Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's see the completed trade details, but paint however you like McGovern is a gun and I'm stocked he's now a Bagger.
If I had to pick from forward line he's the one I'd take.

No doubting he goes alright when he is on the park but that has been a struggle.

Good luck to him, it seems like if that is the deal then everybody walks away happy

I assume Crows desperately want to upgrade to St Kilda's pick 4 to get one of L, R or R. With the Swans first rounder and their own maybe they have an in-principle agreement with Stk for a swap of those 1st rounders.

That the Swans rate pick 26 plus 28 as equal to their first pick 13 tells of the depth in the draft (or their need for points for academy player).

Will be interesting to see what Blues get back because pick 13 plus McAdam for MM alone is generous.

Anyway, a deal was always going to be done. Too good all round.

Pick 1 and 28 for gov and 7? I would have thought it would have been around that ball park.

Whatever you are smoking, could you spare an ounce? It's obviously really good stuff.

There would be 10 or less players in the game any Club would even consider dumping 1 for. McGovern is not one of them. By a very long way.

Correction.

Apparently the trade is done for 26 and 28 + McAdam. We get a future pick upgrade. Swans use 26 and 28 for Sydney's first (pick 13). A great deal for Crows imo. More than I would have rated MM but he will be very useful so no complaint.
Would take 13 and McAdam for sure. Would take 13 by itself

Let's see were the draft picks are pushed back to after adjustments ours may be closer to 30 ish in final draft standings .
Thats the issue I have and why I , as a nobody supporter, want Carlton to do all the work and get 13. It shouldnt be up to the AFC to do the work. If you are buying my house dont give me 2 cars and a block of land you dont own and then tell me to get the best value for them.

Pick 19 is probably his value, I think he would have been pushed out of our forward line this year anyway

The first half of this sentence is directly contradicted by the second part.

You've just stated that a player who won't get a game next year in a side that just finished 12th is worth pick 19.

One or the other is necessarily not correct.

The first half of this sentence is directly contradicted by the second part.

You've just stated that a player who won't get a game next year in a side that just finished 12th is worth pick 19.

One or the other is necessarily not correct.

IIRC Gov is 2nd on our list of players with highest win-loss ratio. He takes our forward structure from too tall, too slow and pathetic to a dangerous one. He is best 22 by a long way. SOS won’t be dealing with Drewie11 unfortunately for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an outsiders perspective it looks like a good deal for both parties. Only downside is the Setterfield deal looks like a pretty tough deal to get done now .
GWS have Thomas Green as an academy player who could be a top 5 pick next year they might need points for, so a future second would have more benefit to them than one this year.

IIRC Gov is 2nd on our list of players with highest win-loss ratio. He takes our forward structure from too tall, too slow and pathetic to a dangerous one. He is best 22 by a long way. SOS won’t be dealing with Drewie11 unfortunately for you.

Why unfortunately?

If the price is higher than we are prepared to pay, we will not pay it.

And we won't be howling for non existent public sympathy or sending in the WAGS to get in his missusses ear.

And most importantly, we won't blink over the trade table, then roll over like a puppy dog.

Why unfortunately?

And we won't be howling for non existent public sympathy or sending in the WAGS to get in his missusses ear.

And most importantly, we won't blink over the trade table, then roll over like a puppy dog.
What is your trade you expect SOS to do and not get bent over and go in dry

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why unfortunately?

Gov and Carlton are the ones that want him to leave. I will be more than happy to keep him. I could care less if he sulks. If he wants a big offer next year he will need to perform for us.

I love the back tracking of the Crows supporters in this thread. The past 320 pages he was better than Lever and contracted for another two years, so 2x 1st round picks or GTFO.

Now they’re saying his value is around 19 or mid 2nd round pick plus McAdam.

Oh Big Footy, don’t change.

I love the back tracking of the Crows supporters in this thread. The past 320 pages he was better than Lever and contracted for another two years, so 2x 1st round picks or GTFO.

Now they’re saying his value is around 19 or mid 2nd round pick plus McAdam.

Oh Big Footy, don’t change.
I’ve being saying 25 and McAdam all along

jus saw a 3 way dance posted on FB.

Blues give 2 2nd rounders to Sydney for 13, then on trade 13 and McAdam to the Crows for Gov.

Works for the Swans because they want points for Blakey, works for the Crows because they get the pointy end of MM's value and works for the Blues because they get their man and they never wanted to keep McAdam anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back