Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would think tonight they are going to be having a crisis meeting tonight so its Nicks, Kellly, Olsen and probably Roo.

Whats the narrative here if they are going to save Nick's career.

How do you explain to the fans that this is all part of the plan
I dont know - thats why I said gulp

But its already been flagged with injuries and getting rid of assistants

you would think tonight they are going to be having a crisis meeting tonight so its Nicks, Kellly, Olsen and probably Roo.

Whats the narrative here if they are going to save Nick's career.

How do you explain to the fans that this is all part of the plan
Further thinking

We as a supporter base are way way way way too forgiving

If the club came out and sacked Nicks most would accept it and start happy clapping VB or whoever we get in

99.9% will renew memberships as opposed to 92% if he stays so the corporates will be happy

Apparently Olsen gave a speech tonight to a group of Crows people criticising those who took a crack at the club this week and its people.
Was mentioned on 5aa post match.

That's our club. Hopeless.
We have a board with one person who has been successful in sport, so how are they going to take the club forward? The board reads like they are going to run a school, a bank or a local council. i would prefer we looked at a much higher proportion of people, who are successful in sport. Nicks and the football program people are not up to it.The 'go home factor has absolutely killed our club'- Rankine and Dawson have made a huge difference, Lukosius should be a priority. Wanganeen-Milera was there for the taking and we took Rachele, our list management people are not smart. The plan forward has to prioritise people from Adelaide, if you look at the 2016 draft as an example where they chose Gallucci and Poholke, it is scary to look at the people from Adelaide we ignored - Parfitt and Hayward as starters - if you go into the drafts properly and look at it, it is very scary the players we could have had from Adelaide. If you go through the last 8 years we have too far too many misses in my view. Thillthorpe we can back in, at least you know Thilthorpe will stay. Murray is someone who can be very good for us, whether he stays will be the question! I can only say from my own experience in managing a highly successful sports program over the last 15 years, I think we need to do the most obvious, draft mostly from within Adelaide and the club can turnaround the never ending spiral down a black hole, without even looking at the other issues, it is a very simple fix which would set a base from which we could set a successful future. GWS now have an African boy from Elizabeth, just drafted already looking like a star after 5 games. It is staring right at Adelaide, draft South Australians.

I genuinely don't understand where the club goes from here.

I get all the sack the coach etc, and i think he will be sacked, but this is a pretty deep hole they've dug.

There’s only one option and it’s rebuild again before Tassie comes in. Nicks is no good but was set up to fail with the list. We have some decent pieces from this current rebuild. Drafting strategy and talent ID has been a disaster and cannot be corrected through trading for overpriced players and the dire FA market.

Now we just need a bigger broom than last time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.

You can almost 100% guarantee they'd be saying "If you support the club you'd get behind us and stop riling people up".
Yep. Fanning the flames of negativity.

I know this place was an optimistic haven before Rowey started piping up

8Saying he's just out there to help the young guys out is a pretty weak effort. He's also clocking games to hit a contract trigger. Plus he cracked the sads when dropped last week, it's not about anything other than himself. Typical senior AFC player.
Ever heard a young player (or other) credit B.Smith with leadership or development traits?

Saying he's just out there to help the young guys out is a pretty weak effort. He's also clocking games to hit a contract trigger. Plus he cracked the sads when dropped last week, it's not about anything other than himself. Typical senior AFC player.
He's out there to increase his bank account. Would be funny if a player just said it. I guess it wouldn't go down well for their career.

Because all of their snouts are in the trough. Happy to get their free tickets to games, Chairman's lunches etc. but no interest in fostering a high performance culture.

There are three key pillars that drive a high performance culture - The Chairman, The CEO and the Coach.

Olsen V Kochie

Laugh all you like about this comparison but Kochie is a successful businessman and entrepreneur in his own right. He drives success. Its part of his brand. He drives a level of expectation publicly of the Port Adelaide Football Club. Olsen, does not. I do not think I ever heard anything come out of his mouth regarding the expectations within the Adelaide Football Club and if he does its just pissing in supporters ears with token statements with no real element of belief about them.

He may have achieved us getting a new home, but he has dropped the ball at the club big time and allowed a culture of ego and individualism to fester, but its the media and toxic fans fault....yeah!

Silvers
Says a lot of huff and puff but yet again its all about backing in the people, says nothing of substance and again, if he talks about expectations its just jargon cliche aimed for the Happy Clappers.

Nicks
Well lol. I dont even have to bother spelling this one out.

When the review was carried out, Riccuito said a lot about a desire to take the club to the elite level. But every appointment he has made or been apart of has failed long term. Olsen, Silvers, Nicks, Pyke, Burton, Fagen.

I have long been a defender of Roo and I think Pyke was not the worst appointment but it was toxic combo with Burton, Fagen was useless and simply wanted a resume pad and well Olsen, Silvers and Nicks are just another to add to the long list of failures.

I like all fans can acknowledge Roos heart is in the right place, but I think he is seduced way to much by someone who can talk the talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back