MFC Newbies Thread - Don't be Shy

Remove this Banner Ad

Look forward to that day. Been only on this forum a few times even though a member for a fair while. Time to come across on a permanent basis and look forward to chatting with many of you about the mighty Dees! 23 year member and can see the good times coming!!!

Welcome along, long time member. Hope to see you posting around here more often.

Place is getting a lot more traffic these days so a good time to jump on the board.

23 years is a fair effort, well done!

Hey fellas, allow me to introduce myself...

I'm Frank and i'm a very passonate MFC supporter and member. My family are all mad cats supporters so i've come here to hopefully learn and discuss footy in general aswell as support my beloved dees. To be honest I stumbled across this place by accident trying to find some inside news about trade week and have been on every day since so thought i'd join. I'm chuffed to bits to find people as passonate about footy as I am excited to be onboard.

Also i'm a a massive Mitchell Clark supporter and i've had him in my SC and DT teams since 2008 so for him to be a demon is the best news i've possible every heard and thats not exaggerating... bring on next year already

Hey fellas, allow me to introduce myself...

I'm Frank and i'm a very passonate MFC supporter and member. My family are all mad cats supporters so i've come here to hopefully learn and discuss footy in general aswell as support my beloved dees. To be honest I stumbled across this place by accident trying to find some inside news about trade week and have been on every day since so thought i'd join. I'm chuffed to bits to find people as passonate about footy as I am excited to be onboard.

Also i'm a a massive Mitchell Clark supporter and i've had him in my SC and DT teams since 2008 so for him to be a demon is the best news i've possible every heard and thats not exaggerating... bring on next year already

Frank_024 - welcome. My furture sister in law is also from Portland and she barracks for the Dees - I made her buy a membership last year and she has committed to raising any kids in the red and the blue - so you are not alone.

Other than a warning to avoid the usual cranks and weirdos on this forum - and yes, the main one flew back into Australia last week and we had a chat last night - you will find that we are a friendly lot.

We are going to form our own little cheer squad for that day when Scully runs out to play the Dees.

Best wishes, the Moderators

Frank_024 - welcome. My furture sister in law is also from Portland and she barracks for the Dees - I made her buy a membership last year and she has committed to raising any kids in the red and the blue - so you are not alone.

Other than a warning to avoid the usual cranks and weirdos on this forum - and yes, the main one flew back into Australia last week and we had a chat last night - you will find that we are a friendly lot.

We are going to form our own little cheer squad for that day when Scully runs out to play the Dees.

Best wishes, the Moderators
Reckon the AFL will screw us and we'll have to play them just once and at Blacktown.

Hi all, i'm a newbie. Have been a Melbourne member for 12 years but a passionate supporter for a lot longer i have just moved up to the sunshine state. Missing all the footy talk, so am glad to have discovered this little beauty.

Very happy with the Clark trade and the direction the Dees seem to be taking under the direction of Neeld. Cant wait for the season to begin.

Hi all, i'm a newbie. Have been a Melbourne member for 12 years but a passionate supporter for a lot longer i have just moved up to the sunshine state. Missing all the footy talk, so am glad to have discovered this little beauty.

Very happy with the Clark trade and the direction the Dees seem to be taking under the direction of Neeld. Cant wait for the season to begin.

Welcome aboard D2012. If anything comes to mind, please pipe up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys!

I am 15 and I am a mad Melbourne Fan. I'm in Year 9, play football for my school and enjoy my music. Like my username suggests, yes, I am Asian. My parents hate footy so it's a modern day miracle that I have grown up with such a strong love for the sport :D

Anyways, hello everyone and bring on 2012!!!

If I get a chance I'll make my way to the 'G and catch up with some long lost brothers, Biff, Crimson and the rest. :thumbsu:
May also catch up, missed last years meet up. Went to the GC game, but didn't see the meet up thread until afterwards.

Been a member here for a while, but never really posted.

15 year member of the club, never seen a premiership, follower of pretty much any sport you can put a name to.

Love my footy club, but by god, they frustrate the carp out of me.

Hoping that I get to take my 1.5 year old son to at least 1 winning grand final in my lifetime...

Hi everyone, I'm totally not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but can someone pleeeeassse tell me if they know when the 2012 guernseys with the new sponsors are going to be released??

Been a member here for a while, but never really posted.

15 year member of the club, never seen a premiership, follower of pretty much any sport you can put a name to.

Love my footy club, but by god, they frustrate the carp out of me.

Hoping that I get to take my 1.5 year old son to at least 1 winning grand final in my lifetime...

KC 20 - welcome aboard. Thanks for joining us. Have hope: who would have thought that the Handbaggers would win three premierships after 44 years of drought.

We need more Melbourne supporters so cuddle up to the wife again !!!

Long time reader, newly joined member.

Have supported the Demons from birth,and being born one week after our last flag, I would like to know is there anyone else who has had to endure the frustration for this long?

Don't like to get too excited as have endured many false dawns, however I feel the structures being put in place now will make the Melbourne Football Club an exciting place to be in the coming seasons.

Hopefully we can all sit back,buckle up and enjoy the ride.

G'day BD, I have suffered, but not quite as long as you have.

Welcome along, good to have posters with your experience on the board.

Have supported the Demons from birth,and being born one week after our last flag, I would like to know is there anyone else who has had to endure the frustration for this long?

Don't like to get too excited as have endured many false dawns, however I feel the structures being put in place now will make the Melbourne Football Club an exciting place to be in the coming seasons.

My dad was born in the following year... somehow his older brother told him, in the early seventies, that the Demons would be a good team to follow. What?

Welcome aboard old timer, you will be able to relate to the optimism some of our younger members have. As you know, in the 70's we had fantastic starts to the seasons, then when the weather turned bad so did our team...

Dad took me to my 1st Demon game in 65, when I was 5...

Keep an eye out on this site for details about our 'Sponsoring of players' & 'our catch up at the game threads'...

Hey guys

I'm a Demons fan too (of couse, otherwise why I would be here right? haha)

The strange thing is I ain't an aussie as you are neither I was born as a demons fan.

I just chose Demons to follow. I like it :)

Hello Fellow Troopers,

Long time reader of this forum first time writer (to any forum)!

Looking forward to cruising the with you all to the ultimate dream which I am predicting will come in 2015. Been a passionate demons supporter for 30 years and my favorite player will forever be Stephen Tingay, most excited MFC player: Allan Jackovich, MFC Hero: David Neitz and Davis Schwartz in 1994 and when he was wearing the white headband. I have some good sauces to information, but it doesn't always come in frequently, however I look forwarded to spreading with you and receiving all the hidden truths.

Straight up, I just recently learnt that the new coaching group had the financial backing from the board to take the entire list to Arizona during the current preseason but the final decision had to come from the players themselves in a vote. For whatever reason it was the players that voted against the trip and my only conclusion was something related to the EBA. - Source: close friend of Brian Royal.

Therefore Neil Craig is already scoping plans for a high altitude training camp for next preseason to present to the club and the players. Bit concerning to hear the players weren't up for the challenging trip, but then again I don't know much about the day and life of an AFL player and their already contacted commitments away from the football track.

Straight up, I just recently learnt that the new coaching group had the financial backing from the board to take the entire list to Arizona during the current preseason but the final decision had to come from the players themselves in a vote. For whatever reason it was the players that voted against the trip and my only conclusion was something related to the EBA. - Source: close friend of Brian Royal.

Interesting!
Maybe they didn't think it was challenging enough and wanted to do Everest. :confused:

Welcome to the board mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Newbies Thread - Don't be Shy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back