Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute gun you've got to be kidding me.. Averaged 13 disposals across his 5 stand-out games. Broke the low bar of 100 supercoach points once. Now I'm unsure if it's out of control emotions or a complete lack of footy knowledge
I couldn’t give a toss about ridiculous SuperCoach crap or disposal averages... that’s secondary to actually seeing the bloke on the field on game day.

And after just a few games it’s pretty evident that the lad is gonna be a star... goes in hard at the ball, great mark, great extremely accurate field kick, reads the play bloody well, nearly always makes the correct decision. A competitive beast. Just looks like a bloody great footballer is about to bust out of him.

He’s gonna be a great player for Essendon for the next decade or so. I’m ****** spewing he isn’t going to come home to Adelaide now like it looked he might..

but at the same time after all the heartache the poor bastard has gone through over the past couple of years, I’m just glad he seems to have pulled through and is finally getting back on track.. Absolutely terrible thing for a lad to have to go through.

Anyways, enough of Francis... this is the MM thread.

Crows fans need to go through history books to see how consistently wrong they are on these matters. Most delusional sporting fan base on earth I reckon
I suggest you keep to the thread title ....rather than attempt to bring history in as a McGovern argument ......it's normally a debating method used, when you're bereft of a valid argument

Please, you need to check the list of players having medicals with you & with whom you're linked .....that's not my job to keep you informed

Don't stress about us we will be fine we have currency. Thanks for your concern though much appreciated

Well what exactly do you want for him?

No wait, I’ll answer that. You want Luko or Rankine which will require a top 3 pic.
On no planet is MCG worth a top 3 Pk, no matter what his contract status is.
You need to separate this line of thought from this discussion, otherwise you will get absolutely nowhere.
Don't ask the question & then proceed to think you know the answer ......for the 30th time (obviously you're not reading posts) .......pick #10 - #12 is the correct level in this draft

Don't stress about us we will be fine we have currency. Thanks for your concern though much appreciated
Aaahhh .....another whose debt exceeds their income .......thank god for a Credit Card huh :p

Do we really have to go through this again?

Just because you or Adelaide don’t think it affects his price on the open market doesn’t mean it doesn’t.

If you guys can’t be reasonable and accept that his price is lowered because of the circumstances, then no deal gets done.
I’d take McGovern for the right price, but certainly wouldn’t pay overs for him just cause you guys keep insisting.

We’ll then, by all means keep him and keep playing him when he is soo unhappy being there, and take a risk not only on his future but also his future worth to your club.

Carry on :)

Clutching at straws much? You obviously didn't see what happened with the Cam McCarthy trade a year after sitting out of football :rolleyes:

He's not GWS' problem now either is he? Freo got the arse end of that deal, GWS still made out like bandits.

If Gov stays he'll either sit out for a year and risk his own future, or play his guts out for a year to attract the best possible offers salary-wise.

Don't be "soo" naive.

Don't ask the question & then proceed to think you know the answer ......for the 30th time (obviously you're not reading posts) .......pick #10 - #12 is the correct level in this draft
Obviously you hadn’t read 5 pages back when some of your fellow supporters said they’d be happy with 13.
There was actually some considered, balanced conversation going on back then.

Just because you or Adelaide don’t think it affects his price on the open market doesn’t mean it doesn’t.

If you guys can’t be reasonable and accept that his price is lowered because of the circumstances, then no deal gets done.
I’d take McGovern for the right price, but certainly wouldn’t pay overs for him just cause you guys keep insisting.

Fine his price is lowered (not that I agree but wtf)

It's lowered from a premium because he is contracted for the next two years. Please don't tell me that doesn't matter either.

So that makes it a fair value at the absolute lowest. Not a discount.

If Carlton give us a late first rounder for him then you will pay overs, which is probably what will happen.

Oh and i’m 100% correct.
You are trying to turn MCG into Luko/Rankine.
Don’t spout crap that you’re not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you hadn’t read 5 pages back when some of your fellow supporters said they’d be happy with 13.
There was actually some considered, balanced conversation going on back then.
#13 would include steak knives ......as it'll drop to #14 due to Lynch compo

Oh and i’m 100% correct.
You are trying to turn MCG into Luko/Rankine.
Don’t spout crap that you’re not.
Of course we are .....but it won't be 1 first round pick .....it'll be 2 first round picks, if it's to be tabled

But of course Carlton isn't the only option to get 1 of the 2 .......GC and Saints come into play ...particularly Saints who only have #4 and #57 & have to pay for Hannebery

Clutching at straws much? You obviously didn't see what happened with the Cam McCarthy trade a year after sitting out of football :rolleyes:

He's not GWS' problem now either is he? Freo got the arse end of that deal, GWS still made out like bandits.

If Gov stays he'll either sit out for a year and risk his own future, or play his guts out for a year to attract the best possible offers salary-wise.

Don't be "soo" naive.

You think it’s me being naive? Lol

The fact that you think a player that has made it very public that he is unhappy at his club and wants out, will be a good asset to maintain is laughable.

Eventually you will end up trading him out or he will leave when his contract is up, but make no mistake about it, this year will be the highest value you will get offered for him if he stays at the crows.

#13 would include steak knives ......as it'll drop to #14 due to Lynch compo
Yep... as Hamish O said when asked off the cuff about McGovern a few weeks ago.along the lines of... “it’s not often other teams chase your players and throw up picks in the 5-10 range, so when it happens you have to look at it”...

13, or 14, alone won’t do it... maybe with Mcadam thrown in it might.. but mcadam is a massive risk..

OMG
You can have pick 356 as well then, or Sam Kerridge back.
FFS
You see, your culture is to always take the short-cut .....seek the cheap option ....that's why you've never recovered from your sanctions

We've been to a GF since our two years of draft sanctions .....what's your excuse ?

It’s up to Carlton to turn 24 and 25 into something and then give it to us...we have something Carlton wants not the other way around.

No, you have someone who doesnt want to be there. We are the beneficiaries of alleged culture issues at Adelaide.

The rumours of us chasing him whilst he was contracted this year have all but been quashed. He will also be reportedly on similar money at Carlton so its not a payday he's chasing. Whats he running from?

Yep... as Hamish O said when asked off the cuff about McGovern a few weeks ago.along the lines of... “it’s not often other teams chase your players and throw up picks in the 5-10 range, so when it happens you have to look at it”...

13, or 14, alone won’t do it... maybe with Mcadam thrown in it might.. but mcadam is a massive risk..
Are we listening people?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back