Coach Men's Coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Senior Coach: Brad Scott (thread)
reports to the Chief Executive Officer
  • Ben Jacobs – Assistant Coach (Defence)
  • Daniel Giansiracusa – Assistant Coach (Midfield)
  • Brent Stanton – Assistant Coach (Midfield)
  • Dale Tapping – Assistant Coach (Forwards)

Head of Development: Cam Roberts
reports to the General Manager, AFL
  • Travis Cloke – Development Coach (Forwards) & VFLW Head Coach (VFLW thread)
  • Michael Hurley – Development Coach (Backline), Jack Jones Academy & Player Welfare
  • Natalie Wood – Development Coach (Teaching & Education) & AFLW Senior Coach (Coach thread)

VFL Senior Coach: Blake Caracella (VFL thread)
  • Adam Potter – VFL Assistant Coach

Last edited:
‘Great ‘, I thought
Lies No GIF

Essendon has always been jobs for mates, even at board level. Brent Stanton was a run - of - the - mill footballer and it shows with the midfield group we are developing. Nice and all but the traits of physicality in some are the reason we are battling manfully not the actual structures imho.

Add to that the aerial turnover game we seem to want to set up with in our D50 and the whole chasing group is so incoherent an U10's MPNFL side would appear better coached.

Get serious and pay for the right people, don't just pay your mates cause you felt bad.

Essendon has always been jobs for mates, even at board level. Brent Stanton was a run - of - the - mill footballer and it shows with the midfield group we are developing. Nice and all but the traits of physicality in some are the reason we are battling manfully not the actual structures imho.

Add to that the aerial turnover game we seem to want to set up with in our D50 and the whole chasing group is so incoherent an U10's MPNFL side would appear better coached.

Get serious and pay for the right people, don't just pay your mates cause you felt bad.
I can’t comment on Stanton’s coaching ability specifically but average player = average coach is extremely lazy analysis. Clarkson was a nothing player yet went on to be one of the best coaches in AFL history.

Stanton as a midfield coach and Hurley as a development coach are two examples of the rort.

Couple of seasons ago he had a bunch of rag tag VFL players who had played stuff all games and by seasons end they knocked off a top 2 side and where playing decent footy. He is also not the main midfield coach. Gia is the midfield coach .

Couple of seasons ago he had a bunch of rag tag VFL players who had played stuff all games and by seasons end they knocked off a top 2 side and where playing decent footy. He is also not the main midfield coach. Gia is the midfield coach .
I dunno, Stanton just doesn't strike me as hard enough to take the next sep from my little dealings and listenings with him. Albeit maybe less than 6 games I have heard him speaking at.

I dunno, Stanton just doesn't strike me as hard enough to take the next sep from my little dealings and listenings with him. Albeit maybe less than 6 games I have heard him speaking at.
He is the bloody assistant assistant midfield coach . Anyway buy the end of the season when he was the VFL coach he had they guys playing for him. They got Tudor back to coach them and most left at the end of last year. They may change things up but our problem is with the bloke who is second in charge of the midfield ?

Jobs for mates. Its the Essington way
Matt Rosa. Rohan O'Brien. Darren Farrugia. David Rath. Danial Giansiracusa. Dale tapping. Ben jacobs. Cam Roberts . Travis Cloke . Brad Scott. Dan McPherson .Lots of great Essendon names there.

I've kinda settled on what I want to see:

Get rid of Gia, Stanton (nothing against him as the second midfield assistant fwiw, just prefer to keep Jacobs), Tapping (health), Caracella and Petter.

Bring in Leppitsch, Shane O'Bree, Jack Gunston, Darren Bewick and Toby Pinwill and end up as:

Head: Brad Scott

Defence: Leppitsch
Midfield: O'Bree/Jacobs
Forward: Gunston

VFL Head: Darren Bewick

VFL Defence: Hurley
VFL Midfield: Toby Pimwill
VFL Forward: Travis Cloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What difference will this make? Caracella was supposed to be the answer too but hasnt worked out. No coach in the world can fix our dumb**** players

View attachment 2077223
Would not mind it . Some of our assistants have been around since the start Of Rutten so a couple of fresh faces may be good.

Any word from Hird?
Will not coach again I suspect but we do not need him here in my view . I just do not see the point. We are still trying to move on from the train wreck of the saga . My view is we do not need to be bringing back people from that era.

Will not coach again I suspect but we do not need him here in my view . I just do not see the point. We are still trying to move on from the train wreck of the saga . My view is we do not need to be bringing back people from that era.
The only reason to get Hird in would be to allow him to flame out good and proper so idiots finally shut the **** up about him.

It honestly might be the final rite of passage we need as a club to get past the saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back