Me and 5aa never ever again

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry. Your post seemed negative. I was just applying Krow logic.

Mate, I'm generally quite optimistic, and I still think we can be a player comes Finals time.

But when we lose, as I said, it seems like the other team doesn't win, we just lose.

Quite often when we lose it isn't because the other team plays well, it's because we play poorly.

Do you disagree?

Mate, I'm generally quite optimistic, and I still think we can be a player comes Finals time.

But when we lose, as I said, it seems like the other team doesn't win, we just lose.

Quite often when we lose it isn't because the other team plays well, it's because we play poorly.

Do you disagree?

Completely agree with you.

Our losses have been concerning - generally pantsed in the basics. Essendon, Collingwood, Fremantle (asterisk for umpiring) and Melbourne all seemed to want it more in the clinches and too many of our second tier players go missing.

Scott Lucas booting 8. Brad Green getting 4000 touches. Last year I think it was Rowan Jones who got 30+ touches against us in both WCE games.

Great performances yes, but an example of someone(two, three?) not doing a good enough job.

We know we've had a ridiculous injury list for a good nine months now, but you can only play with what you've got - and there are some very worrying signs as you say. Whether that means looking to extract 10% more improvement or reevaluating our goals I don't know.

In the wider scheme of things relating to the initial thread topic, I just think this pervading mentality that any if not all media criticism should be met with flaming torches and voodoo dolls is flatout poor - hell, not even I can say anything without the old Pr0t chestnut being wheeled out.

Some maturity as students of the game wouldn't go astray - reminds me of the peanuts around me who slaughter the players (Perrie come on down!) for the 120 minutes, but then hop on 5AA and bitch about Rucci. Laughable double-standard.

Big picture stuff.

Our losses to Essendon and Collingwood were awful, regardless of how close we were at certain stages we were never in it.

In the past few weeks we've struggled to topple Richmond at home despite a healthy start, only got over Carlton late, and at one stage were down by 7 goals to a side that prior to yesterday was 0-9.

That 'comeback' in the last quarter was a junktime special. Melbourne had the game in their keeping and were tiring, we finally made some things happen which got the margin down a bit. The result however was never in doubt.

"Get a grip"? That's fine, but I'm glad we don't have a trip to Subiaco or Kardinia Park for awhile.

The worst thing, and it may deserve it's own thread, is the manner in which we tend to lose.

When we lose, it generally seems to be from a lack of intensity and being 'switched on' - we rarely go head to head with teams where the lead changes; we're either on, or we're not.

Bit of a worry.

Boys, you are right on the money. Both of you.

We are struggling our arses off at the moment just to try and beat the lesser lights of the comp.

Play like that against the better teams and we'll get caned.

The King has hit it right on the G spot with his comments on the lack of intensity that we have shown for long periods this year in nearly every game.

Our game is built around that very same intensity and unless Craig gets the players to re-discover it across the board, we'll only have a moderate season.

Get the hunger and the intensity back and anything will be possible.

Completely agree with you.

Our losses have been concerning - generally pantsed in the basics. Essendon, Collingwood, Fremantle (asterisk for umpiring) and Melbourne all seemed to want it more in the clinches and too many of our second tier players go missing.

Scott Lucas booting 8. Brad Green getting 4000 touches. Last year I think it was Rowan Jones who got 30+ touches against us in both WCE games.

Great performances yes, but an example of someone(two, three?) not doing a good enough job.

We know we've had a ridiculous injury list for a good nine months now, but you can only play with what you've got - and there are some very worrying signs as you say. Whether that means looking to extract 10% more improvement or reevaluating our goals I don't know.

In the wider scheme of things relating to the initial thread topic, I just think this pervading mentality that any if not all media criticism should be met with flaming torches and voodoo dolls is flatout poor - hell, not even I can say anything without the old Pr0t chestnut being wheeled out.

Some maturity as students of the game wouldn't go astray - reminds me of the peanuts around me who slaughter the players (Perrie come on down!) for the 120 minutes, but then hop on 5AA and bitch about Rucci. Laughable double-standard.

One things for sure, if we play the way we have the last 3 weeks, Geelong will slaughter us.

Don't have a problem with McDermott's opinions on the game but I was left unimpressed when the whole 5AA team (I think it was McDermott, Wildy and Rowe) were all having a crack at the press conference, complaining that no one asked Neil Craig any tough questions and that he'd got off very lightly. Why do they need all three of them up in the box? Couldn't one of them head down to the press conference?

The three of them would rather sit up in the box making tough guy comments about the hard-hiting, incisive questions they would have asked when in reality they would more likely wet their pants than ask Craig a tough question to his face.

With all the talk about Rucci (sorry bighawk) on this forum I thought it odd that no-one picked up on another 'alias' that is posting in this thread. He is still a newbie, even though he joined several years ago, and if you quickly scroll through his posts I think you will all agree that he is who I think he is. Who is he? I'll leave it up to you, it's not too hard or time consuming.

Dunno about that one if you look through the posting history gets! got some tickets from him/her earlier in the year. If he saw him face to face then that might dispel the idea that it could be the rooch, but BigHawk is definately Rooch though.

I think this poster is someone else other than rooch. Used to play for the crows and is bitter about his 'retirement' On the tickets thing, it wouldn't be hard to get someone else to pass them on after doing the deal

Why? Because he is willing to call it as he sees it.

FFS – if Chris McDermott has a chip on his shoulder because he is willing to publicly criticize the Adelaide Football Club, 90% of this board does as well. There is not one player who has escaped condemnation by the masses.

You are making a huge leap in logic.

Criticism is not what evidenes the chip, it is unwarranted over the top criticism which does.

From memory Crows have been reasonably good over the last two and a half seasons.;)

You are making a huge leap in logic.

Criticism is not what evidenes the chip, it is unwarranted over the top criticism which does.

From memory Crows have been reasonably good over the last two and a half seasons.;)

But what have we got to show for it?

A good win/loss ration.

That’s about it, so if he sees an area of weakness that needs to be improved he has every right to voice it, it's then up to you to listen or ignore his ramblings.

IIRC after the Ian Perrie article came out a few weeks the general response from this board was he needed to ‘harden the **** up’ and take it on the chin, maybe as a supporter base we need to follow the same guidelines regarding the journalist (term used very loosely) in this state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As coincidence would have it, the AA team sat opposite me on the flight over and again on the way back.

Oh, so you were down toward the rear then ? How did our nice boys look seated ? They were very sombre and avoided eye contact as they entered from the front... must have got one hell of a rocket post-game, or were embarrassed at the 2nd Q.

Oh, so you were down toward the rear then ? How did our nice boys look seated ? They were very sombre and avoided eye contact as they entered from the front... must have got one hell of a rocket post-game, or were embarrassed at the 2nd Q.

No they were ok. I did have a chat to one of the trainers who sat next to me on the way home.

With our luck that day, I thought the plane was going to do a Garuda Airlines bounce along the runway when we landed. Had Geoff Morris on the aisle seat and he and I both looked a bit ...............bemused :eek: .

Trotted out on the field at westies one day as he addressed the players at 3/4 time... lots of "F"s as I recall as the gist of the gee-up... can picture him as bemused :)

1. We were crap today, of course we will be bagged, and rightly so.

2. Regardless, McDermott has a chip on his shoulder.

IMO McDermott does NOT have a chip on his shoulder, but rather his comments stem from his naturally negative and critical nature - there are many different types of personalities in society.

In any case I much prefer his critical negative approach because although i may not often agree with his comments they do make one think more analytically about something rather than the sycophantic type of comments one gets from KG etc.

Thought the original post was about 5aa .

For my two cents 5aa does give me the shites too,if someone rings up and mentions anything negative,contoversial or damning about the crows or power you get dumped and cornsey trots out the old defafation line,yet when i listen to melbourne radio callers can more or less say what they like.

5aa,..............too precious:thumbsdown:

Thought the original post was about 5aa .

For my two cents 5aa does give me the shites too,if someone rings up and mentions anything negative,contoversial or damning about the crows or power you get dumped and cornsey trots out the old defafation line,yet when i listen to melbourne radio callers can more or less say what they like.

5aa,..............too precious:thumbsdown:

You should have tuned in last night.:p

Im sure some here heard it last night and would have had a chuckle. Apologies for posting a Port Adelaide example but no matter what happens after every Port game KG comes out and wets himself over Chad and Kane Cornes and how Port would be stuffed without them and what brilliant games they have pleyed etc etc regardless of what has transpired.

A caller rings in last night and criticises Kane Cornes for his disposal, most notably his kicking The caller is 100% spot on with his observations of Kane and his floating kicks. But they would not have a bar of it, get stuck into this guy and basically just terminate the call.:p

But as discussed, the sports show continues to rate very very well so cant seen any changes soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Me and 5aa never ever again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back