Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was withholding this for as long as I could. Club now needs to be ruthless.

One, or several of these things needs to happen...
1. Voss must fall on his sword.
2. Assistants and Football Department need to be completely revamped.
3. Board must be replaced.
4. Be ruthless at the trade table.

Another wasted season.

I'm not 100% convinced they handle the pressure better. Collingwood have a much better system than us, that makes them more predictable to each other, we don't seem to have that. Confidence also goes a long way with how one plays.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
So you don't think all Collingwoods come from behind and going down to the wire wins last season and this ... is anything to do with being able to handle the pressure and come away with the win time after time ... ok

I don’t love Voss, but this isn’t on him tonight.. basic ****ing set shot goal misses by Charlie, Harry and Jesse should have put this game to bed.. the horrific skill execution is not the coaches fault.. if we execute tonight that’s a simple win..

If I am Voss, I am sending Harry back to the 2s until he kicks a bag of 10, get him some confidence back.,, Our mids and backs work so hard to get these clowns opportunities in front of goal and they fluff the most basic of skill.. no wonder they get demoralised,

Only positive of the game was that Weiters finds some form and confidence with his bunny buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

For whatever reason it’s just not working with Voss. There’s an inability to execute the game plan. Not that it’s one that caters to our strengths anyway. Player confidence is seemingly at an all time low. A few more losses and the players will be completely off Voss. Honestly it doesn’t matter at this point, he has to change it up or he’s gone at seasons end. We can’t waste the prime years of this list, which is a much better list than a team sitting in 12th. Several players need to be moved on also. I won’t name names in the Voss thread.

Tracking like his time at Brisbane. Solid first year then the wheels fall off in the following year and a player exodus ensues.

I don’t love Voss, but this isn’t on him tonight.. basic f a rk ing set shot goal misses by Charlie, Harry and Jesse should have put this game to bed.. the horrific skill execution is not the coaches fault.. if we execute tonight that’s a simple win..

If I am Voss, I am sending Harry back to the 2s until he kicks a bag of 10, get him some confidence back.,, Our mids and backs work so hard to get these clowns opportunities in front of goal and they fluff the most basic of skill.. no wonder they get demoralised,

Only positive of the game was that Weiters finds some form and confidence with his bunny buddy.
The coach dictates what we do at training.
We're obviously not training our skills, and the basics of football, nearly enough.

I don’t love Voss, but this isn’t on him tonight.. basic f a rk ing set shot goal misses by Charlie, Harry and Jesse should have put this game to bed.. the horrific skill execution is not the coaches fault.. if we execute tonight that’s a simple win..

It is completely on him.

First off, the game plan and structure determine where we get our shots at goal. Curnow had three shots from the exact same spot - 50 out on the right hand side. The shots on goal you get happen because of game plan, and ours is a dumpster fire that is providing us with tough shots (at best).

Secondly, the job of the 'coach' is to support the mental space and motivation of the players and get them performing at their best. It's on the coach to figure out how to get them executing routine skills under pressure. This is not happening - not just with goal kicking, but field kicking, marking, every aspect of the game.

I thought Kennedy looked great playing back & Doc was a dominate mid.
Voss magnet work is elite, who else can carefully craft the least effective way to use the players available to you
I think besides Dow, the lack of game plan, the lack of consequence for squib play and the poor choice of sub, this is top 5 of the remaining poor things Voss has done. Docherty is an aa half back and not a very good mid. Kennedy is probably our best goal kicking mid, something we desperately need. our genius decides they should play each other’s position because we need some burst power I assume. If only we had someone in the 2s that could provide it.

Could you try McKay in defence perhaps?

It’s 100% on him. For one he’s the coach so whether he likes it or not he’s accountable. And for two he needs to set a standard which he either hasn’t or hasn’t done enough to drill into the players. The players are not blameless, but there’s no world where Voss can wash his hands of the responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

claude-aftv.gif

Voss is finished.

The only reason he sees this season out is because we’ve got no assistant capable of taking over.

Minimal chance he’s around in 2024, particularly if Dimma or Hinkley are on the market.
Tend to agree and hope for thst.
No way you'd think, in 2023.

Then again, it's Carlton. So...who knows.

Voss is more worried about the massive chip on his shoulder & proving he’s a great coach.
He gives no ****s if he burns the place to the ground while he proves that “his plan” is right.
You see it in selection, the game plan, playing players “where he thinks they are best” & everyone just has to conform to his way of thinking of how the game “should be played”.

Depending on how Geelong goes but Chris Scott is who we should be going after already had a relationship with Cook to if not we try and talk Dimma into with his own support team around him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back