Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Crows give up 2 Second Rd Picks this year when will be in bigger receiving end only getting 1 next years trade season.

Crows don’t understand they still win out of the trade.

No, we want a pick in the top 10 and I think that is what the club is after. Simple.

No, it is up to your club to facilitate that - if that means you have to give up 24 and 25 to another club to get a top 10 pick, so be it. It is not up to us - MM is the player you want and therefore you do the hard work.

Where did I say anything about Pick 1?

I meant Crows will get multiple picks to go with already multiple picks that Crows have in a strong draft.

Terry Wallace said Crows will have major draft and expects them to upgrade Blues 2 Second Rd Picks that Crows will recieve for MM.

No, we want a pick in the top 10 and I think that is what the club is after. Simple.

No, it is up to your club to facilitate that - if that means you have to give up 24 and 25 to another club to get a top 10 pick, so be it. It is not up to us - MM is the player you want and therefore you do the hard work.

Justin Reid will be happy with 24 & 25
Most likely will involve 3rd club. End of the day everyone wins.

Youre being ridiculous. Contract or no, hes not worth a top 10 pick.

I don't know what will be a fair trade but 24 or 25 looks to be unders for me, coming from a Carlton supporter.

He is not worth 1, or even a top 10 but maybe mid to high teens would be fair in my mind, especially in this draft, now how do we get that pick? That is the question, no idea, I don't have the imagination of the list managers.

In regards to Gibbs, I wasn't happy he didn't get to go to Radelaide the 1st time, he was a loyal servant and that should have been rewarded. That being said though, he was a top 5 or higher player for our team for a number seasons and could alter the outcome of a game, on occasion, so to a young and developing Carlton squad he was definitely worth 2 1st round picks, overs yes but not when considered in context.

McGovern is coming for the money, I guess they use him as the 2nd or 3rd tall and have Charley roam up on the wing like Riewoldt/Richo did as he has a massive tank on him. Is it the end of the world if we can't get McGov? Probably not but it would help the look of the club being able to bring in the likes of him and Shiel, makes us look less like North or the Saints have the last few trade periods.

Now comparing the needs of each club at the time, McGovern is needed less by Adelaide than Gibbs was, they have plenty of forwards, both young and old, so can cover the loss relatively easily through current players, where as we saw what happened this season to Carlton without Gibbs, plus all the injuries, so in conclusion stuffed if I know how they will get it to work but it is in each teams best interest to make it happen somehow.

I meant Crows will get multiple picks to go with already multiple picks that Crows have in a strong draft.

Terry Wallace said Crows will have major draft and expects them to upgrade Blues 2 Second Rd Picks that Crows will recieve for MM.
Fat chance Adelaide is going to do the leg work to upgrade those picks.

You have to be smoking something pretty good to believe anyone worth drafting from the state leagues this year is going to make it to the rookie draft when the best 5 of them will be taken by GC/Carlton before the draft.

MM was overlooked by every club in both the national and rookie drafts and then overlooked again by everyone twice before you finally gave him a lifeline into the AFL, he has been injured for large portions of the last few seasons. There is also the fact most neutrals rate him worth a 2nd round pick but what would they know.

You said it

Lever still worth more. Blues aren’t undervaluing him. SEN super confident deal gets done. Crows will be smiling exact quote from Kane Cornes, South Australian

If you are right, you will be saying next year how SOS bent us over.

Put the whole Gibbs thing aside and even put the contract aside.

MM is 23, a known quantity, has pace, fantastic overhead mark, good kick for goal, play's FF if Walker is injured, can play in defense and his best footy is in front of him.

I cannot understand why a second rounder or a pick in the 20's is a fair trade for those attributes.

Yeah, for a player that doesn't want to play for the club they are at again...different story :)
This has been done to death but Gibbs and McGovern are different in that regard.
Well aware that McGovern has two more years like Gibbs...but he doesn't want to play for Adelaide again...where as Gibbs publicly stated he was fine to play on at Carlton.
And like so many others have said before on here (yawn)... if a trade cant come to fruition, so be it...we move on.

For a player that doesn’t want to play at the club.... funny that he’s still training at the club.. you know, that place he’s so desperate to get away from..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are right, you will be saying next year how SOS bent us over.

Put the whole Gibbs thing aside and even put the contract aside.

MM is 23, a known quantity, has pace, fantastic overhead mark, good kick for goal, play's FF if Walker is injured, can play in defense and his best footy is in front of him.

I cannot understand why a second rounder or a pick in the 20's is a fair trade for those attributes.

I will explain this so you can understand

Because of this deal. Crows will be upgrading picks

8 13 & 20 to most likely
Picks 5, 10 and 18

Explain to me how Crows lose out?
Explain how Carlton benefit so much now & not paying a premium?

8 13 & 20 to most likely
Picks 5, 10 and 18

Well, either I am an idiot for not understanding, or you over estimate your ability to explain.

How does Blues will trade 2018 Second Rd & 25 for Mitch McGovern & Crows future Third Round Pick equal 8 13 & 20 to most likely Picks 5, 10 and 18?

8 13 & 20 to most likely
Picks 5, 10 and 18

Because pick 5 still doesnt secure Rankine or Lukosius. Thats what it comes down to.

Well, either I am an idiot for not understanding, or you over estimate your ability to explain.

How does Blues will trade 2018 Second Rd & 25 for Mitch McGovern & Crows future Third Round Pick equal 8 13 & 20 to most likely Picks 5, 10 and 18?

Currency and trading with Swans as they are more keen on points for F/S picks.

I haven’t heard the SEN trade scenario but I’m assuming it’s involving up to 5 clubs

Yes
Brisbane keen on Lachie Neede
Fremantle possibly getting Jesse Hogan
Gold Coast set to lose Tom Lynch, Sam Day and now Jack Scrimshaw.

Crows will be just sitting back and Crows have picks and currency to make all this happen. Plenty of it.

For a player that doesn’t want to play at the club.... funny that he’s still training at the club.. you know, that place he’s so desperate to get away from..
This has no bearing on anything. I’ll happily wager that the moment his trade deal is signed off, he won’t be seen anywhere near the club gym.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back