Vic Melbourne's Sudanese gangs

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy:

Forcefully recruited as a child soldier, escaped, made his way to
Natural born killers in Australia. Great to hear this guy is doing well.
Did it? How? (I'm not from Sydney and have never lived thereso you'll have to enlighten me a wee bit.)
Fear grew amongst the lebs and the every day Australians. Big lebs I know we’re generally scared for awhile in those times. These guys were tough dudes aswell.

Massive underlining racism in Australia. Just like all over the world in all races.

Natural born killers in Australia. Great to hear this guy is doing well.

Fear grew amongst the lebs and the every day Australians. Big lebs I know we’re generally scared for awhile in those times. These guys were tough dudes aswell.

Massive underlining racism in Australia. Just like all over the world in all races.
No that is not true
Because some guys walk around with their hand down their crutch
doesn’t mean we all do

Some guys beat up on women - doesn’t mean it’s a widespread problem

Sometimes even the people who sound racist maybe only reflexively temporarily angry.

Making a broad statement like that is just BS to make yourself feel good - it’s lazy BS

The Vietnamese USED to be them. Everyone used to shout out about Vietnamese gangs. Now some new ethnic group has started in. Not to say there aren't problems, but what is the solution? Collective punishment for those of that ethnicity who don't cause problems as well?

Pretty certain we are a similar age and it's not how I remember it. Vietnamese were stigmatised as people ready to pull a blade if necessary and the people you went to if you wanted drugs. They didn't roam around town belting people for the hell of it and definitely were not over represented in 'entertainment' crime the way these Sudanese are. I think the ultimate solution is that the Federal Government needs to consider the removal of Sudan from the annual refugee intake and look to other parts of the world (if that is possible). There are many Karan people close to my area (persecuted in Burma) and they have settled in quite well in a very white area. I am sure there are many more minority groups in South East Asia facing similar problems. In the meantime, the State Government is losing the trust of the people and unfortunately, that means the more volatile types will fight fire with fire.

That article's about two immigrant groups in particular. Yes, the Roma have brought a lot of their 'segregation-within-their-own-community' problems to the U.K, and it causes no end of headaches to local councils

...Many authorities have tried to employ Roma to explain everything from the vagaries of the local recycling system to the importance of childhood inoculations, but it has proved difficult, said (Colin) Havard. “We have an example of a school where they had to have the right Roma person. They had a Roma person who was from the wrong village and none of the kids were listening. They then had a different Roma person who was from the right village and, all of a sudden, the kids are starting to listen to what he is saying, because he has the status in their community,” he told MPs last week...

I mean, stuff like that does make things difficult. But what about all the other clutures who DO co-exist, both in the U.K and here in Australia? Does the fact of their co-existence mean that they should stop with that nonsense at once?

Surely not?

Pretty certain we are a similar age and it's not how I remember it. Vietnamese were stigmatised as people ready to pull a blade if necessary and the people you went to if you wanted drugs. They didn't roam around town belting people for the hell of it and definitely were not over represented in 'entertainment' crime the way these Sudanese are. I think the ultimate solution is that the Federal Government needs to consider the removal of Sudan from the annual refugee intake and look to other parts of the world (if that is possible). There are many Karan people close to my area (persecuted in Burma) and they have settled in quite well in a very white area. I am sure there are many more minority groups in South East Asia facing similar problems. In the meantime, the State Government is losing the trust of the people and unfortunately, that means the more volatile types will fight fire with fire.

I realise they and what these Sudanese kids are getting up to are not the same in scope, and 'entertainment crime' seems as good a way to put it as any I suppose, but my intent was to put that the Vietnamese were once all first-generation immigrants too, many of whom turned to crime. They were stigmatised for that and vilified and it took them a while to fit in.

A thing to take heart from is you never hear of many Sudanese adults involved in this - they're likely too busy working hard while the youth are free to wag school and develop their skills on the street as miscreants and petty thugs.

If it's a youth problem then that at least narrows down the possible solutions.

I mean, stuff like that does make things difficult. But what about all the other clutures who DO co-exist, both in the U.K and here in Australia? Does the fact of their co-existence mean that they should stop with that nonsense at once?
Necons prefer to ignore that.

Multiculturalism is a way of life now. 99% of people are good people and just want whats good for their family. In life it's always a minority that make something difficult and multiculturalism is no different in this respect which is ultimately what bought about this thread.

We are a migratory species and with further globalisation - another fact of life - people will only migrate more, integrate into other cultures, bring fresh ideas into that culture, marry people from different cultures and so on thus bringing cultures closer together and that cycle will continue with the generation after.

The world is in a - relatively - peaceful state* and living standards have never been higher so something must be going right over the last 50 years or so. Globalisation and multiculturalism (which are somewhat intertwined but not entirely) are two of the most dominant factors of life in the last half century. That's not to say they aren't without their issues but rarely is anything completely plain sailing, and never are they with things of such complexity. You take the good and you work to mitigate (and hopefully eliminate) the bad.

*this is not to be confused with the statement the world is in a peaceful state.

Surely not?
Which cultures coexist in the UK and Australia? If they coexist, why?

You are from Ireland, right - 500 years of sectarian violence have taught you nothing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredibly they are the first to makie the same comment when someone uses the term SJW or calls them left leaning loons or similar.
It’s always indicative of someone who hasn’t no idea what the term means, but knows it’s bad and they don’t like it.

Liberal internationalists have an an ideology that hews very close to neoconservatism, they just espouse different methods.

Which cultures coexist in the UK and Australia? If they coexist, why?

You are from Ireland, right - 500 years of sectarian violence have taught you nothing?

We'd be fine if British Crown forces left Northern Ireland. Just the soldiers and the sovereign they represent whilst deployed. Honest. There's absolutely nothing about the 'troubles' that was truly religious as in 'You're Protestant and I'm Catholic so I automaticaly hate you!'

It was mostly about the occupation by a foreign Crown we did not want to bow to.

As for your earlier question, respect for law and order is key. Many religions and many ethnicities live here. Asians from various countries and Muslims and Jews and Europeans and Indians and Pakistanis and others I can't think of right now all live here. Mostly in peace.

Yes, there is a criminal underbelly common to ALL cultures, some organised and some comepletely random like the 'entertainment crime' we see these African youth gangs engaging in. It's a law and order issue, but it seems to be localised to the offspring of immigrants, rarely the adult immigrants themselves from what I can see.

Why does Daniel Andrews still refuse to acknowledge there's a problem with Melbourne's African community, in particular its young males?

By refusing to admit the problem - and therefore act on it - he's doing no one any favours. He's not doing the Melbourne community any favours, as the innocent public will continue to be terrorised on beaches, festivals, public spaces etc. He's not doing small business owners any favours as their stores will continue to be ransacked by African thugs, with police doing little to protect them. And, perhaps most importantly, he's not doing the African community any favours as these young men will continue to live a life of crime until it eventually catches up with them and they'll end up dead or in jail.

Andrews is proving to be a weak leader, and I'm gobsmacked that so many Victorians voted for him. Are the Left not mature enough to have an open conversation about African gangs in Melbourne?

Why does Daniel Andrews still refuse to acknowledge there's a problem with Melbourne's African community, in particular its young males?

By refusing to admit the problem - and therefore act on it - he's doing no one any favours. He's not doing the Melbourne community any favours, as the innocent public will continue to be terrorised on beaches, festivals, public spaces etc. He's not doing small business owners any favours as their stores will continue to be ransacked by African thugs, with police doing little to protect them. And, perhaps most importantly, he's not doing the African community any favours as these young men will continue to live a life of crime until it eventually catches up with them and they'll end up dead or in jail.

Andrews is proving to be a weak leader, and I'm gobsmacked that so many Victorians voted for him. Are the Left not mature enough to have an open conversation about African gangs in Melbourne?
Are the right not mature enough not to dog whistle for political gain ?

and how their " tough on Sudanese crime" message was their main policy and it was rejected
Yeah, and how's that working out for Victorians now? A man glassed on the beach, phones, wallets, handbags stolen while people were swimming, fighting random members of the public etc... and that's just in the last few days. Again, ignoring the problem of African gangs does no one any favours.

Were you aware our jails and remand centres are full to bursting?

Yeah, and how's that working out for Victorians now? A man glassed on the beach, phones, wallets, handbags stolen while people were swimming, fighting random members of the public etc... and that's just in the last few days. Again, ignoring the problem of African gangs does no one any favours.

Are you saying this would not have happened had we voted liberal? How quaint, the power in your vote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Melbourne's Sudanese gangs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back