Merged Collingwood / Eddie discussion threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to pre-empt the press conference but my spies tell me that the Collingwood hierachy has been monitoring Big Footy and feels that we have all been a bit lenient. They will be releasing this statement and directive;

"Heath Shaw and Alan Didak, in a few short weeks it will be spring. The snows of winter will flow away, the ice will vanish, the air will become soft and balmy. The annual miracle of the years will awaken and come to pass.

But you will not be there.

The rivulet will run its soaring course to the sea. The timid desert flowers will put forth their tender shoots. The glorious valleys in this imperial domain will blossom as the rose.

Still you will not be there.

From every treetop, some wildwood songster will carol his mating song. Butterflies will sport in the sunshine. The gentle breeze will tease the tassels of the wild grasses and all nature will be glad.

But you will not be there to enjoy it.

Because I command the sheriff of the county to lead you away to some remote spot, swing you by the neck from a knotting bough of some sturdy oak and let you hang until dead.

And then, Heath Shaw and Alan Didak , I further command that such officer retire quickly from your dangling corpse, that vultures may descend from the heavens upon your filthy bodies until nothing is left but the bare, bleached bones of cold-blooded, blood-thirsty, throat-cutting, murdering sons of bitches."

Re: Inside word on Eddie spraying the entire playing list on Monday

OK so are you equating all transgressions or are you just pushing this one up the ladder to long term drug use and admitted addiction?

Its a very slippery slope once you let guys get off one thing, then it just springs on from there. West Coast probably were thinking the way you are now 2 years ago. its a slight problem. We can deal with it.

Not immune but presently well armoured. Or at North to see premierships.
Well armoured certainly, but these things tend to happen when you let transgressions go.

OK so are you equating all transgressions or are you just pushing this one up the ladder to long term drug use and admitted addiction? Not immune but presently well armoured. Or at North to see premierships. Or at Brisbane for the ultimate pragmatists success as a premiership coach.

In any event, define these things?

well it seems Didak is addicted to something too...

OK so are you equating all transgressions or are you just pushing this one up the ladder to long term drug use and admitted addiction?

There seems to be one thing Collingwood's indiscretions seem to have in common - alcohol. If an alcohol problem isn't a drug problem, then you're sticking your head in the sand. Legal doesn't mean it's not a problem that is causing players to go way off the rails.

I don't think either of them will be sacked.

Either do I.

Quinten Lynch drove under the influence, panicked and made a fool of himself. He was suspended from the side, copped his whack and seems to have learned his lesson. I've never seen Heath Shaw's name in the paper, so sacking him for a similar incident hardly seems fair.

Alan Didak on the other hand... hardly a first offence. I seem to remember one B Cousins having a few 'final chances' once upon a time.

There seems to be one thing Collingwood's indiscretions seem to have in common - alcohol. If an alcohol problem isn't a drug problem, then you're sticking your head in the sand. Legal doesn't mean it's not a problem that is causing players to go way off the rails.
Well football clubs in general, regardless of code. Too many at Collingwood for sure. How much of a real issue it is/should be is debatable though. One day we have the masses telling us our coach is a super human for getting such an ordinary list so far and the next day off wide spread field behavioural issues are affecting performance. I agree actually. Drinking improves performance. Not the actual alcohol itself but the out-let it affords and the social aspect.

well it seems Didak is addicted to something too...
You mean alcohol? Look if that is the case then I hope to hell the club does something about it and immediately and if that means he stops playing for now then so be it but you are taking a big leap. I think he is just a common or garden DH.

Collingwood's off field behavior is worst than West Coasts

9 off field incidents since 2006. The Eagles have had 3.

At least the Eagles suspended players with ill discipline, Collingwood only started today becuase they had no other option.

The AFL should step in and put strict guidelines in place in regards to their off field behaviour, like what they did with West Coast.

They shouldn't be a protected species like they are with everything else.

Re: Collingwood's off field behavior is worst than West Coasts

It's more than 3. Cousins on about 5 separate occasions, Kerr on multiple occasions, the young recruit at the start of this year in a fight the list goes on...

The drug culture at the Eagles cost Mainwaring his life. Same happened with Collingwood years ago with Millane, it's starting to resurface again. When will they learn...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is the Eagles always stood players down, suspended them, traded them, cut them when they played up. Collingwood do nothing.

It's more than 3. Cousins on about 5 separate occasions, Kerr on multiple occasions, the young recruit at the start of this year in a fight the list goes on...

The drug culture at the Eagles cost Mainwaring his life. Same happened with Collingwood years ago with Millane, it's starting to resurface again. When will they learn...?

Mainwaring was in no shape or form involved with the West Coast since his retirement. Only at a few events where other former players attended also. He was a newsreader and reporter for 7.

I love Ben Cousins, I feel so sorry for West Coast. I barack for the Pies, but I accept we are dealing with footballers, and egos, and hangers on. Why can't you be gracious, and walk the walk with us as the heroes fall, don't put the boot in, cowards do that. The press are cowards, supporters are brothers in arms

Mainwaring was in no shape or form involved with the West Coast since his retirement. Only at a few events where other former players attended also. He was a newsreader and reporter for 7.
Who do you think he was getting on it with??? Cousins of course

Lynch auditioning for Worlds Wildest Police Videos

And Lynch was suspended by the club for that incident. Collingwood couldn't bring themselves to suspend anyone until the two players in question made absolute fools out of the entire football club for 'lying'.

yep we have had more off-field incidents and ur club is so great cause u suspend the players and Collingwood dont.
Fletcher almost died from drugs, Cousins numerous times, Gardiner involved with bikies and drink driving, Kerr and Cousins getting into a nightclub brawl.
The AFL stepped in with ur rabble cause your club didnt do anything. They knew Cousins was on drugs yet let him play for more then another half a season. The AFL have no need to step in, the club has done what it should have done.

move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged Collingwood / Eddie discussion threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back