MFC Newbies Thread - Don't be Shy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello. Also joined the forum recently. 3rd generation Melbourne supporter, I started in 1964.
Currently resident in Honiara, Solomon Islands. People might be pleased to know last night at a junior AFL fund raiser at the Point Cruz Yacht Club the MC wore full Melbourne regalia. I was pretty happy about it :)

Hi folks,

Have been a Dees fan all my life, got it from my father.

Im 28, live in Toronto, but originally from Perth. Cant tell you how much fun it was pissing off all the Wet Toast supporters at games at Subi. Even better was the fact we were Subiaco Football CLub members, and so had members seats right in the middle of the West Coast members, about 20 meters from their coaching box. Always a laugh rocking up in Dees gear. (p.s. they're a feral bunch...)

Also wanted to say how much this club means to me. Even more so now. The old man passed away in March, had the memorial in Perth. So i thought it would be fitting for everyone not to bring flowers, but to donate to the MFC. The old man gets the last laugh! But seriously, the club was fantastic about it all. Had Neitz providing all the info and calling and emailing and setting things up for me. Really above and beyond.

DEES TIL I DIE!

Hello. Also joined the forum recently. 3rd generation Melbourne supporter, I started in 1964.
Currently resident in Honiara, Solomon Islands. People might be pleased to know last night at a junior AFL fund raiser at the Point Cruz Yacht Club the MC wore full Melbourne regalia. I was pretty happy about it :)

Comrade AE - welcome.

What with the budget, I suspect I will never make it to Honiara. I hope you appreciate it !!!

Better still, imagine being one of the first western sailors to land on Tahiti some two centuries ago - what a warm welcome :thumbsu: It is no wonder they mutinied on the Bounty.

Hi folks,

Have been a Dees fan all my life, got it from my father.

Im 28, live in Toronto, but originally from Perth. Cant tell you how much fun it was pissing off all the Wet Toast supporters at games at Subi. Even better was the fact we were Subiaco Football CLub members, and so had members seats right in the middle of the West Coast members, about 20 meters from their coaching box. Always a laugh rocking up in Dees gear. (p.s. they're a feral bunch...)

Also wanted to say how much this club means to me. Even more so now. The old man passed away in March, had the memorial in Perth. So i thought it would be fitting for everyone not to bring flowers, but to donate to the MFC. The old man gets the last laugh! But seriously, the club was fantastic about it all. Had Neitz providing all the info and calling and emailing and setting things up for me. Really above and beyond.

DEES TIL I DIE!

And welcome to you too, G2709. Love your capitalisation at the end. Good to hear that the club stepped up to the plate. Neiter is a genuinely great guy.

Please beware the various 'wolves in wolves' clothing' that habituate this Board:thumbsu:

And welcome to you too, G2709. Love your capitalisation at the end. Good to hear that the club stepped up to the plate. Neiter is a genuinely great guy.

Please beware the various 'wolves in wolves' clothing' that habituate this Board:thumbsu:

Mario/norf board/:thumbsu:

Lol, I've been reading through a lot of posts. A lot of these "wolves wearing wolves" clothing are just that. Funny stuff though, through a bit of work-around its pretty easy to do an IP trace...

32, live os in hong kong, teacher at an int school. Sometimes poster, frequent reader..born into a dees family, mum and dad go every week, and I go when I m down there..

Hoping, like everyone, that this batch of demons can take us all the way, and give us some lasting memories to reflect on.

finally, love reading the preview by Biff each week, so creative! and Ronald is smashing the MS paint thread.. keep up the good work boys.

Welcome along aabamo, thanks for giving us some insight on yourself. Well I think we can say you're the only HK based poster on the Dees board.

Just joined BigFooty. I've been a supporter since the mid-90s or so and became a Dees member for the first time this year after moving to Melbourne.

Good days lie ahead for the footy club. There is hope now after a very lean trot, but patience is required while the kids continue to develop.

Devo,

I have a question.

Are we not men?

Regards,

Spirit of 26

Short time reader, short time poster.
Came to the site by way of a Demonblog link to the MS Paint Thread earlier this season and had some of the best laughs this side of an Alastair Nicholson kick in. The quality got better the deeper I dug and figured the odd contribution on my behalf would be welcome.
You'll find me cut 'n pasting around that particular Hell thread with hope of branching into more text based participations down the track.
Have a good few decades of supporting the Dees so there's no shortage of inspiration and despair. I've seen it all .... with the exception of the holy grail itself*

*1987 National-Panasonic Cup notwithstanding.

. I've seen it all .... with the exception of the holy grail itself*

Good to have you mate, I'm sure we're all enjoying the photoshop/paint work you're doing.

I don't reckon there wouldn't be a poster here who remembers our last day of glory.*

* There could be one.

Short time reader, short time poster.
Came to the site by way of a Demonblog link to the MS Paint Thread earlier this season and had some of the best laughs this side of an Alastair Nicholson kick in. The quality got better the deeper I dug and figured the odd contribution on my behalf would be welcome.
You'll find me cut 'n pasting around that particular Hell thread with hope of branching into more text based participations down the track.
Have a good few decades of supporting the Dees so there's no shortage of inspiration and despair. I've seen it all .... with the exception of the holy grail itself*

And mate, do not forget 1989 !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And mate, do not forget 1989 !!!

Problem is I have! Had a serious fever on the day and can hardly remember a thing apart from the Cat supporter getting arrested for trying to smash a window on the prize car parked behind the goals.

'87 on the other hand... the wet, Waverley conditions...the lack of hope for a young Flower-less side...Brett Bailey pulling a winning snap out of his arse...being hit in the face by a police horse's tail on the ground after the match...
Memories are made of this.

Hi Biff & gang,

Huge MFC fan all my life, have seen it all exept the one that matters, was lucky enough to have my brother play one game for the boys in 1987 which was a huge thrill for me and my dad who played for the Cats in the 50s.
Pretty excited about the current crop, once they get 80-100 games under them and bulk up a bit i think they could really challenge, the key will be getting the odd star recruit-ie Geelong with Ottens, Brisbane with Lynch and Collingwood with Jolly and Ball.
Sometimes all it takes is timing, but at least we are going up not down.
Love the banter that goes on, especially the Scully mege thread, it just grows by the hour, but that will stop soon enough.
Anyway it is great to be a paid up member again and i will continue to support my passion until they put me in the ground wearing my footy jumper.

Good read demonsize.

I'm waiting for someone to troll through the MFC past players to find any who played one game back then. In my life, those were the best days supporting the MFC.

G'day all. CA recommended the other week that I come over here and introduce myself and I've finally made my way over lol.

I'm 23 years old and come from a family that almost entirely consists of long suffering Melbourne supporters. Very excited about the potential of this list, and hopefully we'll be playing finals in the very near future, because this great club has been in the doldrums for far too long.

I tend to spend most of my BF time on the Not Footy Related boards, in particular the Media and Entertainment board, but I will definitely make the effort to be active here on the Melbourne board in the future. :thumbsu:

G'day all. CA recommended the other week that I come over here and introduce myself and I've finally made my way over lol.

I'm 23 years old and come from a family that almost entirely consists of long suffering Melbourne supporters. Very excited about the potential of this list, and hopefully we'll be playing finals in the very near future, because this great club has been in the doldrums for far too long.

I tend to spend most of my BF time on the Not Footy Related boards, in particular the Media and Entertainment board, but I will definitely make the effort to be active here on the Melbourne board in the future. :thumbsu:

Comrade RE - welcome. Hope you stay and share your thoughts with us. Mate, we are all long suffering: just the mere mention of our allegiance is all that is needed !!!

I have received various PMs asking me and CA to 'duntroonise' the newbies: that is not going to happen on our watch :thumbsu:

Good Morning internet world! I've posted a few times and only really just saw this thread now. :p I've followed the dees for the most part of my life and have been a paid up member for the last 10 years. It only dawned on me a few months ago that i could google "footy forums" to share (vent) my passion and have been enjoying biffs previews ever since!

Hi Guys,

I have been a long time Melbourne Supporter and member and go to most games. I have posted a couple of times and am looking to get more involved thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself

Cheers,

Lazza

Good Morning internet world! I've posted a few times and only really just saw this thread now. :p I've followed the dees for the most part of my life and have been a paid up member for the last 10 years. It only dawned on me a few months ago that i could google "footy forums" to share (vent) my passion and have been enjoying biffs previews ever since!

Comrade Guitarded - welcome aboard. My meandering slop previews are easily over-estimated. It will be good to hear your views on the Dees going forward.

Hi Guys,

I have been a long time Melbourne Supporter and member and go to most games. I have posted a couple of times and am looking to get more involved thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself

Cheers,

Lazza
Welcome along Lazza, good to have you about.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Newbies Thread - Don't be Shy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back