List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Rant ON.

And basic journalistic and editorial standards have gone out the door also.
How can a basic errors such as...
The Lions have access to highly-touted father-son Levi Ashcroft — whose brother Levi just one a Norm Smith Medal
pass proof reading or the editor.
And
Lachie Neale runs there midfield
basic there/their mistakes that are not only made but missed in the re-read and by the editorial staff.

I expect better grammar standards from most BF posters. And journalists are supposedly doing this on a day to day basis as a job.

Rant OFF

iT'S MINDBLOWING! There, their - get it right, y'all. And he's /his - drives me crazy too, but then I am an English teacher.

Baker is a handy acquisition, but a couple of games into the season we'll all say **** I wish we had some mids that can run and carry, break lines, have good skills, accumulate a stack of possessions which is what a pick 3 generally guarantees us.

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’d think after seeing the impact Harley had, they’d realise maybe splitting isn’t smart.

Missed out on Sheezel / Wardlaw and will now miss out on 5-6 top quality midfielders

We’re the only club that doesn’t value top 3 picks whatsoever.

Two top 10 picks on our entire list despite finishing 17th, 18th and 16th the last 3 years is inexcusable.

You’d think after seeing the impact Harley had, they’d realise maybe splitting isn’t smart.

Missed out on Sheezel / Wardlaw and will now miss out on 5-6 top quality midfielders

Two top 10 picks on our entire list despite finishing 17th, 18th and 16th the last 3 years is inexcusable.
Simply agree great post

Your acting like Clarke went rouge & it was all just him. Yep he is the list manager but you’re dreaming if you think what he says goes. Pyke & the board have to sign off on it (I assume). He clearly could have done some things better but it’s clear you just don’t like him so doesn’t matter what happens.

Maybe give it a few years & then judge.
rogue

Rant ON.

And basic journalistic and editorial standards have gone out the door also.
How can a basic errors such as...
The Lions have access to highly-touted father-son Levi Ashcroft — whose brother Levi just one a Norm Smith Medal
pass proof reading or the editor.
And
Lachie Neale runs there midfield
basic there/their mistakes that are not only made but missed in the re-read and by the editorial staff.

I expect better grammar standards from most BF posters. And journalists are supposedly doing this on a day to day basis as a job.

Rant OFF
509e58e8-03bf-4d2b-ae72-27898af1426e_text.gif

I think you would struggle to find any 18 year old that is keen to leave their own state
I know for a fact that two of the girls who will get selected from the Pioneers and at least one of the boys have stated their preference to me directly to be selected by an interstate club.
The other three Bendigo boys (including Tobie) have indicated that they don't have a preference and would be very happy to move interstate.

We just need Hewett to be over his injury and be able to play completely pain free, and Ginbey to move back to the midfield after learning to accumulate the ball in defence, and we might still be okay. If Hutchinson can make it as a full time mid, it will be a bonus.
I have faith that Bo Allen can develop into a handy mid if we draft him at pick 12.

There are a few players, but not sure on depth.

Owies - 30 goal forward (at a good team)
Dewar - seems a good prospect maybe even further up the ground
Baker - defender
Brockman - one of the more disappointing first years. Could be bought out if his output doesn’t double
Rawlinson - still big unknown if he makes it
Hewett - hopefully a full time mid, could be dead though
Petrucelle - known quantity, serviceable. wouldn’t say he’s great and is ooc next year….(band 1?)
Cripps - likely done after 2025

Forgot Ryan as well.

I agree alot of unknowns in there but its the number of list spots being allocated the that type.

Reid will go forward to break the tag.

Kelly played better at Geelong off a HFF.

Berry does sound a bit Zorko like. Long also same size as Zorko BTW.

Pretty sure both Monocle and WCE_phil have both said Hotton has made it clear he doesn’t want to leave Melbourne.
You responded to Obeanie saying go the Hail Mary, you do know what that means I assume and you are just baiting Obeanie into a conversation (I.e., trolling him in the way he regularly accuses)? Or are you just brizsplaining that which is obvious to all again?

I think the Hail Mary would otherwise be an apt description to west coast selecting Hotton as Obeanie has suggested and to which you responded.

We just need Hewett to be over his injury and be able to play completely pain free, and Ginbey to move back to the midfield after learning to accumulate the ball in defence, and we might still be okay. If Hutchinson can make it as a full time mid, it will be a bonus.
I have faith that Bo Allen can develop into a handy mid if we draft him at pick 12.
I don't see Gibney being anything byt a serviceable mid, he doesn't see ball get ball, he sees the ball then reacts to what's happening around him. He is great in the backline with the ball coming to him.

You’d think after seeing the impact Harley had,I can't bele they’d realise maybe splitting isn’t smart.

Man the thought that we could've had sheezel really rubs me the wrong way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see Gibney being anything byt a serviceable mid, he doesn't see ball get ball, he sees the ball then reacts to what's happening around him. He is great in the backline with the ball coming to him.
Probably judging a bit early at this stage. We will know by his fourth season

Forgot Ryan as well.

I agree alot of unknowns in there but its the number of list spots being allocated the that type.

Reid will go forward to break the tag.

Kelly played better at Geelong off a HFF.

Berry does sound a bit Zorko like. Long also same size as Zorko BTW.

Yep forgot Long and Ryan.

I kind of agree where you’re at, but with 12 I say take best talent available. So long as we stick to our draft board and don’t pick a Brander type slider.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A good run at things and I think he could play anywhere it's just about development. He is one of my absolute favourites in the draft.

I mean the absolute best would mean he ends up like Lecras before doing his knee where he was looking like becoming a high end midfielder who would also kick a couple of goals a game. Just pure class. I mean Lecras got very close to that in 2014/2015 but he lost quite a bit of athleticism due to the knee.

In saying that I think Berry could be the one in this draft that is a forward now who has spent a bit of time in the midfield but due to his smarts, ability to read the play and kicking could make an elite HB.

I do however have a type when it comes to draftees and smart footballers are something that perhaps I overrate. Maybe I see more to them than is there.

There will also be either a decent quality grunt or outside mid at pick 26 or there will be plenty of tall options. I think the tall options in this draft have really come on and been undersold.

It's also why I think (without someone going over my head and trading the hawks F1) i'd really like to have an extra pick before 30. I personally think GWS pick 20 is probably the easiest to get our hands on now.

With teams holding multiple picks in front of us i'm expecting 2 to be off the board before our first pick.

Richmond not only need to take a lot of picks but the reason I don't mention chasing 1 or 2 of theirs is I think they will chase the North pick hard. North turned down 12 & 14 for pick 2 before it was offered to us. Will they accept 10 & 11 on it's own. If I was North it's hard. At 10/11 the best 2 talls could be off the table (but probably the second is still there). Richmond and Melbourne if that trade happened I would think 6 & 9 are talls. Do the saints reach for a true tall as well is an interesting question.

Richmond in that scenario could go small with 1,2 and 6 and then look to use their 18,20,23 and 24 to fill other positions on the ground. For me pick 6 is where the top rated tall comes off the board. Maybe Melbourne with 5 but I think they might go small then tall.

St Kilda who knows. The last time they had back to back picks and went with the hard nosed mid / HB types they got burnt in Clarke + Coffield. A genuine mid and then an athletically elite hybrid in Tauru makes a lot of sense.

If just can't see north being set with pick 2 as they have nothing else. However pantskyle probably has more of an idea than they do. They could use pick 2 and then look to use their future first to buy back in for a couple of picks in the 20's.

If they do that maybe a couple of Richmond's later picks do become available for the right offer.

Also makes me wonder in that case if people here would be very happy or very annoyed if the club traded 12 and the hawks F2 for Norths F1 live.

If Hewett can come back fit (I can't comment and don't have enough details as im on the other side of the country anyway) along with Hutch there's those 2 plus potentially Maric and the 3 traded players / FA's to bring into the best 22 already. So we've lost Barrass & Darling (assuming old coaching structure) from the best 22 that still means 3 more players to fit in.

Would people still be upset if that happened and we were able to trade the Hawks future first to Richmond for 23 & 24? Just take this draft at 23,24 & 26 plus champion and go to next years draft / trade period armed with our future 1,2,3, NM F1 plus Hawks future third.

2 guaranteed picks in the top 5 of next years draft with a stronger top end or still with the ability to land a top 2 draftee and add Chad Warner.

More competitive next year with some more young talent but a bit more speculative from this draft and then add either 2 very high level picks next year even if Warner is no longer interested in coming. I personally would prefer 23,24,26 and have 2 rolled gold picks / players next year. I think the top end of next years draft is at a higher level.
I think you are a fraud. If I remember correctly you thought Harley Reid was not worth pick one, didn't have a tank was perhaps what you said. Lots of gullible people on big footy. If you are so close to it all you need to be sacked immediately, the recruitment department has ****ed up for the last 6 to 7 years. 2018 was a long time ago. The next time that we are truly in the "window" could be at least a decade away.

So we’re one top 10 pick short which is this this year

Unless I missed the memo that said you get more than one top 10 pick for finishing bottom 3

And we didn’t miss out on Sheezel - North don’t do that trade of pick 1 unless they were getting pick 2. They knew GWS would take Cadman so they’d still get Sheezel

We’d have taken Cadman which is why GWS wanted to get in front of us

If Hewett can get over his foot issues and build on the promise he showed in 2023 then that pick split will be fine

I think you are a fraud. If I remember correctly you thought Harley Reid was not worth pick one, didn't have a tank was perhaps what you said. Lots of gullible people on big footy. If you are so close to it all you need to be sacked immediately, the recruitment department has ****ed up for the last 6 to 7 years. 2018 was a long time ago. The next time that we are truly in the "window" could be at least a decade away.
As from 1994 to 2006 there was a 12 year gap and then 2006 to 2018 another 12 year gap then on that basis it will be 2030 before we can expect to win our next flag lol. Of course there are never any guarantees. Hopefully there will be a huge improvement in our development program going forward as imo that’s where our downfall has been whilst under Simmo’s regime - so if we can get that right maybe improvement will come sooner rather than later!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back