MEGA THREAD***** Hawthorn vs Collingwood + umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hawthorn vs Collingwood + umpires

Umpiring wasn't as bad as being made out here. A couple of poor decisions but in a tight game there are always a couple that the losing team could argue about.

Should have put Collingwood away in the 2nd and 3rd quarters

There were lots of mistakes ..... many players made bad mistakes. The umpires made bad mistakes. Get over it I reckon.

we don't hate the pies

we just want the games to be fair and well umpired

which tonight wasn't.

it isn't the first time either which is what is getting people so pissed off.

bad decisions went both ways, admit it.

Both sides had calls go against them, but the Puopolo one was the worst, in my view. I have absolutely no idea what the umpire thought had happened to justify a HTB.

There were lots of mistakes ..... many players made bad mistakes. The umpires made bad mistakes. Get over it I reckon.
...but then, you would say that, wouldn't you?

Dunno why the Pies fans are even bothering. Why not just use this to fuel your delusional beliefs that any complaints about umpiring in Pies games is a result of the massive global anti-Collingwood conspiracy, a conspiracy driven by the fact that Collingwood are just so amazing that others are jealous and hateful?

Re: Pies v Hawks holding the ball

Massive no hold decision in the goal square. High tackle on hodge. 50m penalty for nothing more than what collingwood "name" players had been doing in the first three quarters. But that's football. Carlton copped it last week and a percentage of our supporters have spent the last week going over those decisions (whinging). Hawks supporters please don't fall into the same trap.

Was a cracking game and there had to be a loser. Hawks will be better for it next year and will be top 4 again.

What I don't want to see out of this is for the Geish to come out mid-week and sprout some ludicrous reason why a certain decision was made. Just shut up Geish and don't make umpires bigger than they are. All your explanations do is create anger and confusion.

Hodge ducked his head, so why should he get a free kick?

Puopulo took way too long to get rid of it in the dying stages of the game. Free kick.

The best team on the night won it, so suck it up.

It is hard to even blame the umpires. AFL HQ change the rules every year, if they left the game alone for long enough so the officials could umpire games at a consistent level then we wouldn't have a problem. As it is, you have umpires who officiate on a part time basis, and are expected to adapt to new rule changes every 12 months.

No doubt the umpiring should've been better, not just tonight, but all season.

Anyway, as a Hawk supporter I can only hope a loss like this is used to motivate the group for 2012. Great game all the same.

None of this is coming from Hawks fans. Couldn't really give two ****s about either team that played tonight, umpiring was still terrible in the last quarter.

Everyone hates collingwood enough for all to still be bias.

Just look in the umpires forum, people complain about umpiring every single game. Everyone feels the umpires robbed them after a close game. And it's always absolute bias crap!

I think it says something about hawks fans though that it isn't them. Perhaps they are the ones seeing with clarity.

Both sides had calls go against them, but the Puopolo one was the worst, in my view. I have absolutely no idea what the umpire thought had happened to justify a HTB.
The thing about the Puopolo one was that in finals generally, and in this game, the umpires consistently umpired according to context. E.g. the Gibson shepherd, while I think it was a poor decision I can see why they didn't pay a free. But suddenly with Puopolo, they change - they wrongly interpret a highly technical rule when the hawks are in the midst of their last roll of the dice attack at the end of the game. Why? WHY?

Ruined a great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies Fans: Hawthorn were robbed in terms of Umpiring and their wastefulness simple as that.

Hawks fans: The game is over and there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

Re: Umpires decide a Prelim: It's time for Gieschen to go, once and for all

The umpires have just handed the undeserving Collingwood Football Club a Grand Final berth instead of a team that deserves to be contesting it: Hawthorn.

An absolute sham of a last quarter gifted the Pies the win when they were outplayed all night. It's time for Jeff Gieschen to be given the sack. 2011 has been the worst umpired year of all time, and enough is enough. When this man is deciding premierships because of his incompetence, it is the final straw.

Line in the sand time.

You are kidding arent you? Hawthorn deserving to be in the Gf instead of
Collingwood? I hate Collingwood as much as the next bloke but to say they dont deserve to be there is a load of shit. They have easily been the best side for 18 months. And top of the ladder all year.

Hawthorn choked in the last quarter its as simple as that. How many times did you see some rediculously quick handballs/throws by the hawks? there were shitloads of them. I dont see anyone whinging about that.
This just a Collingwood hate fest.Its good coz its usually about Carlton.

WTF was that when Maxwell was pinged for holding the ball....after he'd stopped for a whistle.

It's interesting that Pies fans can't be big enough to just admit that they got the best of a series of poor calls and were very lucky to win as a result.

It's not a big conspiracy. Your club is not so big and special that we are all inventing this. Look at the people posting here - Cats fans for example, who hate the Hawks more than anything. It happened. Accept it.

lol when pies got that play on against cats in round 8 taken back you cat fans said the same thing. Something about plenty of time for cats to kick a goal etc. Wheres the kudos to pies winningthe clearances and stoppages during crunch time?

IMG_2476.jpg

This is allowed in the last quarter apparently.....

Wonder if the Geish will come up with the same bullshit he did last week. Wasn't it something about palms facing backwards was ok. Can't remember, but do know that I was more confused after his stupid explanation, so I can only imagine what it will be this week?

Everyone hates collingwood enough for all to still be bias.

I think people are underestimating the extent to which a lot of fans hate Hawthorn. Geelong, North and Essendon fans in particular.

absolute joke, really, really, really bad. Hawthorn supporters actually have an excuse to whinge as much as carlton supporters have the last week.

Hawks were absolutely robbed.

.Pendlebury ducking his head and getting too high.
.Maxwell initiating contact with Lewis, Lewis winning that battle, umpire calls free, and says it is down ground BEFORE Davis kicked it, wtf?
.HTB against Puopolo was poor.
.Hodge too high, hmmm would need to see it again, at the time I thought it was too high, but haven't seen a replay yet. How I saw it, Hodge, didn't duck, he was just lower then Reid, It then becomes Reid's responsibility to not get Hodge high?
.The advantage Hawthorn get, out to Burgoyne, burgoyne gets caught, drops it - and it gets called play on? Umpire feeling sorry for Burgoyne because of stupid advantage rule.
.Leigh Brown CLEARLY HOLDING GIBSON to shephard through Leon's goal was just a disgusting non decision. A free every day of the week, no doubt about it.
.Tarrant non decision deliberate out of bounds. Wow. Makes you wonder. That has been deliberate ALLLL YEEARRR.

They really are gutless the umpires.

So frustrating that they let the game go SO MUCH in the last quarter, yet they pinged Puopolo. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back