Miracle comeback? No. Pathetic opposition? Yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

MilburnforPM

Rookie
Jul 17, 2004
London, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dundee United, Sunderland
I love it how the footy reporters are already going on about what a miracle was that the Eagles came back to beat us this afternoon.. what happened was no miracle nor was it really a surprise.

As usual we got a decent lead up, even managed to stem the flow a couple of times when it looked like the Eagles were going to overrun us durin junk time 2nd and 3rd quarters, but when we went into 3 quarter time you could almost see what was going to happen. Our blokes overworked themselves for 3 quarters and the Eagles had the wind in the last, most of the guys (especially the older blokes) had played their game by the time the last quarter started, and the younger blokes are just not capable yet of being able to hold on to a good lead. Which is not to say that the guys who were dropped for this week would've been able to do any better, infact I don't think we would've had as big a lead during the 3rd if we'd had Kant and Playfair up there today anyway!

I guess all I'm saying is I think most of us who know the way we play probably saw today's result coming before the 3rd quarter had even finished.

MilburnforPM said:
I guess all I'm saying is I think most of us who know the way we play probably saw today's result coming before the 3rd quarter had even finished.

Yes. Sad, but true.

Just a fact of life when you follow the Cats.:(

Man, this is so annoying.

4qtrs Geelong!

Attack Geelong!

Trying to hold a lead has never worked for us.

Look at '89. It was all attack and because of this the defence didn't have to work so hard.

It's nearly 3 hours after the game and I'm still mad.:mad:

skankfest said:
Yes. Sad, but true.

Just a fact of life when you follow the Cats.:(

Man, this is so annoying.

4qtrs Geelong!

Attack Geelong!

Trying to hold a lead has never worked for us.

Look at '89. It was all attack and because of this the defence didn't have to work so hard.

It's nearly 3 hours after the game and I'm still mad.:mad:

When he was coaching West Coast, Malthouse described Geelong as "the hardest to stop and the easiest to catch."

Pretty good description that, still applys today.

God I am sick of this.

MilburnforPM said:

You are exactly right.
Thompson MUST have seen it coming. I wonder what he said to the players at 3 quarter time. The injuries that occured during the game made a big difference in the game I think. We didn't have the flexibility to change much during the "saving" process of the game. It hurts so much when you can see the loss coming and you just have to sit back and watch. :(

captain dewy said:
attack or dont, all 18 back or attack.
love th emalthous equote, definatley stiil accurate.

A neutral supporters watched the game on TV. some comments

- WCE simply ran the game out. Kerr in the 3rd Q and Cousin in the 4 Qtr. Cats could not go with them.

- Mooney fantastic but ran out of legs.

- Some bad turnovers/ dropped marks in the last qtr.

- Ottens a ruckman not a full fwd but cant he run out games. If Cats wanted a fwd why recruit a ruck / fwd type. Still cant work that out.

- I tipped the Cats ..but have to credit to the Eagles. That was an amazing win.

- Steve Johnson frustared me !

jess_555 said:
You are exactly right.
Thompson MUST have seen it coming. I wonder what he said to the players at 3 quarter time. The injuries that occured during the game made a big difference in the game I think. We didn't have the flexibility to change much during the "saving" process of the game. It hurts so much when you can see the loss coming and you just have to sit back and watch. :(

54 points up...36 at 3/4 time...

I can't blame for for not seeing it coming.

The buck stops with the players in regards to this one, IMO.

You supporters are pathetic.

I can't believe how intent you are on wallowing.

I bet that you were all up and about and completely positive after your NAB Cup win.

How can you allow yourselves to jump ship so quickly?

NEWSFLASH: Sticking the boot into your team isn't going to inspire them to play better.

Grow up.

Gunnar Longshanks said:

I bet that you were all up and about and completely positive after your NAB Cup win.

NEWSFLASH: Sticking the boot into your team isn't going to inspire them to play better.

Grow up.

Ten bloody years of being positive and halting at sticking the boot into the team. We Cats supporters are tired of this crap and trying to be positive about it. 42 years since our last premiership, failed attempts since then, and nothing but positive comments from us to the team and the coaching staff. We have no choice but to stick the boot in, coz sure as hell, we've tried everything else...

If it's any consolation, once the 4th quarter started only one other team would've been able to stop our run. Sydney. You guys let us back in and we clicked into gear in a way you only see once or twice a year. If you can somehow get over this and put in a similar performance, you should be able to beat most other sides.

Gunnar Longshanks said:

Grow up.

Pi55 off front runner. As usual you've got no idea :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunnar Longshanks said:

Grow up.

***** off.

Soz, wait thats already been taken care of!

Remove this Banner Ad

Miracle comeback? No. Pathetic opposition? Yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back