Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wbMARKStaz2.jpg

Tazz will be a utility for us, as we have a premiership defence Brown & Reid. i think pick 55 and a player is reasonable, actually will give you Davis, Anthony and Blight sd well as they will be depriving a young player in VFL side.

One way or another Pies will get him

Enough talk on Goldsack I think he's signed for 2 years in last week and he was never on table, so pick 10 or 100 say what you want he's a premiership player and key member of our team.

Who cares about pick 55. Lets redraft him because he will retire and wont make it in the media and Connors will also get zero. Act like dogs and get treated like a dog.:thumbsu:

surely pick 43 is a more than fair request from Freo? We got pick 49 for Marcus Drum last year and that bloke is an absolute spud

2 wrongs dont make a right

Just because you were dumb with drum doesnt mean we have to give too much for a player we dont really need and only got 2 years left, its only for sentimantal reasons

Well its looking more and more and more like Tarrant wont be a Pie next year.

Pies are backing themelves into a corner, more worried about getting one over Freo than anything else now.

wont offer pick 43 but will hve to use it to get him plus pay him 500k a year.

Word is Hawks and Carlton have had legal advice that if Tarrant nominates for either draft and then retires he will be open to legal action for breach of contract on top of getting paid nothing.

Both teams are circling and hoping no deal goes through.

If Maggies don't at least offer Pick 43 for Tarrant then any pretence of them playing fair is gone and if I was Freo I'd put Tarrant into the National Draft and then refer Tarrant's manager's comments that he will retire if selected by a club other than Collingwood to the AFL as being conduct prejudicial to the draft. The breach of contract angle is also a most interesting one.

Yep Tarrant is 30 but only just 30 so should be able to give 2 or 3 years to the Pies. Their window is bang open and with the new substitute rule Tarrant's flexibility should be an important asset as they seek to go back to back.

Lets face it Tarrant went to Freo as a failed flaky forward after 9 years at Collingwood but is leaving Freo 4 years later as as elite and respected key defender. Pick 43 or make him and his manager sweat for mine.

Of course if they do offer Pick 43 then I'd say its a fair trade and Freo should accept.

Just because you were dumb with drum

Dumb? Drum was a poor selection from the Schwab/Connolly days, the fact that we get Pick 49 from him was a steal. The fact that we picked Dylan Roberton with that selection makes it even better.

we have to give too much for a player we dont really need

Then tell Tarrant that so he can either retire or get traded to Hawthorn/Carlton. If you don't want him, get out of the

Pick 43 is a more than reasonable request, we've had Collingwood posters on our board telling us that.

Word is Hawks and Carlton have had legal advice that if Tarrant nominates for either draft and then retires he will be open to legal action for breach of contract on top of getting paid nothing.
How would retiring breach his contract from the ND?

Man, how ******ed is all this...

"I AM MISTER INVISIBLE, YUO CANNOT SEE ME"

"WE ARE HAVE X RAY VISION, I CAN SEE JOO"

" OH NO, WE IZ KAMELEON, YUO CANNOT SEE US"

" WAAAA WE HAVE HEAT CAMZ OLOLOLZOLOLZOLOLZ, JOO ARE WRIGHT THEYRE....."

"SORRY, NO PICK 43"

"THANKYOU FOR PICK 43"

****ing seriously, grown men acting like space cadets.... just hurry the **** up and give us a fair trade ffs.

#43 if they want to not be ********s, #55 + cutlery for some other reason. Come to think of it, can they do a Taz for Krak? Would ultimately give them pick 55, XX, YY, Taz + a young ruckmen for pick #25.

What is the quality like in the third round? I've heard the draft goes pretty deep, perhaps the difference between 2nd tier players isn't all that much?

I personally thought Taz was worth a pick 30ish, ala Aker/BBBBBBH, does anyone know how good this Ceglar is? If he looks good as an up and comer ruck, it could ultimately have been a Taz + smoky ruck for a 20 pick downgrade, which may not be a bad deal. How valuable is he, considering they have a 29 year old Jolly, and L Brown as their rucks?

How would retiring breach his contract from the ND?

Not sure just wat ive heard im not a lawyer, but i guess that if you go in the draft you sign something that says you will do all u can to fulfil your obligations to which ever team picks you. You cant pick which teeam picks u thats why its a draft.

With Tarrant having threatened to retire he has left himself open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he's really mindeful of your prediction and will work his butt off to prove you wrong :rolleyes:

We don't care about what our players are worth cos they're not up for trade. The difference between a draft pick and a good player is that one's chance, and the other's a good player.

We're not interested in draft picks because we're a young list. If it was an ageing list then we might be going after a few picks.

Not interested in draft picks? Then why'dya get 3 late picks (currently 55, 78, 95) from GC? You've lost 9 players from your senior list as per below and added 2 in Andrew Krakouer and John Ceglar with a third in Blair a chance to be elevated. By my mathematics that'd be 6 draft picks you'd be using which for mine would indicate a rather large interest in draft picks.

Sean Rusling (retired)
Shane O'Bree (retired)
Jaxson Barham (delisted)
Jarrad Blight (delisted)
Ryan Cook (delisted)
Anthony Corrie (delisted)
Paul Medhurst (retired)
Tarkyn Lockyer (retired)
Josh Fraser (Gold Coast)

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=85961

This article is shows why most of us Dockers members/supporters are pretty pissed with the goings on of this week. Connors and Tarrant can go and get F#%ked!! If Hawthorn and Carlton are willing to take these pricks to court, then I will put money in myself! And just a word of advice for Mr Tarrant.... liars get found out very quickly in the property game!!:mad:

The fact of the matter is that collingwood has the superior position. Like it or not this trade will only be completed on their terms.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=85961

This article is shows why most of us Dockers members/supporters are pretty pissed with the goings on of this week. Connors and Tarrant can go and get F#%ked!! If Hawthorn and Carlton are willing to take these pricks to court, then I will put money in myself! And just a word of advice for Mr Tarrant.... liars get found out very quickly in the property game!!:mad:

I'm sure you complained on Essendon's behalf when Adam McPhee did exactly the same thing last year.

Question time:

Jolly was 28? when Collingwood traded for him, paying 14 and 46. He wasn't the best ruckman in the league at that time, or didn't look to be.

Tarrant is a touch over 1 year older, and ranks at about the same hierarchical level. He would be the best KPD on Collingwoods list come GF day 2011, and is also a former AA as a KPF.

What I would like to know is, is the 1 year age difference when taking into account the comparitive similairities between these two players, such as age, and their ability to play their chosen position, really worth pick #14, and essentially a rounds downgrade on pick #46?

In my opinion, Tarrant provides only slightly less to Collingwood than Jolly does. He would effectively be their most valuable KP player. I am not taking development into account, as on GF day, you're priority is to be the best team on the park, in order to win the flag, not develope youth.

Tarrant would be THE BEST KPD/F Collingwood has on their list for 2011, regardless of BS arguments about Reid/Presti/Cloke/Brown. IMHO, to make a 4th round offer for what is essentially a AA KP player, is monumentally taking the piss.

Other than Jolly, Collingwood will not have a ruckman of note for another 5 years. In 3 years or so when he retires, their premiership window will be closed unless Ceglar takes a huge step up, or they make a trade for a big name ruck.

There WILL be a season or two of lesser output once Buckley comes in. Collingwood know this, and will fix their list flaws during that period. In the meantime, they will be going for broke.

IMO, Tarrant provides an important part of their 2011 premiership puzzle. If they don't pick him up now, their chances at a flag will be reduced, agree or not. While they may be pretending he is just a mature age depth player, he is far more than that. Tarrant is a top 10 player for their 2011 flag hopes.

Fremantle will legitimately be worried about losing him for nothing in this years trade period, but I believe Collingwood cannot afford to take the risk of losing him, and as such, Fremantle should hold firm and Demand a player/draft pick that will/potentially provide the same output in their starting 22 as Tarrant.

Forget about the CW power trades, they NEED Taz. Forget about all these BS offers, if Freo wait long enough on Mundy (sorry, lolz) arvo, Collingwood will drop the shit talk.

Here's hoping our boys can handle the heat.

GET IN THERE FREO!

P.S: Awesome long post huh?

Question time:

Jolly was 28? when Collingwood traded for him, paying 14 and 46. He wasn't the best ruckman in the league at that time, or didn't look to be.

Tarrant is a touch over 1 year older, and ranks at about the same hierarchical level. He would be the best KPD on Collingwoods list come GF day 2011, and is also a former AA as a KPF.

Jolly was contracted.
Tarrant isn't.

Mark Harvey is about to walk the Ross Lyon Trading Plank.

:rolleyes:

You've said that about 3 or 4 times on our board, the circumstances here are really quite different.

St Kilda turned down a reasonable offer from you.
We're seeking Pick 43, a very reasonable price, and you can't give it to us.

Ball was 25, Tarrant is 30.

At the moment you're only offering us **** all, so there's not much to lose by not trading with you. St Kilda (reportedly) turned down Wellingham + Pick 30; a lot to lose there.

If you don't want to look like a ****wit with no idea what they're talking about, I'd suggest that you stop using that phrase. Alternatively, keep using it to demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the situation.

I'm sure you complained on Essendon's behalf when Adam McPhee did exactly the same thing last year.

When did he (Adam McPhee) say "I will retire if not picked up by Fremantle"? Pathetic arguement that Collingwood supporters keep putting up. Not even close to being the same as the statements put up by Mr Connors. If Tarrant enters the draft and is picked up by any other club other than yours, and then retires then it will be a clear case, and I mean a clear case, of draft tampering (i.e CHEATING)!!!:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back