Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, I've read some tripe on here over the many years I've been around, but this takes the cake.

Yeah let's keep this list together so they can keep underachieving as a team.

Let's just keep doing the same thing season after season.

If you didn't notice out there tonight we had zero leaders and zero senior players stepping up to make us look half competitive. Enough is enough with this group.

The coach hasn't transformed the team into anything but a confused looking rabble.

Yeah let's keep this list together so they can keep underachieving as a team.

Let's just keep doing the same thing season after season.

If you didn't notice out there tonight we had zero leaders and zero senior players stepping up to make us look half competitive. Enough is enough with this group.

The coach hasn't transformed the team into anything but a confused looking rabble.
So we should trade our Captain? I agree he hasn't set the world on fire this year but come on mate, trading him is just ridiculous.

So we should trade our Captain? I agree he hasn't set the world on fire this year but come on mate, trading him is just ridiculous.

We should trade an asset that could get us a decent haul of picks to build and actual contending team around Walsh.

Who cares if Cripps is Captain. Maybe he's been part of the problem all along behind the scenes.

Never hired a coach (obviously) but I've hired enough people over the years.

I think you can usually tell within an hour whether the light's on, and they have the kind of quick mind suited to constantly adapting, learning and growing.

From the outside, it looks like coaching an AFL team requires that particular brand of intelligence.

I don't think it's a job for the methodical, reliable types. They're the ones you want next to you in the trenches, but not necessarily the ones you want planning the operation and adapting in real time as it inevitably goes **** up.

Vossy, I'd want in the trenches with me. I think he has a lot of good qualities, but he's miscast in this role. And it seems like he doesn't have the people around him to make up for his deficiencies.

And that's squarely on the people who appointed him.

Should the players wear some blame? Yes. But if I ever found myself working under leadership/management I didn't believe in, I had the freedom to find another job. The players don't really have that luxury. Can't be easy.

A coach sits down each week and sets out a plan to try to win the next game. (NONE of us actually know what that is, we can all assume, but we DON'T know, I know you all think you do but.....) once the players cross the white line it's %110 on them to execute that plan, you know the we DON'T know. He can't be held accountable for shitty passes that miss targets, or missed goals from directly in front, or just poor execution of basic football skills.
I do agree that he should be rewarding players who are playing well and dropping the ones who aren't. But the coach doesn't play the game. the calls that he's lost the player are all purely speculation, in saying that and as we all know this club history with coaches I realise that it doesn't look good for him.

The whole team (bar Charlie and Cerra) look like they need a full reset.

They look lost and unhappy.

It looks very familiar and on the way to end another coaches career. I think he’s lost the players
These players perpetually lose their coaches, time to get down to fixing the real problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should trade an asset that could get us a decent haul of picks to build and actual contending team around Walsh.

Who cares if Cripps is Captain. Maybe he's been part of the problem all along behind the scenes.
And maybe he hasn't. No one on here actually knows what's going on behind the scenes. We should be higher on the ladder but I for one was doubtful we were a top 4 side. I think we will be but as the saying goes "you can't make strawberry jam from pig shit"

A coach sits down each week and sets out a plan to try to win the next game. (NONE of us actually know what that is, we can all assume, but we DON'T know, I know you all think you do but.....) once the players cross the white line it's %110 on them to execute that plan, you know the we DON'T know. He can't be held accountable for shitty passes that miss targets, or missed goals from directly in front, or just poor execution of basic football skills.
I do agree that he should be rewarding players who are playing well and dropping the ones who aren't. But the coach doesn't play the game. the calls that he's lost the player are all purely speculation, in saying that and as we all know this club history with coaches I realise that it doesn't look good for him.
Nope. These players have the same attributes (many better or at least equal) to players at other better performing clubs.
You can feel and see week after week the lack of confidence and freedom in how they are playing.
This falls totally on the messaging, clarity and systems being provided to the players.
We are stuffed unless we can unpick these aspects.

And maybe he hasn't. No one on here actually knows what's going on behind the scenes. We should be higher on the ladder but I for one was doubtful we were a top 4 side. I think we will be but as the saying goes "you can't make strawberry jam from pig s**t"

We have a non existent game plan, a team of slow pokes, terribly skilled players and what seems to be a squad of mentally fragile individuals when under any kind of pressure.

There a few exceptions in the squad that buck those groups trends but they are few and far between.

Given the noise from the Coach and the President we know there's a bit of delusion going on behind the scenes.

I think he needs a break, he seems defeated. Like Eagles with Simpson.

Nope. These players have the same attributes (many better or at least equal) to players at other better performing clubs.
You can feel and see week after week the lack of confidence and freedom in how they are playing.
This falls totally on the messaging, clarity and systems being provided to the players.
We are stuffed unless we can unpick these aspects.
Fair point, But does the lack of confidence and freedom you mention make them handball to a player 2 feet away surrounded by opponents? Or miss a goal / goals from directly in front 30 meters out? or miss a target with a 25 meter kick to team mate. These are basic skill errors that are killing us, I will say that we need an overall in or fwd dept. That whole system is shyte.

We have a non existent game plan, a team of slow pokes, terribly skilled players and what seems to be a squad of mentally fragile individuals when under any kind of pressure.

There a few exceptions in the squad that buck those groups trends but they are few and far between.

Given the noise from the Coach and the President we know there's a bit of delusion going on behind the scenes.
Mate, I can't say anything about the game plan as I have no idea what it is or what it's supposed to be, but the rest is pretty on point. But there's always this kind of speculation when a club that was perceived to finish top 4 is struggling. As I said with this clubs history I think Voss will have a few sleepless nights ahead of him.

Fair point, But does the lack of confidence and freedom you mention make them handball to a player 2 feet away surrounded by opponents? Or miss a goal / goals from directly in front 30 meters out? or miss a target with a 25 meter kick to team mate. These are basic skill errors that are killing us, I will say that we need an overall in or fwd dept. That whole system is shyte.
Yes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back