Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Jed is at the end (hopefully) of a long list of a failed strategy - turn midfielders into a defensive high half forward. Think of it, examples that come to mind, they almost killed Boak’s career, Will Snelling (wins Margery playing midfield), Sam Gray (if I remember correctly, got 3 Brownlow votes as a midfielder in the AFL team on two consecutive occasions, then banished), and Jed McEntee.

Years of doing the same thing and getting the same result.

I do not blame Jed one bit. He has talent, just not used to his strengths.

Jed is at the end (hopefully) of a long list of a failed strategy - turn midfielders into a defensive high half forward. Think of it, examples that come to mind, they almost killed Boak’s career, Will Snelling (wins Margery playing midfield), Sam Gray (if I remember correctly, got 3 Brownlow votes as a midfielder in the AFL team on two consecutive occasions, then banished), and Jed McEntee.

Years of doing the same thing and getting the same result.

I do not blame Jed one bit. He has talent, just not used to his strengths.

Hear me out here, but I heard some clubs recruit junior half forwards to play ... at half forward! Crazy I know, but it just might work.

On McEntee, I had a look back at his draft profile. Midfield, midfield, midfield. But at Port ...

Hear me out here, but I heard some clubs recruit junior half forwards to play ... at half forward! Crazy I know, but it just might work.

On McEntee, I had a look back at his draft profile. Midfield, midfield, midfield. But at Port ...
And when he gets dropped to the Magpies he plays in the midfield not as a defensive small forward. Hinkley thinking at its best

And when he gets dropped to the Magpies he plays in the midfield not as a defensive small forward. Hinkley thinking at its best

I thought the Maggies were bad BECAUSE we were treating it as a practice for the Power.

Now, I am lost.

Lol yes, pad his stats so he can justify bringing him back to the AFL team.

If Geelong advance to to the grand final including Port, and Chris Scott brings in Tom Stewart. Does Ken Hinkley bring in Jed Mcentee to tag?

Could Jed become.. 2024 premiership player Jed Mcentee? boy oh boy

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back