News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dosage taken was fine non gameday, kept up same dosage, was asked by club doctor last minute at end of fitness test/warm up and he had just kept same schedule as other days. Hence being a last minute scratching.

That's Brady's version of events and as I've know him for years, he's not the type to lie and I spoke to him last night (text). He's a genuinely really good, honest country kid who just didn't quite understand the protocol was different for gameday as opposed to the previous days.

I spoke to him earlier this morning. He's pretty rough and as I understand it a few other guys were playing having had a really bad cold/flu throughout the week.

Last edited:
Dosage taken was fine non gameday, kept up same dosage, was asked by club doctor last minute at end of fitness test/warm up and he had just kept same schedule as other days. Hence being a last minute scratching.

That's Brady's version of events and as I've know him for years, he's not the type to lie and I spoke to him last night (text). He's a genuinely really good, honest country kid who just didn't quite understand the protocol was different for gameday as opposed to the previous days.

I spoke to him earlier this morning. He's pretty rough and as I understand it a few other guys were playing having had a really bad cold/flu throughout the week.
Glad to hear he wasn't trying to game the system via extra ventolin puffs

That helps explain a lot regarding last night with Hough and the performances from a few on the ground.
Would have looked bad as well had the club came out mid week and said they are resting a few for "illness" after all the tanking bull from earlier in the week. Kind of damned if you do/damned if you don't.

Still should have rested the kid though rather than named him to play if he was crook all week.

so were we tanking last week or are we the worst team in history?
Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

People focusing too much on the Ventalin part.

To me the bigger issue is that someone submitted a team sheet with Hough a late out and Williams a late in, and failed to tell either of the players. That’s what led to the farcical situation with Hough kitted up on the bench being told he couldn’t play and Williams sitting up in the stands eating a pie when the ball was bounced.

People focusing too much on the Ventalin part.

To me the bigger issue is that someone submitted a team sheet with Hough a late out and Williams a late in, and failed to tell either of the players. That’s what led to the farcical situation with Hough kitted up on the bench being told he couldn’t play and Williams sitting up in the stands eating a pie when the ball was bounced.

What kind of pie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Crack tonight basically ignored us. When reviewing the Derby they talked about Freo, said " West Coast were terrible" and then moved on.
No analysis, no discussion, just ignored.

It's what it deserves.

First Crack tonight basically ignored us. When reviewing the Derby they talked about Freo, said " West Coast were terrible" and then moved on.
No analysis, no discussion, just ignored.

It's what it deserves.
TBH
Not much interest in the derby by the media.

The media will be frothing over Carlton.

The Dockers have probably been the most disappointing side of the year. Every one knew we'd be crap but they finished 5th last year.

Like McGuire said "Do you really need to keep kicking a dog when it's down"!

Last edited:
Keys - Looks like you made the west :D

".... And while fans were left saddened he would not be able to run out one last time in the blue and gold, they were quick to thank the Flying Fijian for leaving behind a highlight reel to rival the greats.

“This one hits hard. As much as anyone he lead us out of the doldrums post 2010 and never got the premiership medal he deserved Favourite player to watch, he’ll be missed Thanks for everything Nic. Always was, always will be a champion,” Keyser commented on club’s announcement on Twitter.

"

Keys - Looks like you made the west :D

".... And while fans were left saddened he would not be able to run out one last time in the blue and gold, they were quick to thank the Flying Fijian for leaving behind a highlight reel to rival the greats.

“This one hits hard. As much as anyone he lead us out of the doldrums post 2010 and never got the premiership medal he deserved Favourite player to watch, he’ll be missed Thanks for everything Nic. Always was, always will be a champion,” Keyser commented on club’s announcement on Twitter.

"

Lol

Copy my tweet for free then paywall the article

BRB suing the west

Pavlich puts the boot in - was just on the news complimenting NN's career, then takes a swipe at Eagles management saying NN's announcement was released now to cover up the derby debacle. He stated that clearly there needs to be sweeping changes at the club, but nothing seems to be happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back