News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The West totally misrepresenting a story again. Their interviewer set that up completely, by saying that the AFL has scheduled a match at the same time as WWE and our No1 draft pick Harley Reid will be unveiled for the first time, then asked Mysterio what he thought about it. Mysterio was actually pretty reserved in his response. This was about 20 seconds of a 10-minute interview.

It's professional wrestling, I doubt anyone is upset about the press beating up a 'conflict' story. WWE are probably trying to figure out how to keep this going as we speak.

Why is some kids' show getting covered in the sport section?

Hopefully no one 'turns to their evil character' when replying to this either.

We have been bad but I wouldn’t have stooped to calling the eagles a kids show just yet

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's professional wrestling, I doubt anyone is upset about the press beating up a 'conflict' story. WWE are probably trying to figure out how to keep this going as we speak.
I agree no-one would care about the conflict beat up for sure. It is The West's obsession with Harley Reid that annoys me. Virtually made the whole story about him. But it gets the clicks I suppose.

I agree no-one would care about the conflict beat up for sure. It is The West's obsession with Harley Reid that annoys me. Virtually made the whole story about him. But it gets the clicks I suppose.
No big deal really, those of average intelligence and above will go to, or tune into the footy. Only the brain dead, or those close to brain dead would seriously consider paying money to watch the crap that is WWE.

No big deal really, those of average intelligence and above will go to, or tune into the footy. Only the brain dead, or those close to brain dead would seriously consider paying money to watch the crap that is WWE.

IMG_1042.JPG

people might want to watch a fair dinkum contest…
The rest will go watch the scratch match.

Going off this forum I always had that the other way around.

The West totally misrepresenting a story again. Their interviewer set that up completely, by saying that the AFL has scheduled a match at the same time as WWE and our No1 draft pick Harley Reid will be unveiled for the first time, then asked Mysterio what he thought about it. Mysterio was actually pretty reserved in his response. This was about 20 seconds of a 10-minute interview.
The West has a paper to sell and Mysterio has an event to sell. Helping each other out. Nothing to see here, play on.

Sat next to Rhea Ripley on the flight from Sydney to Perth and i think the guy behind her might have been Dom Mystreio.
I asked if it was her boyfriend as she was talking to him and i was willing to shift.
I didn't know till i read saturday's paper who she was and she was here to promote a WWE event next year
All she told me was that she was from Adelaide but lives in Orlando and visting Perth for work.
You never know who you will meet in business class.

Sat next to Rhea Ripley on the flight from Sydney to Perth and i think the guy behind her might have been Dom Mystreio.
I asked if it was her boyfriend as she was talking to him and i was willing to shift.
I didn't know till i read saturday's paper who she was and she was here to promote a WWE event next year
All she told me was that she was from Adelaide but lives in Orlando and visting Perth for work.
You never know who you will meet in business class.
It surprises me more australia in the normal person sense hasn't switched over to watch more, She is like the dominant womens force for well over 2 years in the WWE, usually aussies are good at supporting other aussies just not in this case.

It surprises me more australia in the normal person sense hasn't switched over to watch more, She is like the dominant womens force for well over 2 years in the WWE, usually aussies are good at supporting other aussies just not in this case.
Probably because you need to pay for Foxtel to watch a wrestling soap opera?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you're already into wrestling you aren't going to pay to watch an event. At least in boxing the outcome isn't scripted. Unless you're dumb enough to watch a match with Logan Paul in it.

Unless you're already into wrestling you aren't going to pay to watch an event. At least in boxing the outcome isn't scripted. Unless you're dumb enough to watch a match with Logan Paul in it.

Not sure about that when you see some of the scorecards of fights that have gone on.

And the good thing is you don’t need Main Event anymore so you don’t need to pay. Fox 8 or the wwe channel is the go

GWS continue to set the bar for social media content.

This is very good. Adam Kingsley comes across really well

Would love for our guys to put out this level of engagement. Wishful thinking I know

Will never happen. Our club is run by boomers for boomers.

No offence, old timer.

All good

I’m not a boomer so no offence taken

Would love for our guys to put out this level of engagement. Wishful thinking I know

I was very sceptical of Kingsley when he was appointed, but he appears to be an absolute gun. There have been a few assistant coaches come through recently that have really impressed with their abilities from the start (Kingsley, Mitchell, McRae) and it makes it seem a bit foolish that some clubs are sticking with the recycled old dogs (Lyon, Hardwick).

We've had a couple of decent snippets from the club this preseason with inside access (Waterman video, co-captains announcement, return to training video) - which has been more than we've gotten in previous years.

It's still frustratingly small baby steps from our media team though and a long way behind what the GWS guys are cooking up.

The stuff GWS put out is not competitively disadvantaging them in any way - if anything it gets them more engaged fans which has a less obvious but definitely real benefit.

Assuming our media team isn't understaffed, the only thing stopping our guys from providing access like the Giants have is whether they can be bothered to do it.

The stuff GWS put out is not competitively disadvantaging them in any way - if anything it gets them more engaged fans which has a less obvious but definitely real benefit.

Assuming our media team isn't understaffed, the only thing stopping our guys from providing access like the Giants have is whether they can be bothered to do it.
I guess the difference is, GWS need to engage with fans because they need every single one of them. West Coast don't need to do anything and people will still turn up, so shrug.

My favourite is the half arsed week one recap of our preseason video, then nothing the following 4 weeks

I guess the difference is, GWS need to engage with fans because they need every single one of them. West Coast don't need to do anything and people will still turn up, so shrug.
605887.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back