MEGA THREAD***** Hawthorn vs Collingwood + umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hawthorn vs Collingwood + umpires

Dissapointing that after one of the best games of footy this year people are focussing on the umpiring.

What do you expect when hairy backed CarlSCUM suppoters are involved, shouldnt they be home platten each others back hair now their seasons over? Pity West Coast didnt win by 1 point

fair dinkum! pies have won in spite of an extremely poor umpiring display. \
Luke Hodge is getting towards the joel selwood ducking class. every time he had a mark/free kick he dropped the balled and tried to milk a 50.
the better team won.
bring on the Cats

You did win but you weren't the better team on the night

Words cannot describe the HORSE SHIT calls that were made by the umpires in the final minutes of the game, to hand Collingwood an UNDESERVED passage to the grand final.

Collingwood - you are lucky sons of bitches tonight.

Wonder if the same people bagging the umps here, are the same ones telling Blues supporters to get over it after last week.

Amazing how opinions change depending on the jumpers.

Fwiw : umps were good for 3/4, and then it all went to crap in the last. Perplexing!!
Difference being the walker decision was never a free :rolleyes:

Hodge ducked his head, so why should he get a free kick?

Puopulo took way too long to get rid of it in the dying stages of the game. Free kick.

The best team on the night won it, so suck it up.

Because we all saw the likes of Ball get paid free kicks for high for ducking their heads throughout the game and just presume that if it is paid to one player it will be paid to all, how very stupid of us. That's not to mention the head high free to Krakuer for diving full length into the Hawthorn players leg.

Hodge & Gibson both should have got frees in the last, that would have been a 12 point difference.

Some people need to understand the difference between ducking, and bending over to pick up the ball, because Hodge tried to pick up the ball and got hit in the head. Shocking non call.

You missed a few mate:

Maxwell HTB after play had stopped
Leigh Brown copping a hand in the face by Gibson in the goalsquare
50m to Dawes in the gaolsquare not paid
Dawes free in the back not paid on the wing
Several hnawthorn throws
others I can't be bothered explaining to you plebs

Play hadt stopped at all, there was no whistle for what should of been a free to Cyril. Maxwell stops and Cyril plays to the whistle... play hadnt stopped only Maxwell did.

Why cant people just enjoy a great game of footy everytime there is a close game people moan and complain about the umpires costing a team a game of Footy. I thought Haw where the best team on the night but they only have themselves to blame had there chances in front of goal and didnt take there chances then some bad turnovers in the Last QTR.

The people that are saying Hodge should have got a free, Well Coll supporters can say the ball shouldnt have been up there is the 1st place cause Burgoyne should have got pinned for a throw when he took the adv and didnt dispos of the ball, You could go through heaps of frees that werent or were paid Just enjoy the game.

That's not to mention the head high free to Krakuer for diving full length into the Hawthorn players leg.
This is right up there for me with the disappearance of incorrect disposal as one of the worst interpretations in AFL footy this year.

If "the head is sacrosanct" and there's a duty of care, blah blah <insert AFL drivel here>, why reward the idiots who intentionally slide into other guys' knees and feet at high speed with free kicks? Doesn't this encourage them to risk high contact and serious injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge & Gibson both should have got frees in the last, that would have been a 12 point difference.

Some people need to understand the difference between ducking, and bending over to pick up the ball, because Hodge tried to pick up the ball and got hit in the head. Shocking non call.

Is the reason this thread is 16 pages long in under two hours.

I hate Hawthorn and am thoroughly enjoying the fact the umpires robbed them tonight. :thumbsu:

What do you expect when hairy backed CarlSCUM suppoters are involved, shouldnt they be home platten each others back hair now their seasons over? Pity West Coast didnt win by 1 point

Maybe you need to go through and read all the posts, because there are supporters from every team - not just the Blues.

Enjoy the win Pies, because on this form, you just played your GF.

If everyone puts there hatred of Collingwood aside- the umpiring wasnt that bad apart from a few bad calls to each side. In the end umpires get about 87% of calls correct. If every player officiated with 87% offficieney then our game would be 10 times better.

Pies won lets all move on, great game played by the Hawks.

I think complete hatred for Collingwood coming out in everyone. I hate both teams equally, so I was able to watch it as a neutral.

Shepperd in the goal square for goals gets never paid. What's this people calling for a free? Gibson made high contact with the Collingwood player anyway.

The Poop decision has been paid here and there throughout the whole season anyway. It's not like it was a shock.

I thought Cloke should have got a free in front of goal when Gibson stood on his head, which was an unrealistic effort.

It looks like lot of people wanted Collingwood to fail, so they can get their Colliwobble threads going. I am one, who can spot bad umpiring miles away. Today's game was very well umpired.

Hawthorn just choked. Collingwood deserve their grand final place. They pulled this one out of no where. Well done to them.

If they win next week, they will be the most successful club in history, taking the title from the Bombers. (I know Carlton have the same amount of win as the Bombers, but Bombers have one more runner up placing putting them just on top currently.) Collingwood, with a win next week, will be right on top.

Watched the last quarter after seeing the complaints about the umpires...

Nothing wrong with them. Emotion of the game catching some people I think. Hodge not getting a free kick for too high was unlucky, that was the worst one, and I guess when you lose by less than a kick you could say that cost you the game.

More impressed by the football on display, was a brilliant, courageous game. I really wanted the Hawks to win, but geez Collingwood fought back hard and are absolutely deserving of a GF spot.

Well done to both teams, those are the game you love to see. :thumbsu:

I don't think Hodge really ducked his head. He was a bit lower than normal due to getting the ball from near the ground, and high contact is usually paid in those situations. In comparison, the frees to Krakouer and Pendlebury for ducking and initiating contact were shocking calls. I can't remember if they resulted in scores or not.

Hawthorn should have won and they definitely had their chances, although there were some pretty ordinary decisions late in the game.
A few that come to mind are the holding the man on gibson in the square, holding the ball against puopolo and the un paid deliberate against tarrant (how this was not given a free kick is beyond me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back