Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Two completely different players. Ones a KPP, the other is a midfielder.. suggesting we compare them to each other is downright stupid.. as are most of your comments on this subject.

Im asking about output in a broad sense. What has McGovern proven in comparison to what Gibbs proved as footballers? Gibbs is a proven best 22 at any club with an excellent injury record and produced high class football at a struggling club.

What have you got to say about McGovern besides "potential" and "he has a contract just like Gibbs! Gimme first rounder!"?

If McGovern so ordinary perhaps you can explain why your mob have been pursuing him so keenly....are they bad talent judges?.......Ummmm best you not answer that.

We pursued as part of the Gibbs trade. Our interest seemingly ended there once he re-signed. <scene missing>. He wants out and asked if our offer was still valid.

What did the AFC do to make him have such a sudden change of heart?

Delusional. The only thing youre hanging your hats on is the contract. Show me McGovern's output compared with Gibbs. Show me the value of McGovern to your club and ours. Not even remotely akin to Gibbs.
The only delusion is not being able to grasp that the player your club is chasing is contracted to another club and that club holds the power in the negotiations. Wishing it were otherwise has no bearing on the upcoming trade demands the crows will put on mcgovern leaving

Don Pyke said that it's in both party's best interests for him to move on but he also said that Gov understands that if a deal can't be reached he'll remain in Adelaide. What do you think Pyke said? Quotes please, not your delusional interpretation.

McGovern told Pyke he has lost belief/faith in the club and requested a trade.
Pyke replied that its best for McGovern to move on.
That said , who in their right mind can see any circumstance where McGovern remains at adelaide ...

The only delusion is not being able to grasp that the player your club is chasing is contracted to another club and that club holds the power in the negotiations. Wishing it were otherwise has no bearing on the upcoming trade demands the crows will put on mcgovern leaving

Not chasing. Was requested to facilitate a trade.

Please.

Provide your own source that we have been chasing.

McGovern told Pyke he has lost belief/faith in the club and requested a trade.
Pyke replied that its best for McGovern to move on.
That said , who in their right mind can see any circumstance where McGovern remains at adelaide ...
That ball old son is in your court now and more Carlton's problem than ours, you've made your intentions clear you want him, now you need to pony up lest you let the player down.

Not chasing. Was requested to facilitate a trade.

Please.

Provide your own source that we have been chasing.[/QUOTE
Ha nice deflection, pony up with the readies or he'll be staying put though knowing how Colin Young operates he'll quickly convince his player to look at other options club wise if SOS can't get it done.

That ball old son is in your court now and more Carlton's problem than ours, you've made your intentions clear you want him, now you need to pony up lest you let the player down.

Silvagni will make his best offer.
Young Reid can accept it and move on or ... ?
There's no returning to adelaide , Pyke and McGovern have both agreed on that ...

Ha nice deflection, pony up with the readies or he'll be staying put though knowing how Colin Young operates he'll quickly convince his player to look at other options club wise if SOS can't get it done.

Fairfax Media has also reported that injured forward Mitch McGovern, who signed a new deal late last year, is also keen to leave the club.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/camp-fail-crows-part-with-collective-mind-20180623-p4znbs.html

Long before we were linked. Long before. There was another in March. Cant find it, but Im looking for you buddy :thumbsu:

Silvagni will make his best offer.
Young Reid can accept it and move on or ... ?
There's no returning to adelaide , Pyke and McGovern have both agreed on that ...
Weird attempt at trolling, considering Reid is older than Silvagni.

Also, McGovern has a contract with Adelaide for two more seasons. Easy to forget when you live in fantasy land.

Clueless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird attempt at trolling, considering Reid is older than Silvagni.

Also, McGovern has a contract with Adelaide for two more seasons. Easy to forget when you live in fantasy land.

Clueless.
A team can't and won't entertain a disgrunted and potentially disruptive influence.its untenable.
Mitch walked out a while back. A deal will be reached.

Weitering + pick 24 for McGovern should get it done.

Yeah I don't think we'll be chucking Weitering up for trade.

Besides state league players are worth around 20 to 30. Weitering is playing like someone worth around 20 to 30.

Why is 24 and dibs on a state league player not enough? How is it any worse than what you came up with?

I agree.
Don is a realist and a professional.
He knows it is completely untenable to have McGovern in the ranks now and has told him to move on.
Yes but are not going to let him go for unders regardless of this.... I have know doubt the deal will get done...whether Carlton trade 24 and 25 for a 15 or 16 and give that to us or 24 and McAdam if they use him... I think that’s a fair deal and more than likely is how it will go down.

Yes but are not going to let him go for unders regardless of this.... I have know doubt the deal will get done...whether Carlton trade 24 and 25 for a 15 or 16 and give that to us or 24 and McAdam if they use him... I think that’s a fair deal and more than likely is how it will go down.

Yep agree
2nd rounder and a state league player probably works

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back