Merged Collingwood / Eddie discussion threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Eddie, I hope he stays for another 10 years

Agreed.

For the sake of the rest of the competition I think it's only fair that Eddie stays on.

If he was fuming yesterday, something tells me today's press conference is going to be priceless.

Does anyone know what time today's press conference will be?

I agree, McGuire must stay - he's chosen not to investigate whether Didak was there or not in the belief that if he doesn't ask, he won't get the answer he doesn't want, therefore he's not lying.

This could bring down a President, and coach and a CEO.

Re: What Song Would Be Appropriate Fof The Collingwood Fiasco?

Eurhythmics, Would I Lie To You?

and a dash of the Mentals, The Nips Are Getting Bigger

or (oldies) maybe Albert Collins, I Ain't Drunk (I'm Just Drinkin'), or Louis Jordan, What's The Use Of Gettin Sober?

I am happy to put up $50 for any journo who asks Eddie today whether he thought about boning Heath Shaw....

Irrespective of his reply, the same journo should then ask if he has thought about boning Malthouse. Eddie would combust!!!!!!

We all know Eddie has given much thought to boning Bucks....

This is delicious!!!!!

Brought the club back from the brink of financial ruin.

It's probably time to hand over the reigns to someone who can effectively manage the football side of the business better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's your week going?

Can you hear the football world - not hating you - but laughing at you? Next step is pity, though that is some time away

It is very funny:D:D Suck it up

My week is improving actually

Our Captain finally showed some fire after a month of flat uninspired footy from the team. I'm excited about seeing who steps up on Saturday night. I have a lot of Burnsy love, but I haven't seen him inspire the Pies to a win this year. There will be a lot of players out there playing for him, as well as the team this weekend

Didak's day has come, and we will finally stamp out some bullships that have been going on. He has spent too long undermining the stability of the club.

Eddie and Mick will also take the stick to the lads, and not before time. Say what you want about Eddie, he loves the club, and will do anything to make sure it's name doesn't get dragged around in the mud like this.

It's how the team responds now that will cap off the week for me.

Hypothetical....
What if Didak was actually driving, they both know if it comes out he is driving he is gawn. Heater decides to take the 'heat'. One lie leads to another and then Didak wasn't even there at all.

At this point, it doesn't even matter. Didak has burned a lot of people at the club. The depth of his lie doesn't really matter anymore.

I wouldn't want to see him in our jumper again this year... next year is the big question mark

Inside word on Eddie spraying the entire playing list on Monday

Eddie called the entire collingwood football club together on monday and delivered one of the biggest sprays ever remembered at the footy club.

No senior player was spared and it was the most scary Ed has ever been before.

Some of the direct things that he said in his spray:

Ben Johnson was fat
John Anthony's hair cut was a disgrace for a 3rd year player.

They are the only two specifics I have at the moment but I will have more to come.

In my opinion, Eddie and Malthouse should be shown the door. So much for a united football club when the president criticises the hair cut of one of the players and calls another one fat. He has too big a role to play down there and his and Malthouse's time is up. They have not delivered on a premiership, so they have run their race as far as I'm concerned.

His ruthlessness towards the players is the final straw for mine. Fancy treating them like school boys. Eddie, have a look at yourself before you start having a go at others. You and Mick have got us no closer to a flag than what we were when Malthouse came to the club in 2000. How long do you need? Stop worrying about off-field issues and get the on-field department right for a change.

Re: Inside word on Eddie spraying the entire playing list on Monday

It certainly sounds like an implosion of leadership at the CFC...

We all know what happened when Alves took to his players after that finals loss.

If the Saints pump the Pies this Saturday, then it will be game on

Was he annoyed at Chad Morrison?
Incensed at Wellingham?
Irate at Cameron Cloke?
Dead set livid at Tarrant, B Johnson, Dane Swan, Brodie Holland?
Infuriated with Didak?

Now he's furious?

One of the following is true:

1. The players don't listen to him
2. The players don't respect him
3. The players don't fear him

He must accept some blame. Great President in so many ways, but his leadership has to be questioned.

this was just quoted on sen 'on the sms'

Fancy treating them like school boys.

When they are playing, and now acting up like a bunch of school kids... have they earned the right to be treated any differently?

John Anthony's hair cut was a disgrace for a 3rd year player.
"Mattingly, I thought I told you to shave those sideburns!"

mattingly2.gif

(Oh dear I'm about to defend Eddie McGuire)

This is a president that took a club with terrible financials to a Melbourne financial powerhouse, who hired a coach that took the list to 2 GF appearances, stopped only by the greatest team in modern history.
Eddie is furious because the Collingwood "brand" has been severely tarnished due to recent events, and it is clear the approach in recent times to player misbehaviour isn't working.

Eddie is one of the better Presidents in the AFL and there are a couple of idiots on the playing list I'd cut before giving McGuire his marching orders.

His ruthlessness towards the players is the final straw for mine. Fancy treating them like school boys. Eddie, have a look at yourself before you start having a go at others. You and Mick have got us no closer to a flag than what we were when Malthouse came to the club in 2000. How long do you need? Stop worrying about off-field issues and get the on-field department right for a change.

I've gotta say you tend to get treated the way you act...

I know that's a generalisation not fair to much of the playing group.......but I'd be looking to make an example of someone today if I was Eddie. He's the kind of guy who will not want to be made to look stupid over this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged Collingwood / Eddie discussion threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back