News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still haven't seen the Freo board's 2018 GF thread. Heard that was juicy.

I remember this - too bad I didn't save it (or maybe I did but I cbf) but every post from about halfway through the first quarter until the next day was deleted. Every post, not kidding.

That was an epic collective melt combined with resignation from the Purples that Freo can never surpass us.

The highlight
sometimes bad guys have their wins.

Hitler took Poland France etc with ease

I also doubt that the thread was originally only 14 pages.

I remember this - too bad I didn't save it (or maybe I did but I cbf) but every post from about halfway through the first quarter until the next day was deleted. Every post, not kidding.

That was an epic collective melt combined with resignation from the Purples that Freo can never surpass us.

feels-good-man.jpg

The highlight

41D34ADB-E7B5-4AE7-B0EF-C931AD17D50C.gif

I think the name was Allikat and she was the source of the need for deletion as she melted so hard and inappropriately.

From Allikat in that thread:

Guys there's a melt thread if you need it. Keep this thread on-topic and about the grand final thanks. And if you're going to take pot shots towards other posters don't be surprised if your name ends up in red.

The highlight

This post in their 2018 GF thread is the best.

So based on today i'm thinking that a big contested marker like Lobb might be OK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The general finals and grand final threads on the Port board are even better reading if you can believe it.

Still obviously super salty about the after the siren extra time win the year before, they came across as even more sour than freo.

WWE star Dominik Mysterio mocks West Coast Eagle Harley Reid amid AFL fixture clash with Elimination Chamber

WWE superstar Dominik Mysterio has mocked the decision to schedule West Coast number one draft pick Harley Reid’s first appearance in the blue-and-gold at the same time as the Elimination Chamber event at Optus Stadium next year.

About 50,000 fans are expected to pack Optus Stadium on February 24 to watch the WWE’s first Premium Live Event in Australia since 2018. The WA government lured the entertainment giants to Perth and millions of fans will be watching on TV around the world. The blockbuster event will feature Australia’s Rhea Ripley who is the current WWE women’s champion along with a host of other massive names.

But when the AFL announced its pre-season fixtures this week, it included a match simulation clash between the Eagles and Dockers at Mineral Resources Park just one hour before the Elimination Chamber.

The AFL game will be broadcast on Kayo and attract enormous interest given it will be Reid’s first opportunity to compete in the number nine uniform.

Mysterio turned to his evil character when asked about the clashing of dates.

“Harley Reid? Who did he ever beat?” Mysterio asked.

“Not AJ Styles. I beat AJ Styles. He was number what pick? I didn’t even get picked because I was already there.

“It’s crazy. Can this kid even read? What’s his name? Harry Reid?

“At the same time as the Elimination Chamber? It’s not going to matter because if Mami’s (Ripley) on the show, nobody is going to be reading Harley Reid or watching this kid. I bet you he doesn’t even have a mullet like mine.”

West Coast General Manager of Football Gavin Bell said he understands some fans may be disappointed that the Eagles’ first hit-out against an opposition will clash with the WWE.

But he said the club had to give itself the best preparation for the season, including a seven-day break before playing Adelaide the following weekend.

“We want to bring our fans along on our journey but respect they may have a dual interest at the same time. We understand that,” Bell said.

“It was a decision in consultation with Fremantle over a couple of week period. It enables us to have a normal week, prepare our players as we would for a game, have a Captains Run and then get out there and play.

“We’re playing in the evening because at that time of year it could be 40 degrees. But it’s framed as a match simulation scrimmage instead of a game.”

Dirty Dom really loves this heel gimmick.. never seen anyone get a reaction like he does

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WWE star Dominik Mysterio mocks West Coast Eagle Harley Reid amid AFL fixture clash with Elimination Chamber

WWE superstar Dominik Mysterio has mocked the decision to schedule West Coast number one draft pick Harley Reid’s first appearance in the blue-and-gold at the same time as the Elimination Chamber event at Optus Stadium next year.

About 50,000 fans are expected to pack Optus Stadium on February 24 to watch the WWE’s first Premium Live Event in Australia since 2018. The WA government lured the entertainment giants to Perth and millions of fans will be watching on TV around the world. The blockbuster event will feature Australia’s Rhea Ripley who is the current WWE women’s champion along with a host of other massive names.

But when the AFL announced its pre-season fixtures this week, it included a match simulation clash between the Eagles and Dockers at Mineral Resources Park just one hour before the Elimination Chamber.

The AFL game will be broadcast on Kayo and attract enormous interest given it will be Reid’s first opportunity to compete in the number nine uniform.

Mysterio turned to his evil character when asked about the clashing of dates.

“Harley Reid? Who did he ever beat?” Mysterio asked.

“Not AJ Styles. I beat AJ Styles. He was number what pick? I didn’t even get picked because I was already there.

“It’s crazy. Can this kid even read? What’s his name? Harry Reid?

“At the same time as the Elimination Chamber? It’s not going to matter because if Mami’s (Ripley) on the show, nobody is going to be reading Harley Reid or watching this kid. I bet you he doesn’t even have a mullet like mine.”

West Coast General Manager of Football Gavin Bell said he understands some fans may be disappointed that the Eagles’ first hit-out against an opposition will clash with the WWE.

But he said the club had to give itself the best preparation for the season, including a seven-day break before playing Adelaide the following weekend.

“We want to bring our fans along on our journey but respect they may have a dual interest at the same time. We understand that,” Bell said.

“It was a decision in consultation with Fremantle over a couple of week period. It enables us to have a normal week, prepare our players as we would for a game, have a Captains Run and then get out there and play.

“We’re playing in the evening because at that time of year it could be 40 degrees. But it’s framed as a match simulation scrimmage instead of a game.”

Dirty Dom really loves this heel gimmick.. never seen anyone get a reaction like he does

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dirty Dom's done it this time :mad:

The West totally misrepresenting a story again. Their interviewer set that up completely, by saying that the AFL has scheduled a match at the same time as WWE and our No1 draft pick Harley Reid will be unveiled for the first time, then asked Mysterio what he thought about it. Mysterio was actually pretty reserved in his response. This was about 20 seconds of a 10-minute interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back