Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another fan who views footy through the prism of draft picks.

would have thought by definition any premiership player is worth a top 22 pick. A pick is a pick is a pick. Plenty of duds have got picked in the first round over the years. A proven premiership player is the preverbial bird in the hand. I'll take the bird in the hand.

Im still laughing at this!

So "by definition" the WCE best player would be worth.... hang on let me work this out....331st pick.

Phrase of the year for mine.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I hear Ash Hansen is looking for opportunities somewhere Pick 1-22 will get it done :thumbsu:

You got something in your hand alright, aint a bird.

That was single handedly the dumbest phrase i have ever read on BF, and you know there have been some crackers.

Any premiership player worth top 22.

Do you actually know anything about football or you from overseas?

Ash Hansen was premiership player 5 years ago - Tyson Goldsack last week. For goodness sake.

The market determines these things. Any team who's just won a premiership the previous week would not give up any of their premiership players for anything less than a first round pick, unless they're old - see Steven King. That is just a fact.

Put a poll up mate. See how many Collingwood supporters would want to trade a premiership player for less than a first rounder.

You're just a deluded supporter who doesn't know what success looks like. It's about premierships, not draft picks. I'm happy with my premiership players - why on earth would I want to trade them for a draft pick where u could get a dud. That's the ultimate bird in the hand mentality.

Absolutely. It's not like we are chasing him. He's the steak-knives.

Not sure if sticking a price on your head is the smartest thing to do straight after being delisted, though.:eek:

Sorry mate I was refering to Tarrant (Bold).

Could get Taz with a later pick if he won't play elsewhere is what I meant.

Collingwood will not be swallowing any pride, why would they? They have the upper hand. They would like Tarrant, but they're not desperate for Tarrant. This is what peeves Freo the most I suspect.

Along with the fact Freo will get a pick/player/combo from us or nothing for Tarrant. Tarrant will not be traded to another club.

He could take his chances in the national draft at which point Freo still get nothing.

Freo can take the moral high ground and hope like hell that someone picks him before us and feel all good inside but still it doesn't benefit the footy club outside of a player slipping 1 extra pick in the draft.

If Tarrant isn't traded are the Premiers any worse off? No. Are Freo worse off? Yes

If Freo really twist our arm, we'll throw in Corrie. He's not a premiership player but he was on the premiership list and would be in your best 22.

Along with the fact Freo will get a pick/player/combo from us or nothing for Tarrant. Tarrant will not be traded to another club.

He could take his chances in the national draft at which point Freo still get nothing.

Freo can take the moral high ground and hope like hell that someone picks him before us and feel all good inside but still it doesn't benefit the footy club outside of a player slipping 1 extra pick in the draft.

If Tarrant isn't traded are the Premiers any worse off? No. Are Freo worse off? Yes

If Freo really twist our arm, we'll throw in Corrie. He's not a premiership player but he was on the premiership list and would be in your best 22.

Another hack that got no game time with Pies, about to be delisted also.

However fits in our best 22.

If Freo really twist our arm, we'll throw in Corrie. He's not a premiership player but he was on the premiership list and would be in your best 22.[/quote]

Loved your post except for the bold.....Corrie is a bum!

Ash Hansen was premiership player 5 years ago - Tyson Goldsack last week. For goodness sake.

The market determines these things. Any team who's just won a premiership the previous week would not give up any of their premiership players for anything less than a first round pick, unless they're old - see Steven King. That is just a fact.

Put a poll up mate. See how many Collingwood supporters would want to trade a premiership player for less than a first rounder.

You're just a deluded supporter who doesn't know what success looks like. It's about premierships, not draft picks. I'm happy with my premiership players - why on earth would I want to trade them for a draft pick where u could get a dud. That's the ultimate bird in the hand mentality.

You said it Collingwood supporters. Because they aint biased at all.

How about put up a poll for the whole AFL community and see how many of your 22 premiership players are first rounders?

Ok hypothetical.

Pick 1 for Goldsack? Would you do it or now is there a sliding scale.

Sorry mate I was refering to Tarrant (Bold).

Could get Taz with a later pick if he won't play elsewhere is what I meant.

OK, I'm with you now.

He won't slip to #73, of that you can be absolutely guaranteed. He will fit straight into yours, Hawks & Carlton's backline. Whatever price is on his head, he will not still be available at pick 60.

If by some miracle he is, I hope we pick him.

Hahaha only Freo has ever been so stupid to give up pick 1.

Though Trent Croad was a great player when he got back to Victoria.

There's still some legs in Tarrant if he plays over here too I'm sure of it.

Pick 10 for Goldsack?

You argument makes no sense if your then going to laugh at my suggestions.

By your definition every premiership player is better then first 22 picks.

But where does it start and end.

Goldsack worth pick 10? 20?

2nd rounder at absolute best, lets not get ridiculous and start over pricing are players although thats exactly what your supporters have done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Freo really twist our arm, we'll throw in Corrie. He's not a premiership player but he was on the premiership list and would be in your best 22.[/quote]

Loved your post except for the bold.....Corrie is a bum!

It was a joke dude. I'm aware of Corries abilities or lack there of, the way these Freo supporters are carrying on, I'd thought I'd join in on the jokes.

Pick 10 for Goldsack?

You argument makes no sense if your then going to laugh at my suggestions.

By your definition every premiership player is better then first 22 picks.

But where does it start and end.

Goldsack worth pick 10? 20?

2nd rounder at absolute best, lets not get ridiculous and start over pricing are players although thats exactly what your supporters have done.

The whole thing started because a Collingwood supporter somewhere said a first rounder is Goldsack's price. That means, within the first round.

We don't need to over value our players. That's for the delusion of the supporters of 15 other clubs at the moment.

And remember, we didn't put Goldsack on the table. Hawthorn came to us. As soon as they did we resigned him. Do you really think we would have entertained anything less than a first rounder? Absolutely not.

The whole thing started because a Collingwood supporter somewhere said a first rounder is Goldsack's price. That means, within the first round.

We don't need to over value our players. That's for the delusion of the supporters of 15 other clubs at the moment.

And remember, we didn't put Goldsack on the table. Hawthorn came to us. As soon as they did we resigned him. Do you really think we would have entertained anything less than a first rounder? Absolutely not.

No of course not because as you and your supporters say your whole 22 are first round picks :rolleyes:

Nice 2 year contract. I bet he wont play more then 25 games in the 2 years and if he gets to 15 games its because of injuries.

Anyway im out.

Congrats Pies supporters on the flag this year, clearly best side in comp.

Just be careful when pulling your players knobs. Would hate to get investigated!

No of course not because as you and your supporters say your whole 22 are first round picks :rolleyes:

Nice 2 year contract. I bet he wont play more then 25 games in the 2 years and if he gets to 15 games its because of injuries.

I'm sure he's really mindeful of your prediction and will work his butt off to prove you wrong :rolleyes:

We don't care about what our players are worth cos they're not up for trade. The difference between a draft pick and a good player is that one's chance, and the other's a good player.

We're not interested in draft picks because we're a young list. If it was an ageing list then we might be going after a few picks.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I hear Ash Hansen is looking for opportunities somewhere Pick 1-22 will get it done :thumbsu:

You got something in your hand alright, aint a bird.

That was single handedly the dumbest phrase i have ever read on BF, and you know there have been some crackers.

Any premiership player worth top 22.

Do you actually know anything about football or you from overseas?

Laughed out extrmely loud. If i had an upgraded account, that would be my sig.

Post of the year.

My view is Taz will add value to Collingwood but they are doing just fine without him. The major motivation is to ensure a potential challenger ie Hawthorn, St Kilda don't get the opportunity to become stronger.

Does Collingwood care if they get him - not really
Do they care if he retires - not at all
Do they care if a competitor gets him - now they care

They won't offer anything but scraps because retirement is a suitable option.

Taz is a controlled pawn and Freo will be done over.

Really like Taz and still do but i am very disappointed in the manner of his departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back