Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

You said he his to be believed more than Crows fans... yet he has openly lied.

Which of the 3 reasons I have given is incorrect as you were intimating?

The AFC also came out and denied the "Mitch wants out" rumours when they first cropped up. Not sure what you'd expect from his manager in that scenario while the season is in play.

So the list of people and organisations we cant trust are as follows:

Young
The AFC
The media (Boo! Hiss!)

With only Mitch and Carlton the only ones who have been bastions of ethics and morality throughout this affair. Not sure if we can trust Jeremy. Looks like a shifty campaigner. Happy to be corrected.

Very simple answer here - if his manager was any good, he would have already discussed proposed deals with the 3 other clubs he said were interested before McGovern noted Carlton as his preference so that in the event Carlton don't come to the party and give what the crows are asking, that these clubs can then step up and make the offer if they want him and can satisfy the crows trade wise. That is what a good manager would do for his client if there was any inkling it looked like it was going to be hard for Carlton to pay what the crows want

Yeah he'd be over other offers no doubt. He'd know that all clubs aren't close to offering a top 10 pick as that is much more than his trade value. The AFL is an industry with many avenues for the valuation of a player, BF foamers are not the first avenue.

Chris Grant said exactly the same thing about a player last year who was never returning to the club. It is basic rhetoric.

Look, i don't know what McGovern will cost. I actually rate him higher than most non Adelaide fans. I would have been happy handing over Pick 12 if the AFL had of given that to use on McGovern. But now that we're playing with our Picks, i think we will hold firmer.

My main point is that he is not returning to AFC because he has publicly stated that he has lost faith in the Club. The coach has agreed that as that is the case, then he should leave. It is over. He isn't returning to AFC. They live in each others pockets these days for 320 days a year. Buy in is total these days and especially needed in Adelaide next year after this years happenings.

This takes away the "contract premium" that AFC would otherwise have.

I'm confident a fair deal will be reached. But unfortunately for the few AFC fans who are dreaming of revenge for overpaying for Gibbs, it won't happen in this case.

I think the Stringer comparison is a good one. The Dogs were adamant about two things. They were happy to keep him if they didn't get what they wanted and they wanted a pick in the 5-8 range. Didn't get that pick and they didn't keep him. I feel sorry for any Adelaide fans who think there is any chance whatsoever that he plays for Adelaide next year it just won't happen. So quoting things said by the club that relate to them keeping him if they aren't satisfied are silly and nothing more than wishful thinking.

As opposed to the bitter Adelaide supporters here who are of course saints and have no reason to do anything other than tell the truth. :confused:

Incorrect? Maybe none of the above.

But obviously the money is the one I have the greatest issue with seeing as though I mentioned that originally.

You go right ahead and think of him as a mercenary, but all reasonable evidence seems to suggest it is the issues at the club that have had a far more profound impact on his decision, than the contract offer from Carlton.
Never claimed Gov was a mercenary!

I have mentioned 3 reasons for him leaving & money is only one of them & good luck to him like Lever & Cameron who also both got more money. Doesn't make them mercenaries!

Gov has played his best games when Tex hasn't been playing & he is keen to come out of the shadow of Tex & JJ, which is also a key factor.

Then throw in his girlfriends course isn't available in Adelaide, then everything starts to align.

It's a pity Young hasn't just been honest all along.

The AFC also came out and denied the "Mitch wants out" rumours when they first cropped up. Not sure what you'd expect from his manager in that scenario while the season is in play.

So the list of people and organisations we cant trust are as follows:

Young
The AFC
The media (Boo! Hiss!)

With only Mitch and Carlton the only ones who have been bastions of ethics and morality throughout this affair. Not sure if we can trust Jeremy. Looks like a shifty campaigner. Happy to be corrected.
No, Young was the one who first came out to debunk the rumours... so yes, I'm correcting you.

Would be interesting if on the last day of trades the deal is not done and McGovern gets told by Crows the blues wont cough up the required trade value they place on him and that he either could return to Adelaide or settle to go to another club - Hawks , Saints , North , Bombers

Whats peoples thoughts on McGovern's decision if this was to occur
I'm ok he if he stays if a deal can't be done.

Is an important player to us who will be hard to replace.

Showed this year he can remain professional on field & won't sulk.

No, Young was the one who first came out to debunk the rumours... so yes, I'm correcting you.

Young seems to put a bee in your bonnet. Nonetheless, the AFC did indeed come out publically and rubbish the rumours. Before . After. Doesnt matter. They are liars and according to you nothing they can ever be trusted again. So you gonna support Port now or what?

Yeah he'd be over other offers no doubt. He'd know that all clubs aren't close to offering a top 10 pick as that is much more than his trade value. The AFL is an industry with many avenues for the valuation of a player, BF foamers are not the first avenue.
Bf foamers that think they can tell a club what they can ask for their contracted player. While you guys froth the crows will just set the terms for the trade and a club will come to the party or they wont. If the crows ask for a 1st and a 2nd with maybe a 3rd going back which is at least his value contracted that is what they will get or he stays and his manager will be totally up to speed with that

Never claimed Gov was a mercenary!

I have mentioned 3 reasons for him leaving & money is only one of them & good luck to him like Lever & Cameron who also both got more money. Doesn't make them mercenaries!

Gov has played his best games when Tex hasn't been playing & he is keen to come out of the shadow of Tex & JJ, which is also a key factor.

Then throw in his girlfriends course isn't available in Adelaide, then everything starts to align.

It's a pity Young hasn't just been honest all along.
If i was gonna put my house on just how this mcgovern to carlton thing has all come about id be saying it all started with Teague. Who since moving to carlton from the crows last year has said at some stage since landing at carlton something along the lines of..

“Mitch is unhappy with the way his new contract turned out last year.. beleived hes worth more coin than what he got... and if you throw an extra $100-200k a year at him i think, with my help, we can get him to break contract and come over to carlton at the end of this year”..

Just my opinion.. but his relationship with teague is very strong and mcclure, the carlton mouthpiece, was the one who the mitch mcgovern rumour was leaked out through from carlton to get the ball rolling on it all..

Its gonna be interesting how much coin they are offering.. the dancing around the question by his manager the other day when asked with his “oh its similar to what hes on at adelaide” tells you that carlton dont want many to know how much it really is... if its “similar” to what adelaide are paying him now then why the **** dont they just tell us all the amount then?..

It’ll come out eventually.

Young seems to put a bee in your bonnet. Nonetheless, the AFC did indeed come out publically and rubbish the rumours. Before . After. Doesnt matter. They are liars and according to you nothing they can ever be trusted again. So you gonna support Port now or what?
Geez you sprout some rubbish.

My point was Young has openly lied so can't believe everything he says. Part of this has been to protect his client.

AFC have been less than honest with plenty of things this year, particularly injuries... Which me & others have been very critical of. Doesn't mean I will stop following my club, rather demand more transparency from the likes of Burton... but what does this have anything to do with this topic?

If i was gonna put my house on just how this mcgovern to carlton thing has all come about id be saying it all started with Teague. Who since moving to carlton from the crows last year has said at some stage since landing at carlton something along the lines of..

“Mitch is unhappy with the way his new contract turned out last year.. beleived hes worth more coin than what he got... and if you throw an extra $100-200k a year at him i think, with my help, we can get him to break contract and come over to carlton at the end of this year”..

Just my opinion.. but his relationship with teague is very strong and mcclure, the carlton mouthpiece, was the one who the mitch mcgovern rumour was leaked out through from carlton to get the ball rolling on it all..

Its gonna be interesting how much coin they are offering.. the dancing around the question by his manager the other day when asked with his “oh its similar to what hes on at adelaide” tells you that carlton dont want many to know how much it really is... if its “similar” to what adelaide are paying him now then why the **** dont they just tell us all the amount then?..

It’ll come out eventually.

We havent put forward a dollars and years amount because he hadnt done a medical at the time of the statement. Its called due diligence. He effectively told you he wanted out without knowing what we were offfering.

How does that sit?

Geez you sprout some rubbish.

My point was Young has openly lied so can't believe everything he says. Part of this has been to protect his client.

AFC have been less than honest with plenty of things this year, particularly injuries... Which me & others have been very critical of. Doesn't mean I will stop following my club, rather demand more transparency from the likes of Burton... but what does this have anything to do with this topic?

Has plenty to do with the topic. You are singularly believing what has been put forth by the AFC and its mouthpieces over varied and independent information. You yourself admit they have been "less than honest" but youre still believing money is the motivating factor when he turned down $750K a year at Freo at the same time he re-signed with AFC. If he was all about the Benjamins he would have left already.

We havent put forward a dollars and years amount because he hadnt done a medical at the time of the statement. Its called due diligence. He effectively told you he wanted out without knowing what we were offfering.

How does that sit?
You cant honestly be that niave...

You actually beleive that mitch and his manager are going to come out and say mitch wants to break his contract, that has two more years remaining on it, without atleast finding out some basic monetary figures from the potential clubs that would chase his services?..

Nothing you say here can be taken seriously if you beleive the absolute horseshit youve just written.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has plenty to do with the topic. You are singularly believing what has been put forth by the AFC and its mouthpieces over varied and independent information. You yourself admit they have been "less than honest" but youre still believing money is the motivating factor when he turned down $750K a year at Freo at the same time he re-signed with AFC. If he was all about the Benjamins he would have left already.
Where have I said this?

You cant honestly be that niave...

You actually beleive that mitch and his manager are going to come out and say mitch wants to break his contract, that has two more years remaining on it, without atleast finding out some basic monetary figures from the potential clubs that would chase his services?..

Nothing you say here can be taken seriously if you beleive the absolute horseshit youve just written.

Figures would have been agreed upon, but they are apparently similar. We probably put a bit of cream on it in either years or dollars but nothing outlandish has been reported.

Except by the Adelaide media. Who also said Gold Coast were an option and likely to offer pick 2/3.

You said it was a deciding factor for him requesting to leave. Im saying it isnt.
I have given 3 reasons if you can read.

Not a good idea to misrepresent people when it's all in writing!

Figures would have been agreed upon, but they are apparently similar. We probably put a bit of cream on it in either years or dollars but nothing outlandish has been reported.

Except by the Adelaide media. Who also said Gold Coast were an option and likely to offer pick 2/3.
So now youre saying the “figures would have been agreed upon”???...

Mate, youre all over the shop!..

I believe hes on around $550k at adelaide and carlton have lured him into attempting to break his contract with another $100-200k a year...

And carlton wont come out and admit it because of obvious reasons.

And thats why, when asked the question on sums and figures, colin young wont give a straight answer and mumbles about mitch being paid well at adelaide already and what carlton is offering is “something similar”... young is a well known liar and deceptive grub in the industry and you can read him like a book.

I have given 3 reasons if you can read.

Not a good idea to misrepresent people when it's all in writing!

All well and good but Im saying money isnt a factor at all in his request. If what your learned friend Bearded Clam says is true about being on $550K and Mitch was offered $750K at Freo at the same time as putting pen to paper as the $550K at the Crows...

How can you confidently assert its a factor now? There was a whole lot of hoo ha about us offering $200K to lure him but he wouldnt take the extra $200K for the notorious "go home factor"?

Something dont add up Kane and it aint the inflated contract offers excuse.

I believe hes on around $550k at adelaide and carlton have lured him into attempting to break his contract with another $100-200k a year...

And carlton wont come out and admit it because of obvious reasons.

And thats why, when asked the question on sums and figures, colin young wont give a straight answer and mumbles about mitch being paid well at adelaide already and what carlton is offering is “something similar”... young is a well known liar and deceptive grub in the industry and you can read him like a book.

Didnt take the extra $200K less than 12 months ago. But is now?

Come on now mate. Start asking these questions to your club.

What are you on about? Sheehan was referring the top twenty when he said 'players early'
The heading for the article is:
AFL draft top 20 as good as any says Kevin Sheehan - SEN
This article can be viewed at:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/25/afl-draft-top-20-as-good-as-any-says-sheehan/
Its not complicated.
I'll say once more, because you seem to have comprehension issues ......top 20 as good as any, does not mean better than any :rolleyes:

My comments re the top 8, doesn't come from Sheehan, Goofy .....it's an accumulation of opinions from an array of knowledegable watchers, whose opinion I value

All well and good but Im saying money isnt a factor at all in his request. If what your learned friend Bearded Clam says is true about being on $550K and Mitch was offered $750K at Freo at the same time as putting pen to paper as the $550K at the Crows...

How can you confidently assert its a factor now? There was a whole lot of hoo ha about us offering $200K to lure him but he wouldnt take the extra $200K for the notorious "go home factor"?

Something dont add up Kane and it aint the inflated contract offers excuse.
Money is a factor, but only a factor not the factor. He is going to be paid more by Carlton, so there is no point trying to pretend otherwise or that this isn't a factor.

However, opportunity is also another important factor. Gov wants to play a bigger role than 3rd forward behind Tex & JJ, which is fair enough as showed he is up to it when Tex has been out. Teague has helped with this.

Also, supporting his girlfriend who needs to move for her studies.

Further, Gov wasn't happy with how his injuries were handled... including he thought he could play in the Grand Final last year.

All these add up to him wanting to break his contract.

Didnt take the extra $200K less than 12 months ago. But is now?

Come on now mate. Start asking these questions to your club.
Cmon, please read the posts ....the previous offer was from Fremantle, not Carlton .....yes Carlton wanted McGovern as part of last years Gibbs deal, but it was rejected & a Contract offer never tabled ....what Bearded Clam is referring to is this years Carlton reported offer

I'll say once more, because you seem to have comprehension issues ......top 20 as good as any, does not mean better than any :rolleyes:

My comments re the top 8, doesn't come from Sheehan, Goofy .....it's an accumulation of opinions from an array of knowledegable watchers, whose opinion I value
Simple solution then..carlton can somehow get the crows a mid 1st + extras and keep their 2 x 2nd rounders to use themselves if the draft quality bats so deep

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back