Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
There's something to be sure for picks close together but golly there's also something to be said for not having to wait 590 picks between selections.
when doing dynasty setup drafts most people ive found like picking in the second half of the first round. I like in the middle, find it easier to plan coz the wait isnt as long.

Sicily seems a bit undisciplined sometimes so I'll grab King Jake Lever to yell and point at him a little bit.
Cheers Dory_77

There is a good advantage being one from the turn, as Les outlined earlier, you can see the guys lineup behind you and make an educated guess as who they will pick next and draft accordingly. Hard to do that for when you've got multiple teams in between your next pick. I dont do this enough myself, usually caught up in my own world and just pick who I like, but sharp guys choose the one off the turn spots in drafts for that reason.

We're still not at the halfway point :sweatsmile: There's gonna be some genuinely suss picks later in the draft
Christ, in my head before this started I was gonna be getting Burgoyne and Sam Mitchell in the 8th round lol already feels like some average blokes are getting a run

Getting harder to choose what to fill out, and maybe early for a ruck, but gonna grab Brad Ottens as he was a genuinely handy forward as well as being a solid ruck.

Crimson Azure

There is a good advantage being one from the turn, as Les outlined earlier, you can see the guys lineup behind you and make an educated guess as who they will pick next and draft accordingly. Hard to do that for when you've got multiple teams in between your next pick. I dont do this enough myself, usually caught up in my own world and just pick who I like, but sharp guys choose the one off the turn spots in drafts for that reason.
I'm usually a better trader than drafter (probably from years of playing SuperCoach primarily). Had the 10th pick (last) in my NBA Fantasy comp this year, and by the end of the season had LeBron, Durant, Booker, Haliburton and Trae Young (all of which went in the first 13 picks or so originally, haha).

Getting harder to choose what to fill out, and maybe early for a ruck, but gonna grab Brad Ottens as he was a genuinely handy forward as well as being a solid ruck.

Crimson Azure
Yeah that's a good pick

We're still not at the halfway point :sweatsmile: There's gonna be some genuinely suss picks later in the draft
Plenty of good player who were never AA's, AA is pretty much a joke as we know. Jamming mids out of position anywhere they can.

The Dees greatest back up ruckman since spencil, Brodie Grundy.

It was either him or SME.

Yeah I was rolling the dice early tryna guess where people were going but I failed miserably.
Didn't get who I was after and didn't have a backup plan either.

Not too big a deal because there are mostly good players at the top end but my spine is weak as piss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I was rolling the dice early tryna guess where people were going but I failed miserably.
Didn't get who I was after and didn't have a backup plan either.

Not too big a deal because there are mostly good players at the top end but my spine is weak as piss.
Me too. Going to end up playing Jake Bowey as my CHB at this rate.

Travis boak will do thanks

He'll get you in the air, he'll get you on the ground, he'll sing at your mum's wedding (true story) and he'll look like a caricature of 90s culture.

Give me the highest non-KPF goal kicker (third highest overall) left on the board, Russell Robertson.

Bluelegs have a crack

My forwardline is looking a bit sparse so I'll take Scott Lucas please

Dancing Potato

He'll get you in the air, he'll get you on the ground, he'll sing at your mum's wedding (true story) and he'll look like a caricature of 90s culture.

Give me the highest non-KPF goal kicker (third highest overall) left on the board, Russell Robertson.

Bluelegs have a crack

Great get.

Nice - that was one of the two players left on the board who kicked more career goals than Robbo.
Played in the era surrounded by some of the greatest forwards ever so a bit forgotten but he was a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back