Vic Melbourne's Sudanese gangs

Remove this Banner Ad

Even the Vietnamese hate them. Obviously the Vietnamese have internalised white supremacy, only explanation for it.

The Vietnamese USED to be them. Everyone used to shout out about Vietnamese gangs. Now some new ethnic group has started in. Not to say there aren't problems, but what is the solution? Collective punishment for those of that ethnicity who don't cause problems as well?

The Vietnamese USED to be them. Everyone used to shout out about Vietnamese gangs. Now some new ethnic group has started in. Not to say there aren't problems, but what is the solution? Collective punishment for those of that ethnicity who don't cause problems as well?
Why does there need to be a solution stated, why can't people just express their exasperation at the problem?

Multiculturalism doesn’t work.

The Vietnamese never did this sort of stuff that the Sudanese are engaging in. Everyone who is claiming they are the same is engaged in a nice litte rewriting of history.

Why does there need to be a solution stated, why can't people just express their exasperation at the problem?
That's all the right ever do though

Whinge whinge whinge, blame the left

A solution would be something in the middle though

Personally feel these kids have horrendous role models, too much freedom and not enough life education/integration education which leads on to this sort of behaviour in large groups. Their parents aren't doing much parenting for one it seems also, letting their teens run amok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally feel these kids have horrendous role models, too much freedom and not enough life education/integration education which leads on to this sort of behaviour in large groups. Their parents aren't doing much parenting for one it seems also, letting their teens run amok.
The parents are dumber then the kids

The parents are dumber then the kids
Maybe and could be a reason why a number are allowed to run amok

Still though, a solution needs to happen otherwise Melbourne's Cronulla could happen, as hinted at above.

Disagree, a number of ethnic communities have positively contributed to our country over the generations

Disagree, a number of ethnic communities have positively contributed to our country over the generations
What you are talking about is a monoculture that has absorbed and assimilated other cultures, not true multiculturalism. Any grievances between cultures until now has been mediated through the dominant Australian culture. This is less likely going forward with the immigration rate being high and less discriminatory. True multiculturalism will be extremely messy and often violent - it always is.

I agree somewhat here, immigration department isn't doing enough in regards to integration, but it's a Federal issue here yet the State cops it ad nauseam
Because state government is responsible for the handling of criminal behaviour that they are engaged in. If their response was seen as adequate by all cross sections then there would be less of an issue or complaint about how they were handling it. It is measures like the sentencing and police handling which has seen the issues blow up.

Let's see then
Because state government is responsible for the handling of criminal behaviour that they are engaged in. If their response was seen as adequate by all cross sections then there would be less of an issue or complaint about how they were handling it.
Lol, no there wouldn't, the right would still bitch and moan every time it happens as it suits their narrative. That's why others say please give a solution then, but the right just play tit for tat and say recognise you have a gang problem, then blame the usual suspects (Labor/Greens). Only extreme solutions are offered by the right, like deportation, vigilante justice etc.

When one side just talks about it ad nauseam as their main part of their election campaign, then what else do they have to offer for the community? Seems a flawed view of life to me to constantly look over your shoulder.

I'd have thought Andrews coming out over the last few weeks putting more police out there to trouble spots (beaches, bayside suburbs etc) would be a good thing? Port Phillip council announcing an alcohol ban etc? You'd think that's all preventative measures here.
It is measures like the sentencing and police handling which has seen the issues blow up.
Sentencing and parole has been an inconsistent issue for all crimes over the years, under both sides of parliamentary control

Look at the outcry over that bus driver who copped over 5 years for making a stupid mistake (he does deserve time, but was the judge right to completely throw the book at him? Who knows), yet you see people commit manslaughter like one punch killers, hit and run types high on ice etc get similar sentences in that 5-8 year block. It would be nice to see consistency here and keeping people who are unfit for the community locked up for longer, but the previous Coalition government did nothing here either.

Can't really comment on policing, but I'd imagine more police getting employed and a larger police presence at popular areas where problems could occur is a good thing.

Seeing as myself and I'm presuming yourself are both far too underqualified and ill-informed on social sciences, offering any kind of solution is just pure tokenism. I will freely admit that don't know what the solution is and I acknowledge that I have a very grainy idea on the root of the problem, so no, I'm not going to debate what's really wrong within a community that I have no idea about. But this doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

This sort of recidivist, youth offending is something I've never seen before in my life. Sure, there's always been gangs of kids committing petty and/or violent crime but the difference here is that the offenders have absolutely no qualms about getting caught to the point where they're committing crimes on random strangers in broad daylight in front of dozens of witnesses. There's no method or reason for the crime; this isn't revenge nor is it financially motivated. It looks outwardly to be pure entertainment. There's a total breakdown in our youth justice system. There's no more fear of being caught and clearly rehabilitation prospects haven't improved the least.

Seeing as myself and I'm presuming yourself are both far too underqualified and ill-informed on social sciences, offering any kind of solution is just pure tokenism. I will freely admit that don't know what the solution is and I acknowledge that I have a very grainy idea on the root of the problem, so no, I'm not going to debate what's really wrong within a community that I have no idea about. But this doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

This sort of recidivist, youth offending is something I've never seen before in my life. Sure, there's always been gangs of kids committing petty and/or violent crime but the difference here is that the offenders have absolutely no qualms about getting caught to the point where they're committing crimes on random strangers in broad daylight in front of dozens of witnesses. There's no method or reason for the crime; this isn't revenge nor is it financially motivated. It looks outwardly to be pure entertainment. There's a total breakdown in our youth justice system. There's no more fear of being caught and clearly rehabilitation prospects haven't improved the least.
Fair enough

I feel it's a mix of peer pressure and tribalism that sees them make these silly decisions. Adding to that poor/pathetic role models surrounding them leading these groups that only know one way.

Still feel a solution/intervention would be best for them to integrate and positively contribute to the community.

Yeah it does. The criminal element exists in all peoples, at all stages of history, past present and future. We will never be rid of criminality. To throw one's hands up and blame it on 'multiculturalism' is not looking at it in the right or correct manner, that is to see it as a common 'human' problem of law/order vs criminality.

Yes, people beating on other, innocent people are scum and should be dealt with through the courts. This would be the same if the perps were mixed race as well, or another ethnicity entirely.

Because state government is responsible for the handling of criminal behaviour that they are engaged in. If their response was seen as adequate by all cross sections then there would be less of an issue or complaint about how they were handling it. It is measures like the sentencing and police handling which has seen the issues blow up.

See, this is reasonable. There does need to be a sterner response from the police and the courts state by state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Melbourne's Sudanese gangs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back