Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

These are his main reasons.

Would love to hear what you think since you believe you have closer contacts...

McGovern told Don Pyke to his face at his exit meeting that "He has lost faith in the direction of the Club". Pyke then agreed he should go.

His manager stated this and McGovern, when specicifically asked to confirm if this was accurate, stated "Yes".

He aint returning to AFC.

Are they?

His manager came out and rubbished the notion he's moving for money.

No doubt you'll respond that he is not to be trusted, but I'd say he knows a fair bit more about what is going on than you do.

I have no contacts and I have never pretended otherwise. Not sure what you're on about.
The thread should be about what the trade will be, you have quoted his manager will most likely know what is going on

Which is fair to say

Do you also believe the AFC are the best ones to advise on what they will accept and 24 and 25 wont do it

Or are you a hypocrite

I actually dont care why hes leaving just what we will get

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

McGovern told Don Pyke to his face at his exit meeting that "He has lost faith in the direction of the Club". Pyke then agreed he should go.

His manager stated this and McGovern, when specicifically asked to confirm if this was accurate, stated "Yes".

He aint returning to AFC.
And your thoughts on the AFC saying 24 and 25 wont get the deal done

The thread should be about what the trade will be, you have quoted his manager will most likely know what is going on

Which is fair to say

Do you also believe the AFC are the best ones to advise on what they will accept and 24 and 25 wont do it

Or are you a hypocrite

I actually dont care why hes leaving just what we will get

I have said that I believe a pick in the 15-25 range is right given the circumstances.

Adelaide's comments are all part of the negotiations. Just last year the Dogs were adamant they weren't trading Stringer unless they received a high first round pick in return - what happened?

And your thoughts on the AFC saying 24 and 25 wont get the deal done

Chris Grant said exactly the same thing about a player last year who was never returning to the club. It is basic rhetoric.

Look, i don't know what McGovern will cost. I actually rate him higher than most non Adelaide fans. I would have been happy handing over Pick 12 if the AFL had of given that to use on McGovern. But now that we're playing with our Picks, i think we will hold firmer.

My main point is that he is not returning to AFC because he has publicly stated that he has lost faith in the Club. The coach has agreed that as that is the case, then he should leave. It is over. He isn't returning to AFC. They live in each others pockets these days for 320 days a year. Buy in is total these days and especially needed in Adelaide next year after this years happenings.

This takes away the "contract premium" that AFC would otherwise have.

I'm confident a fair deal will be reached. But unfortunately for the few AFC fans who are dreaming of revenge for overpaying for Gibbs, it won't happen in this case.

I have said that I believe a pick in the 15-25 range is right given the circumstances.

Adelaide's comments are all part of the negotiations. Just last year the Dogs were adamant they weren't trading Stringer unless they received a high first round pick in return - what happened?
Oh so we believe the manager although he doesn't want to make his client look like a money hungry grub

But you wont believe the AFC

I think that's what you call a hypocrite

His thoughts are what everyone else’s thoughts are.

That Adelaide are playing hard ball right now, but in the end will accept the offer rather than keep a player that doesn’t have faith in the club he’s playing for
So you are discounting anything said by the club but let's listen to BF posters now that makes sense

NOT

And yet he's still very clearly a more credible source than Adelaide supporters in this thread.

I don't know how you could seriously argue to the contrary.

I don't believe money is a huge motivating factor here for Mitch but I'm not silly enough to suggest I know for certain.

Sounds like he's going to be on a very similar contract to that which he is on at Adelaide.
How do you explain Young coming out during the season categorically debunking the rumours Gov wanted to leave for Carlton & that he was committed to fulfilling his contract at Adelaide?

... for the same reason he had since come out with different explanations as to why Gov wants to leave... yet funny enough has not mentioned that he has been offered significantly more money for being the #1 forward.

Oh so we believe the manager although he doesn't want to make his client look like a money hungry grub

But you wont believe the AFC

I think that's what you call a hypocrite

I absolutely believe Adelaide is using that as the starting point of the negotiations.

Time will tell as to whether they change that over the next few weeks.

You really need to relax, you're working yourself into a frenzy.

You say he’s not entirely happy off the field, as though he has issues outside of the club and needs to address those.

Mate, his issue is the club.
It’s the club he has an issue with and wants to get away from, so retaining someone on your list who has issues with the club itself is a foolish risk to take
Yet he still performed this year which is the key point if he stays, as the rest of your post is irrelevant bluster.

You say that you like to stick to facts but then go on to say that money is a major factor when his manager has stated he will be on similar money to what he was on at Adelaide.

Where have you heard he left to be #1 key forward?
He will be on more money. Happy for you to bump my posts when it all comes out.

This along with his great relationship with Teague & not being the 3rd forward behind Tex & JJ are big reasons behind his decision... a long with his girlfriend studying in Melbourne.

How do you explain Young coming out during the season categorically debunking the rumours Gov wanted to leave for Carlton & that he was committed to fulfilling his contract at Adelaide?

MM may not have made his mind up at that stage, or he may have wanted to divert attention away from the situation until a more appropriate time.

Regardless, I'm not trying to change your mind and it appears you'll believe whatever makes this pill to swallow a little less bitter, so if you are of the belief he's money hungry and that's the main reason he's out of there, good luck to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are discounting anything said by the club but let's listen to BF posters now that makes sense

NOT

It’s not about discounting what the club has said, it’s about recognising that what the club is saying is a negotiation tactic.

In the end, it’s untenable for Adelaide to keep a player (who has told the club and let it be known publicly) that he no longer believes in the club.

Look, as many on here have tried to point out, this isn’t a player that wants to leave for personal reasons and a solution can be worked out, this is a player that has decided that he wants to leave straight after signing a 3 year deal because he feels him staying at the club Is affecting him.

So after all the negotiating tactics Adelaide try, either Adelaide Cut their losses and get the best they can for him, or keep him on the list hoping he will give his all to a club he has confessed he doesn’t buy into anymore.

MM may not have made his mind up at that stage, or he may have wanted to divert attention away from the situation until a more appropriate time.

Regardless, I'm not trying to change your mind and it appears you'll believe whatever makes this pill to swallow a little less bitter, so if you are of the belief he's money hungry and that's the main reason he's out of there, good luck to you.
Whether he had made up his mind or not is irrelevant as the rumours were true... yet his manager Young blatantly lied to protect his client.

Yet you wish to take everything Young says as gospel...when I have said he has a history of being lax with the truth.

You won't change my mind on this as the facts of Young's statements speak for themselves.

Yet you wish to take everything Young says as gospel...when I have said he has a history of being lax with the truth.

Where have I said this?

I've simply said he's more likely to know what's going on than a few emotional Adelaide fans on BigFooty.

Not sure that's so unreasonable.

Where have I said this?

I've simply said he's more likely to know what's going on than a few emotional Adelaide fans on BigFooty.

Not sure that's so unreasonable.
Sure he knows what is going on, but what he is communicating in the press is another thing entirely!

Are you going to point out where I said his words are to be treated as gospel?
You said he his to be believed more than Crows fans... yet he has openly lied.

Which of the 3 reasons I have given is incorrect as you were intimating?

You said he his to be believed more than Crows fans... yet he has openly lied.

As opposed to the bitter Adelaide supporters here who are of course saints and have no reason to do anything other than tell the truth. :confused:

Which of the 3 reasons I have given is incorrect as you were intimating?

Incorrect? Maybe none of the above.

But obviously the money is the one I have the greatest issue with seeing as though I mentioned that originally.

You go right ahead and think of him as a mercenary, but all reasonable evidence seems to suggest it is the issues at the club that have had a far more profound impact on his decision, than the contract offer from Carlton.

Would be interesting if on the last day of trades the deal is not done and McGovern gets told by Crows the blues wont cough up the required trade value they place on him and that he either could return to Adelaide or settle to go to another club - Hawks , Saints , North , Bombers

Whats peoples thoughts on McGovern's decision if this was to occur

Would be interesting if on the last day of trades the deal is not done and McGovern gets told by Crows the blues wont cough up the required trade value they place on him and that he either could return to Adelaide or settle to go to another club - Hawks , Saints , North , Bombers

That's a pretty specific hypothetical, which is made even more the more unlikely by MM already nominating us, giving both clubs a long period of time to work out a trade.

I'd be surprised if it isn't done early in the trade period.

Very simple answer here - if his manager was any good, he would have already discussed proposed deals with the 3 other clubs he said were interested before McGovern noted Carlton as his preference so that in the event Carlton don't come to the party and give what the crows are asking, that these clubs can then step up and make the offer if they want him and can satisfy the crows trade wise. That is what a good manager would do for his client if there was any inkling it looked like it was going to be hard for Carlton to pay what the crows want

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back