McKinley seeking a trade to Victorian club.

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect us to go after him, as he would fit our structures nicely.

I wouldnt see us offering anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him though, you will be doing very well if you get more.

The fact that Worsfold refused to play him this season has reduced his currency.

Ratten has come out and said we will be active and agressive in trade week....and I can see the following happening;

McKinley>Carlton in exchange for pick #52

Our second rounder (pick #36) will be offered to Fremantle for Tarrant and I also think that our first rounder may be offered to Brisbane for either Brennan or Drummond.

The only way a second round pick would be on offer is if we trade Jacobs for a late first/early second round pick......

Steven Browne looks as though he will be heading back home to the West also.
There will probably be a few in the market for McKinley and I'd be surprised if #52 would do it - worth virtually nothing. Doubt we'd be interested in Browne, now Yarren or Garlett that's another matter.

I expect us to go after him, as he would fit our structures nicely.

I wouldnt see us offering anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him though, you will be doing very well if you get more.

The fact that Worsfold refused to play him this season has reduced his currency.

Ratten has come out and said we will be active and agressive in trade week....and I can see the following happening;

McKinley>Carlton in exchange for pick #52

Our second rounder (pick #36) will be offered to Fremantle for Tarrant and I also think that our first rounder may be offered to Brisbane for either Brennan or Drummond.

The only way a second round pick would be on offer is if we trade Jacobs for a late first/early second round pick......

Steven Browne looks as though he will be heading back home to the West also.

Pick 52 would be of no use to us because we already have 4 picks before then and are unlikely to be able to use 5 picks.

If Carlton actually want him, they would need to do better than that. Not saying he is "worth" more than 52, just saying if that was a final offer, WC might just let him go in the PSD.

Perhaps spice up a trade with us by giving you McKinley, Spangher and say pick 26 for Yarran..... :D

Pick 52 would be of no use to us because we already have 4 picks before then and are unlikely to be able to use 5 picks.

If Carlton actually want him, they would need to do better than that. Not saying he is "worth" more than 52, just saying if that was a final offer, WC might just let him go in the PSD.

Perhaps spice up a trade with us by giving you McKinley, Spangher and say pick 26 for Yarran..... :D

Lulz!!!

probably right in that respect....

May be a chance of McKinley and Spangher (I know we chased him last year)....for a second rounder and Browne depending on what happens with the Tarrant/Jacobs front.

There will probably be a few in the market for McKinley and I'd be surprised if #52 would do it - worth virtually nothing. Doubt we'd be interested in Browne, now Yarren or Garlett that's another matter.

As I've said a few times around BF, it wouldn't be a BF Carlton fan's hypothetical trade deal without offering Browne and/or a pick that wouldn't be used by us, for trade.

I think McKinley and pick 45 for Carlton's pick 36 is about right.

Carlton will only try and offload their spuds to us if we try and swap players with them. Also, their 3rd and 4th picks are too late in the draft to be of any use for WC. WC will be out of the draft by Carlton's 3rd pick.

EDIT: Eagle87 said the same thing about pick 52. I posted before getting to read his comment.

Good.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Ben. Cried when he was drafted to us, never really wanted to be at the Eagles and showed it with half arsed efforts when he played.

Who cares who he goes to, as long as he's not with us.

If he never wanted to play for us, why did he sign a contract for this year when he had the chance to walk?

Stop talking crap. Never got a fair go (this year at least), so wants to leave. Fair enough I reckon.

If he never wanted to play for us, why did he sign a contract for this year when he had the chance to walk?

Stop talking crap. Never got a fair go (this year at least), so wants to leave. Fair enough I reckon.
Change it to "didn't get/earn a game" (depending on your slant) and I agree with you

The hope is that his 2008 season will paper over his deficiencies and boost his trade value, similar to that of Mark Williams last year.

Clubs may think he's still got a lot the potential and has just had a down couple of years.

We of course know the truth is that we had a bunch of injuries in 2008, leaving McKinley as the main man inside 50 for us (the only position he can play). He had his kicking boats on that year too, but that accuracy his since deserted him. That has left him a slow, inaccurate medium forward with poor defensive pressure.

If only he'd left in 2008.. would have got a 2nd/3rd round draft pick for him in a very strong draft.

Very sorry to see Ben go. Every team needs a cute Ben in their squad :)
I will be spitting if we keep Hansen, Lynch or Wilkes on the books. All dead wood.

Good.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Ben. Cried when he was drafted to us, never really wanted to be at the Eagles and showed it with half arsed efforts when he played.

Who cares who he goes to, as long as he's not with us.

Sh* t hey, someone cried at the age of 18 when they got drafted to the other side of the country. i spose no one else has done that and if they did lucky they didnt have a camera infront of them.

Ben loves perth and if he isnt traded will be playing in the wafl next year. the only thing he wants out of is the eagles and the sh*thouse coaching group he has to put up with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sh* t hey, someone cried at the age of 18 when they got drafted to the other side of the country. i spose no one else has done that and if they did lucky they didnt have a camera infront of them.

Ben loves perth and if he isnt traded will be playing in the wafl next year. the only thing he wants out of is the eagles and the sh*thouse coaching group he has to put up with.

Exactly. With Micale I suspect he knows where he stands, but he doesn't at the eagles.

Exactly. With Micale I suspect he knows where he stands, but he doesn't at the eagles.

I thought it was very clear.

Not in best 22.

Given ample time to develop in specific areas in the WAFL (clearly communicated even in the press) including endurance, work rate and defensive pressure. Has improved to his credit but has not met AFL standards.

A 90's forward, left behind by the game, that doesnt dominate at WAFL level.

A depth player at very best who has probably been told so.

The nasty coaches not playing a spud!

I thought it was very clear.

Not in best 22.

Given ample time to develop in specific areas in the WAFL (clearly communicated even in the press) including endurance, work rate and defensive pressure. Has improved to his credit but has not met AFL standards.

A 90's forward, left behind by the game, that doesnt dominate at WAFL level.

A depth player at very best who has probably been told so.

The nasty coaches not playing a spud!

I'm talking about knowing his role in the team, not arguing that he's a best 22. I'm also suggesting that he's not leaving because he doesn't like the Eagles, or Perth, because people keep bringing up about him crying when first drafted. That's all in the past, he's not turning his back, as such.;)

I agree. Ben only wants a trade because he is not given enough chance to play his game.
If he wanted to go back to Victoria, he would have done it two years ago. He wants to be a one-club player.
Read the latest issue of Eagle Eye.

He may have not scored some goals expected of him in the 10 games he played, but he had a number of goal-assists.

If he is not important to the team, why are we in page 10 now?

Yes, royalsfan, we do need a cute Ben in the squad.;)

I'm talking about knowing his role in the team, not arguing that he's a best 22. I'm also suggesting that he's not leaving because he doesn't like the Eagles, or Perth, because people keep bringing up about him crying when first drafted. That's all in the past, he's not turning his back, as such.;)

the past is irrelevant to me
he wants out because he will not get game and he knows it. It is that simple

His position in team is to play in forward line as a mid, when ball is at ground level he is required to crumb and when opposition have the ball to tackle like mad. Everyone knows this is what he needs to do, find it hard to believe he doesnt. The last 2 are not afl standard. He is a player unfortunately who is way too short to play in position that suits him, and that's it. Games has changed way too much and a team can no longer carry defensively weak players, unless their offense is exceptional. Pity though and maybe a change is good just to reset.

I agree. Ben only wants a trade because he is not given enough chance to play his game.
If he wanted to go back to Victoria, he would have done it two years ago. He wants to be a one-club player.
Read the latest issue of Eagle Eye.

He may have not scored some goals expected of him in the 10 games he played, but he had a number of goal-assists.

If he is not important to the team, why are we in page 10 now?

Yes, royalsfan, we do need a cute Ben in the squad.;)

Hi Mrs. McKinley.
What's the weather like over East?

Remove this Banner Ad

McKinley seeking a trade to Victorian club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back