News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is entirely correct although I don’t exactly know what Cornes wrote because I haven’t read his article and aren’t ever planning on doing so

Club has apparently banned players and staff from reading The Worst

Great decision. ******* rag of a paper, seems to have gone to another level this year.

Also, “The Snitch” can GAGF

Not sure you can be banned from reading something you don't read anyway.*

*Nobody had to ban me from reading it, gave it up all by myself.

Great decision. ******* rag of a paper, seems to have gone to another level this year.

Sure, and my wife banned me from banging supermodels. We're all struggling to comply with the new rules.

It's the equivalent of trying to keep your kids off social media - it's tripe and it's only going to offend and/or upset you so don't waste your time.
True - I shouldn’t get sucked in but sometimes they post useful news so suckers like me still follow them.

I’ve stopped reading whatever the Damian Barretts or Kane Cornes’ of the world have to say at least.

Tbh I don’t really consume much footy content outside of WA stuff anymore

I read the article when getting my coffee (ironically), and it sounds like all that has happened is that the cafe in MRP has cancelled its West subscription and stopped putting papers out for customers.

Plenty to agree with here, but what happens if the Top 2 stays as is? Hard to argue against taking the big dance away from the G if Pies or Demons legitimately win the rights for it to be there by finishing up top.

If the Lions go on a run and finish top of the ladder and still face off against Pies or Demons at the G then I would expect the chatter to grow. Not that it'll change anything for another 35+ years at least.

Plenty to agree with here, but what happens if the Top 2 stays as is? Hard to argue against taking the big dance away from the G if Pies or Demons legitimately win the rights for it to be there by finishing up top.

If the Lions go on a run and finish top of the ladder and still face off against Pies or Demons at the G then I would expect the chatter to grow. Not that it'll change anything for another 35+ years at least.

Yeah the problem isn’t a Victorian team hosting the GF at the MCG if they’ve earned that right

It’s the years that a non-Victorian team finishes higher but still has to play the GF at the MCG because of a corrupt agreement that was done without consultation

Yeah the problem isn’t a Victorian team hosting the GF at the MCG if they’ve earned that right

It’s the years that a non-Victorian team finishes higher but still has to play the GF at the MCG because of a corrupt agreement that was done without consultation
And then you realise the AFL is on the entertainment business and its all about money. They are a profoundly conservative arganisation who cannot see outsode they tiny cultural bubble. Plus, they are not creative thinkers looking at the long term.

Last edited:

Lol - how did that guy miss us having to play at the G against Pies in 2018 when we bloody well beat them in rnd 1 in the qualifying final (the same scenario we copped against Hawthorn in 2015). This time we'd learnt our lessons and won. It's arguably one of the best GF wins given the shocking home ground disadvantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The West going hard, two ex players in one day. Don’t you want to space them out over the week, guys?

They've probably got a couple of ex-players lined up every day this week.
Probably the same guys someone wanted us to rotate through as free guest coaches for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back