Merged Tarrant Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't do a deal and is drafted by someone else before Collingwood can draft him. Collingwood will have screwed with his career TWICE!!! Why he wants to return there is beyond me...

Tarrant's retiring is the best outcome for the AFL.

It is only if he gets picked up by Collingwood that it will get ugly. The process has, as I have been told, already begun. I would think the AFL has already commenced a few quiet discussions with Collingwood on what will happen if they draft him. Certainly the avenues have commenced from the other clubs involved point of view.

And whilst it has been happenning for years - it has never happened on this basis - with the player (and his agent, his player manager) stating on public record that he will retire if he doesn't get to a specific club - very clear breach of the rules that Tarrant is bound to.

You honestly need to listen to what you are saying.

Tarrant loves Collingwood, that is obvious. He feels like he wants to play a couple more seasons with them because he feels like he may have 2 more years left. Now if another team were to pick him up in the draft, he may feel that he lacks the drive to play for them, because his heart isn't in it. This isn't understandable?

How will this result in a massive lawsuit and huge ramifications for Tarrant and Collingwood? The guy is entitled to his own freedom and choices. Its not often that a scenario happens that a player loves a club so much that his only reason to play on is to play for that club and that club only.

You make it sound like both sides, Collingwood and Tarrant are so shady and evil when in essence, it is the love Tarrant has for Collingwood (or rather his mates there) that is driving this. Good luck suing that. It's just pathetic bitterness on your behalf, that a guy who played for and who you loved did not love your club as much as he did his previous one. Tough shiite.

Tarrant loves Collingwood, that is obvious. He feels like he wants to play a couple more seasons with them because he feels like he may have 2 more years left. Now if another team were to pick him up in the draft, he may feel that he lacks the drive to play for them, because his heart isn't in it. This isn't understandable? .

*sniff*

What a wonderfully romantic piece of drivel. I can see now why Mills & Boon trash sells so well. Like the moving speech Taz gave to the media about how anxious he was to repay the faith that Harvey had shown in him, and how he'd only play on if Fremantle were properly compensated (no mention of just Collingwood by the way, that came much, much later).

it is the love Tarrant has for Collingwood

Please, stop there, I don't want to have to read the part where your hero, as he casually pulls up his strides, casually leans over Malthouses still-sweaty, breathless form and gently whispers ......

"Don't forget my big back-ender in 2012 sweet-lips!"​

IF Freo are miffed
IF Freo think the spirit of the draft laws are being abused
&
the AFL are turning their back:
trade him to any Melbourne club for their last pick.

The Pies & Paul Connors are put on notice as are the AFL.

Tarrant's retiring is the best outcome for the AFL.

It is only if he gets picked up by Collingwood that it will get ugly. The process has, as I have been told, already begun. I would think the AFL has already commenced a few quiet discussions with Collingwood on what will happen if they draft him. Certainly the avenues have commenced from the other clubs involved point of view.

You would think, or you would hope?
There's a difference you know.

ps. Yes we are screwing you but there's nothing you can do about it. I'm sure you will be more than willing to return the favor when the shoe's on the other foot though.

Clubs, the players, AFL and sponsors etc are all governed by the rules that are in place today. The AFL as we all know protects its image ABOVE ALL ELSE. They will have no option but to act in this case because Tarrant and his manager have stepped way over that line and not just Freo but also a couple of other clubs will make the necessary complaints/avenues - this has already begun.

What Tarrant & his manager are doing is nothing different from Fraser Gehrig & the like.

The AFL & it's own legal team know the draft is a form of trade restraint. The AFLPA also know this.

They aren't going to threaten the AFLPA taking action on behalf of it's members so it can protect the interests of one club. You are pretty niave.

IF Freo are miffed
IF Freo think the spirit of the draft laws are being abused
&
the AFL are turning their back:
trade him to any Melbourne club for their last pick.

The Pies & Paul Connors are put on notice as are the AFL.

Can't trade him anywhere unless he agrees to the trade, but nice try. :cool:

You are missing the point. If he doesnt get to the Pies he is retiring. He does not see the need to further his career at another club. If the Pies pick him up, he has stated that he will play for another one or two years, if they don't, he will then retire.

It is as simple as that. I would love to see the AFL or Freo take this to court because they don't have a leg to stand on.

That is not draft tampering or whatever name you want to put to it. Its fairly simple really, its his choice to retire if he doesn't get to the Pies. AFL can't do crap.

Good luck with the court case, ain't going to happen.

Bullshit. I never heard such absolute bullshit.

If the Premiers get him in the ND, the AFL can just say no one else thought he was worth an earlier pick. see Luke Ball for precedence. The AFL said the Premiers did nothing wrong.

If some one else drafts him and he decides to retire due to a change of heart or whatever reason he comes up with, then AFL can't do a thing about it. How is it the Premiers fault that he retired? It's between Tarrant and the club that drafts him. :rolleyes:Do the AFL fine Tarrant for retiring?:rolleyes:

The Premiers don't make Tarrants' decisions for him.

*sniff*

What a wonderfully romantic piece of drivel. I can see now why Mills & Boon trash sells so well. Like the moving speech Taz gave to the media about how anxious he was to repay the faith that Harvey had shown in him, and how he'd only play on if Fremantle were properly compensated (no mention of just Collingwood by the way, that came much, much later).

Please, stop there, I don't want to have to read the part where your hero, as he casually pulls up his strides, casually leans over Malthouses still-sweaty, breathless form and gently whispers ......

"Don't forget my big back-ender in 2012 sweet-lips!"​

Romantic? Your wife suffers, hey?

Has he actually stated he is will nominate for the draft if not traded during this week?

Or is it, if he doesn't get to the Pies he will retire?

Can anyone confirm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, why don't Freo threaten to take Tarrant themsleves if Collingwood don't deal with them fairly? They're going to lose him anyway, it would give them some bargaining power.

probably the worst bluff ever, sure we'd give up a 3rd round pick for a player who will immediately retire good decision.

The only pain the girlfriend suffers is the waiting for your next torrid piece of Tarrant adoration.

Are there plans for a movie?

Not sure if you meant it, but this actually means that your girlfriend awaits my Tarrant pieces so much that she is actually in pain while she waits. She loves Tarrant and my writing that much?? Can't you just use your charm?

Don't know but I for one wouldn't be watching it. I don't really want Tarrant back. I'll take him for practically free, but I don't want to use anything of any real value when our team is so perfectly placed, list-wise.

Why can't you accept that a bloke wants to play footy with his mates and hopefully win a premiership? Is this beyond you?

Its not strengthening our team if we had him. He may be lucky to get a game in our best 22.

Definitely. I actually think Malthouse and the coaching staff are already thinking about the subs. I would say that they would rotate Tarrant and Goldsack in that position.

Honestly, why don't Freo threaten to take Tarrant themsleves if Collingwood don't deal with them fairly? They're going to lose him anyway, it would give them some bargaining power.

Not a good move. Freo currently have picks 21, 38, 72 & 89.

Would they use one of their 1st 2 picks for a guy that will definitely retire if Freo take him. It's possible he'll play on if selected by another team, some doubt but possible.

He will just retire. So that doesn't give them any bargaining power
I know he'd retire, but it would force Collingwood to deal fairly.

I'm thinking more the preaseason draft here - if he nominates for the national draft I guess it's a lot less likely.

I know he'd retire, but it would force Collingwood to deal fairly.

I'm thinking more the preaseason draft here - if he nominates for the national draft I guess it's a lot less likely.

Isn't Collingwood dealing fairly??? They made an offer and Freo haven't accepted. For a 30 year old that has been prone to injuries in his last year, I don't think he is worth much more. If he had a season like 2009, then I think the Pies would have to up their ante but that is not the case.

Im sorry, but as much respect I have for Taz, I would not be willing to part with our lowest pick for him.

Its not strengthening our team if we had him. He may be lucky to get a game in our best 22.

I quite honestly don't want to debate whether or not Tarrant is on your best 22 or not. Currently he is one of the best defenders in the league, better at the moment than Reid and Brown. If you don't choose to play him because you want experience for Reid and Brown, that's your issue.

But are you saying you'd be a better side next year with whichever kid you get with you last pick in the draft on your list than with Tarrant on your list?

Isn't Collingwood dealing fairly??? They made an offer and Freo haven't accepted. For a 30 year old that has been prone to injuries in his last year, I don't think he is worth much more. If he had a season like 2009, then I think the Pies would have to up their ante but that is not the case.

Im sorry, but as much respect I have for Taz, I would not be willing to part with our lowest pick for him.
You really don't think he's worth a top 50 pick in a weak draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back