Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs has admitted in interviews since that the Crows didn't go about it well.[/QUOTE]
Yes regarding going public that Bryce had requested a trade, and most fans would completely agree with that. But when it came to the actual trade your club was the one that was unreasonable. Don't misquote.

\
Yes regarding going public that Bryce had requested a trade, and most fans would completely agree with that. But when it came to the actual trade your club was the one that was unreasonable. Don't misquote.

So the Crows stuffed up by going public way too early, but it was still all Carlton's fault? Cool.

So the Crows stuffed up by going public way too early, but it was still all Carlton's fault? Cool.
Mistakes were made on both sides, ours before the process started and yours during the process. And I never said it was all Carltons fault, it was one of your posters who tried to pin it all on Reid for not knowing what he was doing and using 'cowboy' tactics.

Mistakes were made on both sides, ours before the process started and yours during the process. And I never said it was all Carltons fault, it was one of your posters who tried to pin it all on Reid for not knowing what he was doing and using 'cowboy' tactics.

Well you'd be one of the rare Crows posters that isn't pinning it entirely on SOS. Check your own board thread for confirmation. Reid started the whole tit for tat in the early trade period of 2016 with attempted strong arm tactics. McGovern won't attract value over his statistical worth because the trading relationship became less than friendly after that point.

Cant see carlton giving up pick 1, so the answer would be no, it will be a first rounder by itself once they can obtain one
That is exactly what I think will happen. The swans may be interested in the points value for picks 24 and 25 enough to give up their first round pick.

I'd hope crows would want something higher than 24 and 25 unless those picks can be used to get more in the top 5-10 picks especially with such quality of local talent and rankines desire to come to the crows.

I'd hope crows would want something higher than 24 and 25 unless those picks can be used to get more in the top 5-10 picks especially with such quality of local talent and rankines desire to come to the crows.

Well if you listened to adelaides director of footy, Pick 24 and 25 wont cut the mustard, so no need to worry about that

Define hardball? Rejecting pick 24 is fair enough, but if you're going to reject 24+25 which could easily be upgraded to a pick in the teens, then Adelaide are being unreasonable.

If Adelaide are hoping that Carlton are going to cave and trade pick 1, or include pick 1 in any deal, they are going to be disappointed.
If trading pick 24&25 for a pick in the teens is so easy then Carlton should be looking to do that themselves and then offering that pick to AFC for MM.
CFC need to do the leg work on this. AFC will not take the risk of being stuck with 2 2nd rounders that are of little value to them for giving up MM. If Carlton can broker a deal that gives them pick 12-16 for 24&25, I dare say AFC will probably take that, but as I said CFC will have to do the leg work and aquire that pick themselves and offer it to AFC.

Well you'd be one of the rare Crows posters that isn't pinning it entirely on SOS. Check your own board thread for confirmation. Reid started the whole tit for tat in the early trade period of 2016 with attempted strong arm tactics. McGovern won't attract value over his statistical worth because the trading relationship became less than friendly after that point.
Bryce and his manager weren't happy it got released from the crows early, they came out and stated that so there's nothing to argue there. Having said that I'm critical of SOS for not trading a player with personal issues that he wanted to go home for when the crows had put a reasonable trade on the table and so were Gibbs and his manager.

As for the McGovern trade, the crows have said two second rounders won't get it done. We're clearly in the space of a mid first round pick at a minimum required, but don't know if the crows are asking for more then that. Given the latest on afl.com it appears that the two parties aren't close to a deal and that's been communicated to Mitch, hence him training with the playing group. Whether that says the crows don't think a deal will get done or not I don't know but it certainly appears like Mitch is at least prepared to play with the Crows next season/prepared for the worst.

That is exactly what I think will happen. The swans may be interested in the points value for picks 24 and 25 enough to give up their first round pick.

Swans are a chance but no one knows their thought trail, SOS will need to be creative, but I have a feeling Govs manager knows where carlton sit before announcing the blues as his clients destination

i agree many are saying 24 and 25 are fair value for him

Its irrelevant what many think, what is relevant is what the AFC will accept and having publicly stated its not acceptable, there is no need to contemplate it. The blues need to come up with an suitable trade or he stays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about pick 24 this year and a swap of 2nd round picks next year.

Adelaide would be wanting theirs to be pick 35 or so and probably think ours will be 19-20
I think it would be more along the lines of adding that second rounder for next year to the two you've already offered this year, being 24 and 25. Crows want capital in this draft given the SA talent, there's been no mention of next year picks though. Maybe a second rounder this year and a swap of both our firsts for next year or similar might peak the crows interest but would rely on how our list management see each team performing and the where the crows see the players falling in the draft. Last thing we would want is seeing a player we rated highly falling to a position that we could have taken them if we'd gone for draft capital this year instead of next year.

Well he's a way better prospect than McGovern...or anyone else in this draft for us.
Hence why we keep #1.

Gov is 23 and steps up in key moments late in games very similar to his brother and his brother also improved dramatically later in his career, surely they would consider using pick 1 in some way of securing him.

Id give up pick 1 for shiel, but not gov unless you had currency coming back
I think that depends where your list is at. Walsh is a really good prospect and been given a lot of kudos as a future captain of any club he goes to, so if you're a team in rebuild then I'd go Walsh, but I think if Carlton could manage to turn pick one into Shiel and McGovern that would be a really nice return for it. All hinges on whether Shiel would want to go to Carlton, which the media have reported is unlikely but until he provides an indication we don't know.

Gov is 23 and steps up in key moments late in games very similar to his brother and his brother also improved dramatically later in his career, surely they would consider using pick 1 in some way of securing him.

Too inconsistent and hasn't put a full year on the park due to injuries - not worth any trade that holds pick 1 for mine.
Comparing him to his brother isn't the way to look at it as there are already variables between the two players for when Jeremy was at Mitch's current age.

Too inconsistent and hasn't put a full year on the park due to injuries - not worth any trade that holds pick 1 for mine.
Comparing him to his brother isn't the way to look at it as there are already variables between the two players for when Jeremy was at Mitch's current age.

personally i see a lot of similarities between the two but depends on how much carlton and SOS value him

personally i see a lot of similarities between the two but depends on how much carlton and SOS value him
Yes they have similar attributes...but Mitch has done nothing in comparison to Jeremy.
Very much comes down to how keen we are for him and what we're willing to part with. But for someone of his type, we have bigger list/position issues to fulfil ie; mids like Walsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back