News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question? Do you guys think he held onto the veterans on your list too long ? I do remember you guys had 3-4-5 blokes over 30 running around at the same time , of course we decided to go down the track of removing anyone over 25

Yes possibly. He was very loyal to his players, to the extent of not wanting to trade anyone out. I think they held onto the veterans to the last gasp because they thought they could squeeze a premiership out of them. Towards the end though they all started to fall out of the team at times with injuries or fading form.

I am loving Craigy's approach.. if he wants to coach i say let him.

We also need someone to come in and learn underhim to be a replacement, Sydney have gone so well under horse thanks to the prearranged replacment. I say we get Ratten in a midfleid coach for just that.

I am loving Craigy's approach.. if he wants to coach i say let him.

We also need someone to come in and learn underhim to be a replacement, Sydney have gone so well under horse thanks to the prearranged replacment. I say we get Ratten in a midfleid coach for just that.

If this was to happen, bring back James McDonald

The amount of support and optimism coming out of the players under Craig is extraordinary. Not sure whether its more of an indictment on Neeld, or a massive massive tick for Craig. Somewhere between both?

I enjoyed the post-game presser yesterday. Neeld would always try to spin shit performances into positives, whereas Craig accepts nothing less than a win (and was still not all that pleased after the Bulldogs victory).

Craig accepts nothing less than a win (and was still not all that pleased after the Bulldogs victory).

Agreed, its evident on his facial expression how much hes not bullsh*ting how cut up he is about certain points of the game, it seems to be replaying in his head as he speaks. I posted a thread on the crows board about what they think about Craig and his abilities if he was granted the senior gig. General consensus is that he will turn us into a much more proffessional and fitter outfit because his demands are of an incredibly high standard, which can only be good for us right now, but has a tendency to go overboard with workload when things aren't going right and exhaust the squad.

The amount of support and optimism coming out of the players under Craig is extraordinary. Not sure whether its more of an indictment on Neeld, or a massive massive tick for Craig. Somewhere between both?

I enjoyed the post-game presser yesterday. Neeld would always try to spin shit performances into positives, whereas Craig accepts nothing less than a win (and was still not all that pleased after the Bulldogs victory).

I loved how when he was asked about the ruck , he said the Midfield wasnt good enough he didn't isolate one person it was a team thing
Then we asked if he was happy he read off the stats and said we weren't good enough and he repeated them

No more 10 goal loss but we were competitive , now it's this is why we lost and we have to improve this to win , because that is what we are trying to do each an every game

Dangerfield said his relationship with Craig was one of the reasons he wanted to stay at the Crows.
Talking with supporters on your board and seeing posts around BF the supporters don't share the same feelings. I'm trying to work out if it is just a big footy/supporters thing from what 'journo's' tell us or whether there is substance to Craig having major flaws.

Agreed, its evident on his facial expression how much hes not bullsh*ting how cut up he is about certain points of the game, it seems to be replaying in his head as he speaks. I posted a thread on the crows board about what they think about Craig and his abilities if he was granted the senior gig. General consensus is that he will turn us into a much more proffessional and fitter outfit because his demands are of an incredibly high standard, which can only be good for us right now, but has a tendency to go overboard with workload when things aren't going right and exhaust the squad.
Damn, imagine where we could have been by now if we had Craig all along.

Surely any incoming coach would want to keep Craig there. Craig is certainly moving up my list of preferences.

Yeah, I'd absolutely want Craig to have a major role in our coaching department well into the future, whatever happens at the end of this season.

Just imagine, if we could have Williams as head coach, Craig as director, Ratten as midfield coach and Ayres as defensive coach...
Kpl3nSh.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Clarskon would be perfect for Melbourne. IMO it would be more possible if we win the flag this year.

- he will feel he's achieved at Hawthorn

- a new challenge at Melbourne that he is capable of achieving

- has history with MFC

As I said he would be perfect for the Dees and is exactly what your club needs.

I don't want to lose Clarko. But what you say may be how it pans out if we get the flag.

I watched him develope our youngsters over the years , some said, that's all he can do , get them to a standard and that's it. But no, he won a flag.
He perserveres with kids, shows them the hard way . He would probably be perfect for the Dees,
he is tough. Roos would bring the same thing , he takes no prisoners when it come to having discipline
in his teams.
I think though, you might have the bloke you want now. Neil Craig is a fine coach.

If we keep improving the way we have the first three weeks under Craig I personally think the position is his.. We don't want to go towards an overly defensive game plan (like Neeld did) as it removes the danger of our biggest weapon, our forward line.. that is why I am a bit nervous about getting Roos, our team is dangerous and we also have a great backline so once we can improve our midfield depth we will quickly improve

If we had a decent midfield I have no doubt we would be in an around where carlton north Richmond an co are

Think that's underestimating a bit mate. With that calibre of midfield, I reckon we'd be travelling a fair way better. I'd confidently rate the forwards and the backs we've got above the most optimal forward line and backline any of those three clubs can produce at this point. Especially after Hogan comes in next year.

Think that's underestimating a bit mate. With that calibre of midfield, I reckon we'd be travelling a fair way better. I'd confidently rate the forwards and the backs we've got above the most optimal forward line and backline any of those three clubs can produce at this point. Especially after Hogan comes in next year.

I can't disagree with you , we maybe don't have the quality of kickers off the hbf that the good sides have but you are right ,
If say behind geelong Sydney an maybe one more we have the best key backs
And the potential in 2 years to have the best forward line

I think we might be getting back to that pie-eyed optimism when we got Trengoce/Scully and the 2013 flag was in the bag...

I'd love to believe it guys, but I think it's far too early from where we sit now. We have a hell of a lot of work to do to leapfrog North, Richmond and even Carlton. I'm keeping a firm lid on it.

I think we might be getting back to that pie-eyed optimism when we got Trengoce/Scully and the 2013 flag was in the bag...

I'd love to believe it guys, but I think it's far too early from where we sit now. We have a hell of a lot of work to do to leapfrog North, Richmond and even Carlton. I'm keeping a firm lid on it.

Of course it is but if you offered carlton to swap forward lines they would do it in a heartbeat , same as Richmond with there key backs

I would love Roos to take us on as Senior Coach and if he doesn't Craig would be the next best thing I believe.
On leapfrogging other sides I think if we can land a big midfielder as well as draft well there is no reason why we cant overtake middle of the park sides next year.
Pending injuries Our forward and backlines will be far to strong for pposition sides that currently sit just outside the 8.
Midfielders is our key to climb up the ladder.

Yeah, sure, if we had a great midfield we would be top 8. The thing is, we've tried and failed to build a midfield for about 7 years now so it's really not so easy. Credit to teams like Richmond for building balanced squads.

I wonder how Eade would go with our list, he was able to build a very good offensive midfield group at the bulldogs, but just never had the forward line to take them all the way. If he could build a good midfield around our glut of tall backs and forwards he might just have the recipe for success.

I wonder how Eade would go with our list, he was able to build a very good offensive midfield group at the bulldogs, but just never had the forward line to take them all the way. If he could build a good midfield around our glut of tall backs and forwards he might just have the recipe for success.

Rather have Craig if we're looking at Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back