Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys - sincerest apologies for the intrusion and if no oppo supporters meant to be here.

But given the news, just wondering what to expect from Lynch if he makes his way over to us?

Cheers and best of luck for next season!
Bit undersized, but has really good aerobic capacity. Solid tap ruck, but can get worked under the footy at stoppages around the ground when he's caught wrestling. Has a decent leap on him. Hasn't shown much up forward at AFL level but was improving in that area in the reserves.

Makes great social media content too.

re-signing Langdon and Phillips for bloated contracts when we had both positions covered busted our cap.
they and Cox should have been allowed to walk
Then Langdon and Beams not retiring led to last seasons exodus
Again, stop making excuses on "Langdon, Phillips deals", Grundys 6 year deal and 6+Million has stuffed us and will continue too for years to come.

No club will ever want him and his deal either, so there isn't a Treloar situation or salary dump coming.

Again, stop making excuses on "Langdon, Phillips deals", Grundys 6 year deal and 6+Million has stuffed us and will continue too for years to come.

No club will ever want him and his deal either, so there isn't a Treloar situation or salary dump coming.
I do like how Grundy's mythical contract gets bigger each time someone has a whinge about it

Bit undersized, but has really good aerobic capacity. Solid tap ruck, but can get worked under the footy at stoppages around the ground when he's caught wrestling. Has a decent leap on him. Hasn't shown much up forward at AFL level but was improving in that area in the reserves.

Makes great social media content too.

Thanks mate and cheers all - appreciate the intel!

Its not under 900k, any supporter that thinks this deal is worth it is out of their mind. You don't pay players let alone a ruck anywhere near that in the modern game and for that long.

So Grundy is the Reason we won't be a Premiership Contender any time soon then?

Though Grundy nearly was a Big Reason we nearly won the Flag in 2019

Other Clubs have give some players that big of a Contract by why people not Winge about them?

Its not under 900k, any supporter that thinks this deal is worth it is out of their mind. You don't pay players let alone a ruck anywhere near that in the modern game and for that long.
Are you trying to say no players should be paid that much?

Even if it's true, it is where the market is at. We can't afford to stand our ground on a position like that when literally every other club, even the well managed ones, have big money deals like that.

Hey guys - sincerest apologies for the intrusion and if no oppo supporters meant to be here.

But given the news, just wondering what to expect from Lynch if he makes his way over to us?

He'll be a good get for you blokes, a depth player at worst. Just wonder what Mitchell has sold to him because from the games I've seen of Ned Reeves, he also seems like a young promising ruckman.

Other Clubs have give some players that big of a Contract by why people not Winge about them?
I’m very confident Grundy will win a flag or two with us TD. No one will care about his contract then.

I’m very confident Grundy will win a flag or two with us TD. No one will care about his contract then.

100% Agree jmac70 with him Hopefully helping us win a Flag and the People will change there Mind Quick

Are you trying to say no players should be paid that much?

Even if it's true, it is where the market is at. We can't afford to stand our ground on a position like that when literally every other club, even the well managed ones, have big money deals like that.
Should have just traded him to Adelaide for two first rounders and a bit.
The only clubs that have these type of deals are Carlton... and they're well documented about their garbage. Sydney got Buddy which is fair.

He should not be on anywhere near that after 1 genuine elite year, because he's been no where near the player he should be for that money.

Whether part of the Lynch deal or not I’d hope we’d upgrade a couple of our 50s picks to one in the mid-40s for the points. For Lynch my preference would be a future third.
Haha. So, when we downgrade our high picks for lower picks, we want to gather more points to make it worthwhile. Now, you want us to upgrade our picks and not lose any points?? No club wants to downgrade picks just to help us.
Eat cake.
Keep cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy shat himself in the 2018 GF.
He got humiliated by a 30 year old+ Mumford in 2019 PF.

That doesn't make it okay. The only clubs are desprete ones like GWS/Carl who can't get anyone to the club.

Congilios deal...working a treat for GWS isn't it.. Blues with Zac Williams.. a treat.

Should have just traded him to Adelaide for two first rounders and a bit.
The only clubs that have these type of deals are Carlton... and they're well documented about their garbage. Sydney got Buddy which is fair.

He should not be on anywhere near that after 1 genuine elite year, because he's been no where near the player he should be for that money.
He’s had two AA years, and despite having a down year, still matched Gawn statistically this year.
He’ll bounce back next year to be one of our best. Take that to the bank baby!

He’s had two AA years, and despite having a down year, still matched Gawn statistically this year.
He’ll bounce back next year to be one of our best. Take that to the bank baby!
Gawn is a match winner, natural leader. Grundy folds when it gets too hard.

Ignoring the bullshit

So, when we downgrade our high picks for lower picks, we want to gather more points to make it worthwhile.
When did we do that this trade period? 22 was downgraded, but we got a future third not more points.

Now, you want us to upgrade our picks and not lose any points??
We can only take in as many picks as vacant list positions. Hence the dogs wanted one higher pick as opposed to a couple of lower picks. Despite your bullshit it’s logical to want us to do the same given we haven’t delisted anyone, which suggests the retention of some players is contingent on the number of open list spots we take into the draft.

No club wants to downgrade picks just to help us.
Inside knowledge, source or opinion?

Eat cake.
Downgrade picks for points? Nope not yet in 2021.

Keep cake.
Gain a higher points pick, so we don’t have to delist someone we may otherwise retain? Yes, please.

Grundy shat himself in the 2018 GF.
He got humiliated by a 30 year old+ Mumford in 2019 PF.

That doesn't make it okay. The only clubs are desprete ones like GWS/Carl who can't get anyone to the club.

Congilios deal...working a treat for GWS isn't it.. Blues with Zac Williams.. a treat.

Guess then Thanks to Guy then Media might be right we be 3-4 Years away from Finals with our Biggest Contract to someone who might not even be best 22?

What a diabolical situation, losing a talented prospect for not much is not appealing in any scenario.

What a better balanced side we’d be with Grundy off the payroll and Max Lynch filling the void.

the salary cap could be used better in other parts of the grounds. I feel like there is no premiership with our biggest investment being Grundy….and I’m not knocking because he’s a star. But I don’t feel that any ruckman should be paid as much as he is.

If you can offer a 2nd round pick, I will throw in my user name as well.

Ignoring the bullshit

When did we do that this trade period? 22 was downgraded, but we got a future third not more points.

We can only take in as many picks as vacant list positions. Hence the dogs wanted one higher pick as opposed to a couple of lower picks. Despite your bullshit it’s logical to want us to do the same given we haven’t delisted anyone, which suggests the retention of some players is contingent on the number of open list spots we take into the draft.

Inside knowledge, source or opinion?

Downgrade picks for points? Nope not yet in 2021.

Gain a higher points pick, so we don’t have to delist someone we may otherwise retain? Yes, please.
Pretty hostile reply, with lots of “billtish’ comments, but here it goes:
Pick 22 was a win by at least 200 points to us if Freo does not finish higher than 10th ( if you add up the points).

It is my opinion, but it is generally logical that teams don’t do trades to help us. The do them because it is beneficial to them. If you believe otherwise, I have a car, a house, and gold bullion I want to sell to you..

We most likely will have 6 or 7 list spaces, so we will be able to use that many draft picks for matching bids.

Those without contracts include Thomas, Sier, Rantall, Madge, Cox, Cameron and sounds like Lynch will be traded. We also have Chugg off the rookie list without a contract. One less rookie means we can have one more spot on the primary list that we can use to take into the draft to use for matching bids.
Anyway, thanks for the abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back