Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide will have Stengle first day of the trade period. You guys keep him

You are not Reid and we will happily keep him or trade him to a club that wants him. But rumours are that Reid wants him - so whats going to happen if McAdam comes into play?

Crows will upgrade all the picks because of it. Crows clear winners. Shame I’m trying to explain this to an 8 year old
CARLTON will need to upgrade their picks in order to offer a 1st rounder to AFC. You can't seriously expect Crows to do that as well.
CARLTON want MM.
AFC would like MM to stay.
If Carlton can upgrade their 24&25 for a pick between 12-16 or so I think AFC will take that, but no way will they do all the work for Carlton.

End of the day Justin Reid will comply. Something is better than nothing. SEN said Crows come out on top with that trade
Keeping a fit McGovern is worth more to us than any draft pick which is never certain what you will get down the track. There have been so many failed top 10 draft picks over the years, let alone picks in the 20's.

Keeping a fit McGovern is worth more to us than any draft pick which is never certain what you will get down the track. There have been so many failed top 10 draft picks over the years, let alone picks in the 20's.
You could keep McGovern and see what happens this season. Things can change over the next few months.

What if Carlton have a 2019 like 2018 and 2017 etc. Then Adelaide play finals again or Burton gets the sack. Might start to feel happy again.

I cannot believe I have seen some sense from a Collingwood supporter. I think it says a lot about Adelaide supporters.
What a rubbish comment.. none of these players have the forward line X factor of McGovern. He gives massive offensive pressure, is hard to match up on and has more pace than any of the mentioned players.. think you need to watch a little more footy..

I do rate Mcgovern, he has good upside, but paying a pick in the top ten is crazy.

In the last two season has only played 24 games. 12 games per year, which is terrible.

In his best season he was only good because he was playing behind Jenkins, Walker and even Lynch.
Nobody even gave a shit about him, which is why he had a decent seaosn.

He may be contracted but no way r we paying a top ten pick! The pick should be between 15-25 + a state league player.

You cant argue for good picks on the scope he has. Otherwise all of our younger players are worth 1st round picks ;)

Come at me Adelaide fannnnns
We will keep him then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We want first round pick for contracted player.. have you seen him play he is unbelievable best player in the whole wide world.
His is a 24 yo state league player unproven at the higher level we may have used a third round pick on him if he was available then

Surely Carlton’s 2 seconds get it done day 1? Seems a really straightforward trade
As long as they can swap them with sydneys first... which youd think sydney would be happy to do..

But its not up to the crows to do the hard yards in getting that deal with sydney done..

Reid did show interest in McAdam on trade radio this morning, he also said that the crows have been watching him for the last 18 months.
Not actually what he said. He said they keep an eye on a number of state footballers, which they absolutely do and are employed to do. They'll have a number on him as they will with most players that are eligible for the draft, and if he falls to a point where they feel his talent warrants that pick they'll see who else is left on the board and consider him. No team will value McAdams as a second or third round pick, and he'll be lucky to go in the 4th I feel from what I've seen of him. Teams invest in young talent or players that have shown significant improvement and can slot straight into an AFL team. McAdam is neither of those, but would be an ok pick-up for our SANFL side depending on whether we draft any other small forwards.

As long as they can swap them with sydneys first... which youd think sydney would be happy to do..

But its not up to the crows to do the hard yards in getting that deal with sydney done..
I'd hardly call it hard yards, either Adelaide make a phone call or Carlton do. If you need SOS to pay the 13c for the phone call, I'm sure he would be willing to.

I'd hardly call it hard yards, either Adelaide make a phone call or Carlton do. If you need SOS to pay the 13c for the phone call, I'm sure he would be willing to.
From the sounds of things Sydney seem pretty comfortable with their current pick allocation and expect the players they're losing to net them plenty of draft capital outside the first round to use on Blakey, so I don't think it's anywhere near the no brainer deal that people keep saying, which is unfortunate. And given not many other teams are probably likely to want to trade back, yeah SOS does have his work cut out for him.

From the sounds of things Sydney seem pretty comfortable with their current pick allocation and expect the players they're losing to net them plenty of draft capital outside the first round to use on Blakey, so I don't think it's anywhere near the no brainer deal that people keep saying, which is unfortunate. And given not many other teams are probably likely to want to trade back, yeah SOS does have his work cut out for him.
Nah, SOS has it under control. I think it would be highly unlikely MM would nominate Carlton, complete a medical and that Carlton would be putting so much attention on Shiel if this trade was not essentially agreed upon.

Shouldnt be too difficult then.. sos shouldve already made the call i guess..

No reason for adelaide to bother making any calls... its carlton that wants to get this deal done.

I bought a second hand car from a private seller the other day.. i didnt turn up, make an offer on it, have it accepted by the seller, only to turn around to the seller and say “i actually havent got the coin, can you organise some finance for me!”...

Same deal here... carlton want the deal done, carlton should do the work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back