor.

Blues would want a 2nd rounder but I wouldn’t want to part with that for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Matthew Kennedy: To Dogs p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back