Mitch Clark - The SQL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mitch Clark - The sequal

I find it highly ironic that Freo fans are criticising Lions fans for saying he was a first round pick and has had one good year when those were the exact reasons why they thought Palmer had value.

Admittedly, those were indicators outlined by the AFL but that puts even more weight to the point that they do in fact matter regarding Clark.

An AFL-designed algorithm for deciding GWS/GCS compensation picks has no relevance. That algorithm was created to impart objectivity into such an highly artificial scenario. The AFL invents those compensation picks, they are artificial and they can give out as many as they like -- in other words, they have no value to the AFL. What we are discussing is contextual. The Freo management, much to your ill-placed bemusement, must consider its list and what it has to offer -- our picks and players have value to us. How much is he worth to Freo? And in such a context, who gives a **** whether he went at pick 1 or with the final pick of the rookie draft. All that matters is his value to the team that is trading for him (of course, his value to Brisbane matters, but this is diminished greatly by that magical back door: the pre-season draft).

The economy of compensation picks is entirely different and has no bearing on trading. You haven't thought this through at all.

Palmer (past top10draft pick) compo pick = Clark (past top 10 draft pick).
I.e pick 19/20ish is fair.
Now get on with it, bring on the draft and Chrissie holidays.

Thursday Offer 2nd round Pick
Friday Offer 3rd round Pick
Monday Offer 2 round Pick (or compo pick if Bondy is feeling generous)

Watch hand get bit off!

I have a feeling this is on the money.

Do I think it's fair compensation? Absolutely not.
But do we need to offer fair compensation in this case? I think the proof will be in the pudding by the end of trade week...

I have a feeling this is on the money.

Do I think it's fair compensation? Absolutely not.
But do we need to offer fair compensation in this case? I think the proof will be in the pudding by the end of trade week...

Apuchar's comment above certainly strengthens our position and weakens Brisbanes.

Think we're in pole.

Summary

Fremantle: Clark's got some potential but hasn't reached it yet. He wants to come to us and just us. Here's our compo pick.

Brisbane: But we got him in the top ten 5 seasons back. We can't go back to Vossy with less than that!

Fremantle: STFU. Compo pick off the table. Here's MJ.

Mitch Clark has just said he will not be playing for west coast.

Channel 10 news

hmm, not quite.

The report said (almost word for word) "reports were that West Coast would trade their first pick and Scott Lycett for Clark but his manager said that would not be the case".

Quite ambiguous, could have almost been referring to Lycett's manager ?

hmm, not quite.

The report said (almost word for word) "reports were that West Coast would trade their first pick and Scott Lycett for Clark but his manager said that would not be the case".

I was quoting Lachy not the manager. The other news stations will all say something different betcha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hmm, not quite.

Apparently Brisbane enquired about Lycett and W/C,s first round pick as a deal and West Coast agreed to look at it .Might be hard for Freo to trump that.:(

Apparently Brisbane enquired about Lycett and W/C,s first round pick as a deal and West Coast agreed to look at it .Might be hard for Freo to trump that.:(

I reckon in the next day or so, Clark will come out and say that he wants to play at Freo only. That will kill off Brisbane's hand and force them to get the trade done, and Bondy will offer a little bit more to the Palmer PP to make Brisbane feel as though we are feeling guilty about Clark's stance.

I reckon in the next day or so, Clark will come out and say that he wants to play at Freo only. That will kill off Brisbane's hand and force them to get the trade done, and Bondy will offer a little bit more to the Palmer PP to make Brisbane feel as though we are feeling guilty about Clark's stance.

Clark must sign off on the trade right??

So he can say no if the teams,that being both WC and Lions come to a suitable trade...

Don't see it eventuating. that would mean they would be giving there first round pick just to get an upgrade of Lycett. Doesn't seem worth it.

Let him go to WC, if they want to overload their list with certain types of players, and commit a large part of their salary cap, let them go for it.
Im happy with our 3 ruckman, and I think Kep and Pav as the talls, if the small brigade is effective is more than enough up forward.
Dont think we will be agreeing to any silly trades this time round.

And as has been said, in this case fair is not relevant, only the price Freo or WC are willing to pay is.

Colin Young on 6PR said:

1. Thinks deal should be done by this time tomorrow;
2. Doesn't believe West Coast have any particular interest in Clark;
3. Clark didn't entertain GWS, he wants to come home;
4. If it was up to Young, it would be early pick and compo pick to get it done;
5. Young isn't involved in negotiations between Freo and Brisbane;
6. Freo were desperately trying to get Jaeger.

Colin Young on the radio said a deal hoping to be done by tomorrow Its Freo or bust I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back