Mod. Notice Membership numbers for tickets- all posters please read the first post

Do you like Ticketmaster?

• Please wait in the queue for option one

• Please wait in the queue for option two

• Please wait in the queue for option three

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I got a bloody ticket!
Through a Collingwood friend and now I have a standing room ticket :)

Obviously super stoked to be going, but would love to be with some other Eagles friends/fans. Does anyone know how easy it is to move between the two standing areas of different supporter base?
Each standing area is mixed. There will be eagles fans in your section. My tip is get in when gates open. Boring few hours but worth it. Make friends with the other die hards who go in first also and are next to you. Need them to save your spot when U go for drinks food toilet.

Hi All. Does anyone know about ID checking for an AFL Members tomorrow ?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

As full AFL members I've never been ID checked or anyone in my family... so you'd be stiff to be picked out.
My brother once was asked to show his Membership Card at the Rich/GWS prelim last year and he's a Tigers AFL member wearing a Tigers scarf (I had all the cards on me and was already in... he simply pointed at me and said my brothers got the cards and was just let in).
I hear the guys doing random checks are wearing orange and usually hangout to the sides of the gate 7.
Hopefully you have the membership card as well as I believe they only ask for ID if you can't present the card.
I'd also enter the stadium as a neautral and keep an eagles merch under a jacket or in a bag as ther'e's only about 250 full AFL West Coast Members so too may Eagles going through the AFL members might be sus.

Good luck tomorrow.

As full AFL members I've never been ID checked or anyone in my family... so you'd be stiff to be picked out.
My brother once was asked to show his Membership Card at the Rich/GWS prelim last year and he's a Tigers AFL member wearing a Tigers scarf (I had all the cards on me and was already in... he simply pointed at me and said my brothers got the cards and was just let in).
I hear the guys doing random checks are wearing orange and usually hangout to the sides of the gate 7.
Hopefully you have the membership card as well as I believe they only ask for ID if you can't present the card.
I'd also enter the stadium as a neautral and keep an eagles merch under a jacket or in a bag as ther'e's only about 250 full AFL West Coast Members so too may Eagles going through the AFL members might be sus.

Good luck tomorrow.
Thanks a mil Spider Eater! Good tip on keeping the Eagles gear under the jacket!
I'm so bloody excited about going to my first GF! Always wanted it to be one with the Eagles playing.

Sure did (after much drama at the gate) - ticket came up cancelled when scanned! Managed to work it out and entered the G as the anthem played. Worth the drama!!

Did someone do a shifty on you or was the ticket alright in the end?
No-one sitting in your seat?

The light-towers are still decent viewing. ;)

Huge shoutout to whatis for coming through with tickets.

After being desperately unlucky in the ballot I ended up being able to track down one ticket from a friend. Given that I was travelling with my cousin, who was himself unsuccessful in the ballot, one ticket wasn't going to cut it.

After connecting with him courtesy of this thread, whatis offered to exchange his tickets for my ticket so that we could make it to the game. He made no profit from this and for his troubles had to go through the ordeal of finding me in the GF parade crowd to make the exchange. He did this despite actually knowing people who were looking for tickets, because he recognised that we needed to be there and they simply wanted to witness the theatre of it all.

Totally transparent and entirely helpful.

When I embraced Phil Matera after the game, I hugged him for both of us. Onya mate.

IMG_20180929_115419.jpg IMG_20180929_115413.jpg
I had standing room in the 2009 GF.
Was a horrible experience.
Couldn't see any scoreboard and only had a little TV bolted to the concrete that never showed scores or stats (really confusing in that grand final when one team is 6 and alot of points and the another is 8 an accurate).
The tickets were dedicated to a particular bay.
Sometimes at the G standing is alright when you have space but being packed in that area that day was the worst football viewing experience I have ever had.
Almost 10 years' on maybe it's improved... also might be better in the newer (Northern Stand)... Southern Stand was were I was that day.
Can someone with a reserved seat go in the standing area to have a quick browse?
You should be okay to have a look... I can't remember if I had to show the tickets to anyone.

This is the standing room photos taken in the 2018 Grand Final in case they are useful for your future consideration. Also some notes as follows:
1. The standing room is actually the walk way behind the reserved seats at the lowest level.
2. Photo taken at around 11:00am and not many people there yet. (have no idea when it is fully filled)
3. It is a common area (walkway) and hence anybody can get in without second check of ticket.
4. I share similar feeling to Spider Eater‘s comment on his viewing experience though i did not watch the game there. However, if you have a front standing position, it should be acceptable when you have no other choice.

Hope this information help the WCE fans to make the right choice in our potential 2019 B2B GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 578645 View attachment 578646

This is the standing room photos taken in the 2018 Grand Final in case they are useful for your future consideration. Also some notes as follows:
1. The standing room is actually the walk way behind the reserved seats at the lowest level.
2. Photo taken at around 11:00am and not many people there yet. (have no idea when it is fully filled)
3. It is a common area (walkway) and hence anybody can get in without second check of ticket.
4. I share similar feeling to Spider Eater‘s comment on his viewing experience though i did not watch the game there. However, if you have a front standing position, it should be acceptable when you have no other choice.

Hope this information help the WCE fans to make the right choice in our potential 2019 B2B GF.
I would take standing room over not being at the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Membership numbers for tickets- all posters please read the first post

Back