Preview Rd 20 Geelong v North Sat July 27 2024 145 pm @ Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absurd and unsubstantiated?
You said it- the coaches know more than we do.
There's the substance- despite Parfitt having missed many games in the last 2 years, in the same period, Hardie has played how many?
Zilch. Why?
Parfitt has limitations, and last Saturday was a shocker, but early this year, he belonged, and looked like an AFL player in a Cats team that won 7-0.
You can choose to forget that he even received coaches' votes.
I can not rate Hardie based on VFL, and until he gets promoted, evidently, his limitations must be enough to keep him in the VFL
Nice recovery. Turning my logic back at me. However your rating of Hardie seems to be based on other's assessments, the match committee, rather than your own observations. Watch a VFL game and decide for yourself. That's the primary reason I rate him. The Official AFL App shows all VFL games live. Visit the App Store on iPhone or whatever it is if you have Android.

Nice recovery. Turning my logic back at me. However your rating of Hardie seems to be based on other's assessments, the match committee, rather than your own observations. Watch a VFL game and decide for yourself. That's the primary reason I rate him. The Official AFL App shows all VFL games live. Visit the App Store on iPhone or whatever it is if you have Android.
If I did rely on VFL performances, there are many players who should have played more games.
I am not in the know, and your perception is true- I have not seen a lot of Hardie at all.
I hope you are correct, that he gets his chance, as I doubt Parf will get back in for starters, and if Hardie does get in, we may have another revelation player.

I have asked a few people a few times to point out a specific game or time within a game of vfl where Hardie has dominated. I haven't watched a lot of vfl this year but what I've seen hasn't knocked my socks off.

Point me at his best work so I can spool up the internet and watch

I’ve always been impressed with Stanley in the ruck on goldy. Maybe even Xerri recently? But you’d know more about him now so
Physically shot, and had to be convinced to play on this year as it is.

Big family man, and finally got his flag in '22. Can hardly blame the guy for losing the hunger, but it's just where we're at with him

Been a good servant, but we'd be better off playing anybody over 6'5 in the ruck over Stanley circa 2024.

I have asked a few people a few times to point out a specific game or time within a game of vfl where Hardie has dominated. I haven't watched a lot of vfl this year but what I've seen hasn't knocked my socks off.

Point me at his best work so I can spool up the internet and watch
Tends to stat pad a bit and I think in general people obsess over the numbers too much, would think the reason hes not being picked is hes not hurting the opposition enough with his possessions.

There's a number of regulars around here who've been watching VFL matches across the season and don't rate Hardie that highly based on what they've seen - he's a nice player but a bit meh, and can see why the MC haven't pulled the trigger on a debut

Hardie reminds me of Constable - both could get their hands on the ball on the VFL, but didn't see the hurt or x-factor from either player that screamed "pick me". While there's other players that I get drawn to watching during matches, and can see aspects of their game translating to senior level

Hardie looks a good VFL player & there's nothing wrong if that's his level - it's a league many would dream of getting the chance to play at

Parfitt has offered Geel , 1000% of absolutely nothing for the best part of 3 years

The facts , he is a very ordinary kick , helicopters , floaters which are lucky to travel 40-45 metres , plus he has got no pace whatsoever , he is a shuffler . Sam Simpson who was cleared to the Perth Demons in the WAFL and he hasnt set the world on fire in that competition was a better footballer than Parfitt

Parfitt is most most fortunate player to have a Premiership medallion in my opinion , selected as sub in the 22 GF and he can thank his great mate C Scott for that , in my opinion a bizarre and unfair selection ahead of Menegola who was a far better footballer , kicked alot more goals for Geel and important goals in some games for Geel , and could kick a football properly , 60 metre drop punts with penetration
This. 100%. Would have loved Sam to get a medal.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tends to stat pad a bit and I think in general people obsess over the numbers too much, would think the reason hes not being picked is hes not hurting the opposition enough with his possessions.
100%.

We're also in a quasi-rebuild, and rightly or wrongly, Mitch Hardie won't be on the list in 2025, and therefore isn't in the plans for that rebuild.

Bruhn, Holmes, Clark, Bowes, Mannagh, Dempsey, Clohesy, and whoever else he's competing with for a spot will be, and that's why they're being prioritised.

That's without counting Dangerfield, Stewart, Duncan, Touhy, and to a much lesser degree MOC & Parfitt, who are also going to be given games ahead of him in positions he could play.

He's a very good VFL player - a level most could only dream of being - but that's all he is.

Can someone tell me what they see in Knevitt as a player? Both now and where he might play in the future?
Was an earlyish pick and still young so would love to see him flourish but I haven’t seen anything at afl or vfl level to show me he will.

Yeah the involvements I've noticed from him are usually link up at half back but I'm assuming I'm missing something

Can someone tell me what they see in Knevitt as a player? Both now and where he might play in the future?
Was an earlyish pick and still young so would love to see him flourish but I haven’t seen anything at afl or vfl level to show me he will.
Hes probably the second best contested mark on the list and decent by foot. Massive tank.

Slow as treacle though and I think maybe the gym program has added mass and slowed him down further because he's definitely worse this year.

If he's this slow then I would say he's a failure in the midfield but you keep adding mass to that 194cm frame then you could end up with a really good key or intercept defender or even a KPF who get involves at ground level.

Hes probably the second best contested mark on the list and decent by foot. Massive tank.

Slow as treacle though and I think maybe the gym program has added mass and slowed him down further because he's definitely worse this year.

If he's this slow then I would say he's a failure in the midfield but you keep adding mass to that 194cm frame then you could end up with a really good key or intercept defender or even a KPF who get involves at ground level.

Agree I find it a bit odd he hasn’t been trialled at half back.

You’re seeing more in Knevitt than me. Very limited player who won’t get another contract.

Lost a little bit of faith last week.

But like his marking as an option. Has good hands in close too.

I worry how little they use him, which doesn’t bode well for him.

They need to find another spot him.

Ladies & Gentleman, don't stop looking until you find yourselves a partner who rates you like Finknottle does Mitch Hardie.

Divorce rates would plummet across the country.

I'm firmly with Finknottle. I highly suspect those that don't rate Hardie haven't seen him play this year. He was clearly better than Bruhn last weekend. I'm not arguing that Hardie should've been selected ahead of Bruhn this week (purely due to age profile), but he definitely should have been selected ahead of Parfitt last week.

Maybe he won't be up to AFL level if he gets a go, but we know for certain that Parfitt isn't AFL level. If we're given games to guys like Parfitt and Bews, then Hardie certainly deserves his chance.

This is garbage and an easy excuse to give without having to provide any evidence. Hardie is a smart user of the ball and rarely makes mistakes, kicks a goal or two most weeks also.

Just occurred to me…does bews getting back in ahead of MOC mean anything for MOC future? Understand different players but could argue that MOC could play lock down defender?

MOC just signed 2 year extension but doesn’t look like they think he is best 25 right now?

Geelong Footy Club just out there trying to remind us all that time is an illusion and there's only one moment and it's now.

🕉️ 😻 🕉️

floating white cat GIF by lilcozynostril

I'm firmly with Finknottle. I highly suspect those that don't rate Hardie haven't seen him play this year. He was clearly better than Bruhn last weekend. I'm not arguing that Hardie should've been selected ahead of Bruhn this week (purely due to age profile), but he definitely should have been selected ahead of Parfitt last week.

Maybe he won't be up to AFL level if he gets a go, but we know for certain that Parfitt isn't AFL level. If we're given games to guys like Parfitt and Bews, then Hardie certainly deserves his chance.

Bruhn was comfortably the best player on ground in last week's VFL - main question in regards to him even during the match was if the cautious approach should have been taken or if he should have been straight back into the seniors. He was clearly a class above our other senior listed players

As for Parfitt playing last week, it was suggested by those in the know that Clohesy was in line to replace Atkins as the late change which would have left Parfitt as the carry-over not playing. It's when Neale was then also withdrawn that Parfitt edged out Ted for selection - and considering how Parfitt has played in the wet previously, can understand the thought process behind that call

But in regards to Hardie, where does he fit in now that we've clearly changed our structure and our core midfield rotation?

All season through to the Carlton game & even half-time of the Essendon game, each match we were running half a dozen odd players through the midfield rotation & centre bounce attendances - excluding our ruck, we'd often have 6/7 players with double digit CBAs

We made an obvious change during the Essendon, and from the time Stewart went into the guts against Essendon, that core midfield rotation is down to 3 with obvious support from one other - excluding SDK as ruck, now it's 4 players max with double digit CBAs

Dangerfield & Stewart are part of that core, along with Atkins (in his games) and they've been supported by Bowes. In Atkins absence last week it was Bowes & Parfitt rotating in during the first half, Holmes in the 3rd quarter and then we opened it up in the last after the match was lost

Based on his performances in the VFL, Hardie is best suited as an inside mid - who does he replace in that core rotation between Dangerfield, Stewart & this week Bruhn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back