Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sorry, I have not read everything in this thread, I saw the 2018 Second Rd & 25 so I have been referring to that.

I don't know what else you are talking about.

Please explain to me because I do not understand.

I feel like I’m getting stupider responding in this thread. I’ll just wait til things become more official.

You’ll find many neutrals who think an early second is around the mark for Mitch.

Two seconds should be more than enough to do the deal, it’ll allow you to get into the top 5, but I think this has become more about getting one back over SOS than anything else.

Would honestly rather keep 12 should Sydney trade with us and come back for Gov next year. Cam McCarthy 2.0
Exactly....2 x 20s doesn't equal 12

I haven’t heard the SEN trade scenario but I’m assuming it’s involving up to 5 clubs
The real trades aren't serious until they get to at least 10 clubs, if not all 18. Has trade radio got that going yet?

With future picks and clubs keen on points I see no reason why Carlton can't start with picks 80, 90 and 100 and through 45 trades with future picks and state level players end up with picks 1, 2 and 3.

In all seriousness Carlton have the 2nd rounders and state league players, they'll probably be able to deal with the Crows directly or with 1 or 2 other sides. Adelaide can't value McGovern so highly that it would be so complex. The clubs will likely agree on a similar value (somewhere between 10 and 20) and get to work. But I do like the 5 team deal as well, hope it happens, more chance the footy media can't understand it = more bad hot takes.

If Hawthorn miss out on Shiel is there any chance we can turn our 2 second rounds picks into the Hawks pick 14 and trade that to Adelaide for Mcgovern? Hawks haven't heavily invested in the draft of late and this gives them two earlyish picks at the price of one late first rounder.

Justin Reid obviously lives on a land with unicorns and elves.

His not getting 1 Pick will get multiple pick in addition all the currency Crows already have in the draft. Terry Wallace and Kane Cornes did a 30 minute analysis in it. Crows won’t lose out of that deal.
Gee that's decided it kane cornes involved means it's that far of the mark it's not funny

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Hawthorn miss out on Shiel is there any chance we can turn our 2 second rounds picks into the Hawks pick 14 and trade that to Adelaide for McGovern? Hawks haven't heavily invested in the draft of late and this gives them two earlyish picks at the price of one late first rounder.

If Hawthorn miss out on Shiel is there any chance we can turn our 2 second rounds picks into the Hawks pick 14 and trade that to Adelaide for McGovern? Hawks haven't heavily invested in the draft of late and this gives them two earlyish picks at the price of one late first rounder.
We wouldn’t do it for 3 second rounders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably would actually as we did that exact trade to help you land O'meara and Mitchell.
Lol u didn’t give us 3 seconds for our first. You gave us a second round for a couple of third and fourth round picks. Hawthorn use our first rounders to trade in players. We are past the point of trading down for multiple late picks.

I will explain this so you can understand

Because of this deal. Crows will be upgrading picks

8 13 & 20 to most likely
Picks 5, 10 and 18

Explain to me how Crows lose out?
Explain how Carlton benefit so much now & not paying a premium?
I tried to find the SEN article/podcast. Do you have a link? If the end result is what you say then I agree that it’s a positive result for Adelaide.

Lol u didn’t give us 3 seconds for our first. You gave us a second round for a couple of third and fourth round picks. Hawthorn use our first rounders to trade in players. We are past the point of trading down for multiple late picks.

It appears youre right. I couldve sworn recently Hawthorn traded us two seconds for one of our firsts. Dont mind me then.

lol 9 is unders. Gov is/will be a star. Don't talk yourselves out of it. He is a great get.
Most Adelaide supporters overrated their players significantly. It's the small pond I think.

Mitch is a 190cm medium forward who doesn't have enough pace to provide significant defensive pressure, and has proven himself injury prone. Not really top 10 pick material imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back