• Mayweather

Votes: 118 63.4%
  • Mcgregor

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Rigged draw for inevitable rematch.

Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think both fighters knew they were gonna make a truck load of money regardless of the result.

Lol! Manny and Conor are in the same position in terms of making a truck load of money regardless of the result. What you're suggesting is insulting to Pacquiao who is one of the best light weight boxers of all time. He's moved through divisions, fought champions who were much bigger than him and always fought at 100%. Why in the biggest fight of his career would he suddenly think the result didn't matter because he was making a large amount of money?

Lol! Manny and Conor are in the same position in terms of making a truck load of money regardless of the result. What you're suggesting is insulting to Pacquiao who is one of the best light weight boxers of all time. He's moved through divisions, fought champions who were much bigger than him and always fought at 100%. Why in the biggest fight of his career would he suddenly think the result didn't matter because he was making a large amount of money?

The fight speaks for itself.

McGregor hater using the 'he tapped' home run swing defence/get out clause......never seen that before.

That Conor tapped is not in dispute, I was suggesting you tapped out when you were called for saying something ridiculous.

At least you fought like McGregor and tapped out when it was too tough for you. :thumbsu:
HEY! as a McGregor nut hugger that agreed with ur argument so far, I'm offended!

He tapped after gassing and getting tagged on the chin from a Nate Diaz combo in a super exciting 2 round fight. No shame in that. :p

Just seeing the back and forth about Mayweather/Pacquiao lol. Just glad it's not me in a silly argument this time haha.

I can understand people not liking Mayweather's style. It's a bit similar to not liking GSP's later style or even Aldo's. Both became dominant champions and started winning mostly by decision, and their offering of violence to the MMA gods was substantially reduced.

I didn't like GSP much from when I started watching MMA up to his fight with Hendricks. First GSP fight I saw live was the Hardy fight or maybe the 2nd Koscheck one. So I missed everything that originally brought people in. I've come to really appreciate GSP since though. He was so good. Now I realise there's something so impressive about the way guys like GSP and Mayweather can make their opponents have basically no offence.

The Mayweather/Pacquaio fight was a typical Mayweather fight in the end. Everyone expected it to be something different. There was a chance that Pacquiao could do a lot better than others had against Mayweather. There was also a really good chance that Mayweather would be able to do what he does to everyone else and he did. Mayweather's a great boxer and he's brilliant defensively. I don't see why that isn't the story of the fight rather than it being called a boring, typical Mayweather fight.

Saying the fight sucked because they both knew they were getting a lot of money is pretty laughable to me. They've both fought hard to try to win every single fight of their careers and they had made plenty of money before this fight. A lot of money isn't going to suddenly change them completely.

This is something Dana White's brought up; boxing started paying the boxers so much and then they performed worse according to him. I don't buy this at all. Diaz/McGregor 2 was great and they both got paid a lot. McGregor's pay has continued to grow from fight to fight and it hasn't changed the way he fights one bit. Diaz's pay skyrocketed by getting the McGregor fights and it didn't change his approach at all. Top athletes aren't going to be happy losing, or performing below their best, because they're getting paid more.

Saying the fight sucked because they both knew they were getting a lot of money is pretty laughable to me. They've both fought hard to try to win every single fight of their careers and they had made plenty of money before this fight. A lot of money isn't going to suddenly change them completely.

Never questioned.

Floyd had Manny's measure that night but nothing from anyone will convince me that Manny tried to win. Have a look at the last round of their fight. Manny and his corner would have known heading into the final round that they were down on points.....

He offered nothing but jabs. Granted at that stage of the fight he'd be tired as **** but come on....try to make something happen rather than just going through the motions.

Anyways that'll be my last 2c worth on that fight.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao was a glorified sparring session....probably did more damage to boxing than good given the hype surrounding that fight. McGregor will lose....but he'll lose trying to win. For that reason and the what if factor is why people will watch this this fight.

What if factor being - what if McGregor decided to go nuts and throw throw everything he possible could in the 1st round for 3 minutes? It ****s him for the rest of the fight but he's gonna lose anyways. Has Mayweather ever copt a barrage of punches for 3 minutes in the first round? Usually round 1 is very touchy/feely timid for boxers, they have to conserve energy for 12 rounds.
Hagler v Hearns.

Best 1st round of boxing ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely people who think McGregor knocks Mayweather out only watch MMA. After watching good boxers you'd realise that McGregor isn't that good of a boxer. Then there's Mayweather who is far better than just good and he's a brilliant defensive fighter. That left though :rolleyes:

I see that Daniel Cormier said the logical thing - he'd get KO'd by Anthony Joshua in boxing.

Now for some MMA fans to chime in.

Lol. MMA fans think small gloves changes things so dramatically. I love how this person comes to the conclusion that MMA fighters move better. It's just common sense that when it comes to boxing (in MMA or boxing, with small gloves or big), boxers both cover up better and move better.

Love the people that say they wouldn't watch yet they waste their time commenting and arguing about the fight (more so Facebook comments)

At the end of the day Conor is doing it for a massive pay day who gives a **** if he gets thumped for 12 rounds? He gets more than he ever will for a fight in the UFC and he gets to say he fought Mayweather which would appeal to him I think. Hypothetically though could you imagine if Conor knocked out Floyd haha he would literally need a new planet to live on. His new asking price would be astronomical and turn himself into just about the biggest sporting star since Jordan.

Love the people that say they wouldn't watch yet they waste their time commenting and arguing about the fight (more so Facebook comments)

At the end of the day Conor is doing it for a massive pay day who gives a **** if he gets thumped for 12 rounds? He gets more than he ever will for a fight in the UFC and he gets to say he fought Mayweather which would appeal to him I think. Hypothetically though could you imagine if Conor knocked out Floyd haha he would literally need a new planet to live on. His new asking price would be astronomical and turn himself into just about the biggest sporting star since Jordan.

That's the beauty of it for CM. There's no downside...at all.

A) He gets his arse beaten for 12 rounds, still makes bank and nobody begrudges it because he lost to the GOAT in a different combat sport.

B) He somehow wins, makes even bigger bank and becomes the biggest sporting icon of his age.

Haven't really been following much combat sports related lately, a bit burned out. This fight any closer to happening?

Conors side has been done. Deal signed.

Dana now must speak with floyd to finalise it.

So half way there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26 MGM Grand

Back