Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
http://membership.gwsgiants.com.au/

Good to see we've already got 10% of the 2012 total as renewals flow in. As we saw with GC this year, there's every chance that memberships would drop in the 2nd year, but there's really no reason not to renew. I think the benchmark for 2013 will be to hit 10k again and then look to grow as the team ascends the ladder in coming years.

I've actually downgraded this year from silver-premium to Members Reserve for next year to allow the others I go to games with to upgrade from 3-game passes.

Just noticed that the Suns membership dropped by 20% this year compared to there first. I think what will limit us dropping in members in 2013 will be we are able to still bring in a few experienced players as we can still recruit uncontracted players and get a few high draft picks which they were not able to do in there 2nd year. But could see us drop in numbers in 2014 of course that depends how season 2013 goes.

I've actually downgraded this year from silver-premium to Members Reserve for next year to allow the others I go to games with to upgrade from 3-game passes.

That's what we're doing. Wasn't too happy with our silver premium seats so sat in the members reserve for the port and Norf games. Really good atmosphere over there (and you're closer to the bar) so that's where we're headed next year.

That's what we're doing. Wasn't too happy with our silver premium seats so sat in the members reserve for the port and Norf games. Really good atmosphere over there (and you're closer to the bar) so that's where we're headed next year.

With the wind at the start of the North game I forewent my usual seat and set up in the bar for the entire game. Comfort, handy beers, loved it. :D

Renewed my ACT Platinum, didn't get a chance to travel to Skoda this season so hopefully I'll be able to shuffle up if they organise a bus or something again.

Very early to start with all this, but I don't see why the Giants' figures should dip next year..
Having said that though, should the Swans win the flag, it would be a good for the sport throughout Sydney but perhaps some Giants might decide to go with them..

I'll renew... but in September? Talk about eager beavers.

Got entered into a couple of comps for renewing early (signed jumper, GF tickets), which I was going to do anyway. :)

I signed back up for the members reserve when the number was about 375, can't wait for next season
and it was a great idea of the club to offer 2 free tickets to members for the last game... I brought a couple of mates from work and one has already said he will be joining up next year and the second is close to committing as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Numbers have doubled in the last 10 days to 2,701.

Chris Mintern says about 15% are new members which is quite a good number especially at this early stage.

Alright, so the Swannies won the AFL GF!

I am hoping that further encourages the growth of AFL in NSW, however that would be more than likely to increase Sysney's membership count than the Giants, but still it should be a boon for all sydney based footy clubs!

Alright, so the Swannies won the AFL GF!

I am hoping that further encourages the growth of AFL in NSW, however that would be more than likely to increase Sysney's membership count than the Giants, but still it should be a boon for all sydney based footy clubs!
This may not be great for GWS support short term, but when we start to become competitive our "rivalry" with the Swans will start to feel more genuine as the Swans can now be legitimatly seen as a successful club and GWS need to live up to their standard. Bodes well for footy in the harbour city longer term, IMO.

This may not be great for GWS support short term, but when we start to become competitive our "rivalry" with the Swans will start to feel more genuine as the Swans can now be legitimatly seen as a successful club and GWS need to live up to their standard. Bodes well for footy in the harbour city longer term, IMO.

Yeah it may not immediately help out the Giants, but who can say?
It definately bodes well for footy all over NSW, but at the same time it makes it hard for any Giants fan to have anything but respect for our rivals..

Waiting to see the fixture, but assuming the Canberra games don't all fall during a tentative holiday, will re-sign for sure. Had a great time at all 3 manuka games (and the round 1 derby).

Does anyone know when the fixture is likely to be released?

Waiting to see the fixture, but assuming the Canberra games don't all fall during a tentative holiday, will re-sign for sure. Had a great time at all 3 manuka games (and the round 1 derby).

Does anyone know when the fixture is likely to be released?
AFL.com.au just says "late October" without giving an exact date.

My son & I are not renewing at all. We got very actively involved early on, hoping to be able to participate in the club's stated policy of social inclusion which would have truly opened up every element of the western suburbs and made our great indigenous game truly all encompassing.

Instead, those elements of the unpaid elements of the club structure with whom we were working revealed themselves as being far more interested in being isolated, exclusive & far more focused on playing petty politics, so, incredibly disappointed, we drifted away again (and not alone).

I'm now active once more within various Geelong supporters' groups, and they are as open, inclusive and encouraging as so many of those of GWS were not.

My son & I are not renewing at all. We got very actively involved early on, hoping to be able to participate in the club's stated policy of social inclusion which would have truly opened up every element of the western suburbs and made our great indigenous game truly all encompassing.

Instead, those elements of the unpaid elements of the club structure with whom we were working revealed themselves as being far more interested in being isolated, exclusive & far more focused on playing petty politics, so, incredibly disappointed, we drifted away again (and not alone).

I'm now active once more within various Geelong supporters' groups, and they are as open, inclusive and encouraging as so many of those of GWS were not.
Well there's a kick in the pants. :(

i am waiting to see how the list managment goes before i resign, i am still dissapointed on how chocco left & the way the giles sagga is playing out. the young blokes were great but got get more experience in. i am hoping for closer & more competitive results.

My boys and I will be back. Their memberships will be stocking fillers for Santa.
Sorry to read oozeboss's comments after he was so full of enthusiasm early on. A shame
5 wins is the target for 2013 but more importantly less floggings. A big boost in percentage (re more competative)will benefit support greatly

i am waiting to see how the list managment goes before i resign, i am still dissapointed on how chocco left & the way the giles sagga is playing out. the young blokes were great but got get more experience in. i am hoping for closer & more competitive results.

I was sorry to see Choc go as well but I still beleive his ego was the major contributor there. Look out Hardwick the sharks are already circling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2013 Final Figure - 12,705

Remove this Banner Ad

Back