Team Captain
Suspended
Dec 21, 2007
Windy hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gipsland Power Boston Celtics barca
He guys i was watching the VFL last weekend and it was a grandfinal rematch between coburg [richmond] and geelong.

after the way geelong comprehensilvly beat coburg in last years gf i thought it would be a close match because geelong had lost charlie gardiner and king to to the saints.....

well i was wrong....coburg thrashed them with mitch morton and jack reiwoldt scoring more than 12 goals between them. [morton got 7 and reiwoldt 6 as i recall] and tivendale played well too.

Cats fans are going to say about how a lot of their good players left but you guys still had people like prismall, rooke, davenport, scott simpson and dawson simpson who all played great games but people like varcoe let you down.

this was the first time i saw Morton and jack play together and this possible future forward line looks great for tiger fans.

fp Mitch morton ff cleve hughes fp delideo
hff tambling chf reiwoldt hff?

Maybe the richmond recruiter has made a few decent choices after all:)

Cats fansare going to say about how a lot of their good players left but you guys still had people like prismall, rooke, davenport, scott simpson and dawson simpson who all played great games but people like varcoe let you down.

Huh :confused:
That would be first gamers Scott and Dawson Simpson.You make them out to sound like experienced players.

Anyway,do a search newbie and you'll find threads about the game.Try the VFL board for starters :rolleyes:

That would be first gamers Scott and Dawson Simpson.You make them out to sound like experienced players.

Anyway,do a search newbie and you'll find threads about the game.Try the VFL board for starters :rolleyes:

pipe down...its a pretty valid discussion i think and no need to be all defensive bout ur vfl players, especially when he said they played ok.
definitely good to see some sort of light at the end of the tunnel perhaps for the tiges, if these 2 come along. looking fwd to seeing how jack progresses for the next few years.

• Banned

did u watch the game...can you understand what im saying i said they were good not terrible....Dawson and scott were both new but they had a little bit of hype surrouding them around geelong.

anyway you were right about the VFL board but this thread was mainly regarding jack and mitch who both play afl

He guys i was watching the VFL last weekend and it was a grandfinal rematch between coburg [richmond] and geelong.

after the way geelong comprehensilvly beat coburg in last years gf i thought it would be a close match because geelong had lost charlie gardiner and king to to the saints.....

well i was wrong....coburg thrashed them with mitch morton and jack reiwoldt scoring more than 12 goals between them. [morton got 7 and reiwoldt 6 as i recall] and tivendale played well too.

Cats fansare going to say about how a lot of their good players left but you guys still had people like prismall, rooke, davenport, scott simpson and dawson simpson who all played great games but people like varcoe let you down.

this was the first time i saw Morton and jack play together and this possible future forward line looks great for tiger fans.

both good young promising forwards why there not in the seniors is beyond me when players like chris hyde are getting a game

Cats fans are going to say about how a lot of their good players left but you guys still had people like prismall, rooke, davenport, scott simpson and dawson simpson who all played great games but people like varcoe let you down.

Thanks for the wrap champ. :thumbsu: Not sure about Jack but I'd say Morton will be playing this week. Look for Matty White to come in also.

• Banned
thats right matty white....i knew i forgot some one....he had a blinder.....very quick...kick 2 or 3 goals and racked up the posies.....he looks promising too!:)

Thanks for the wrap champ. :thumbsu: Not sure about Jack but I'd say Morton will be playing this week. Look for Matty White to come in also.
jack is a gun he should be in the seniors he aint gana develop into an afl footballer playin for coburg. and yea matty white should get a game this week

Good post:thumbsu:
Morton must come in. Cannot believe he's not in the team.
I think the big question mark over Riewoldt is his lack of pace and the fact that he's probably not big enough to play KP, but who knows? he certianly seems to dominate VFL and at 18 there's certainly an upside for us.
I'd like to see Daniel Connors in the ones too. Throw Shane Edwards in as well. Play the kids. No more Hyde and Tivendale.

I think Riewoldt could be a real player after seeing how he dominated. He is a little slow and not very big however his assest are his excellent overhead marks and his footy smarts

7 + 6 = 13:D

Having said that i do agree both should be given the opportunity to play seniors, even though im a little unsure how Jack would go against more experienced backs compared to the kids they played on in the VFL.

Very promising signs though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Jack started out a bit flat last season, but got going as it went on. By the Bombers game (Rnd 21) he looked pretty comfortable, and im spewing he wasnt included in the Round 1 side.

And Morton, he should have been playing from the start.

I like the look of the forward line when it reads something such as;

Pettifer, Hughes, Morton
Brown, Richardson, Riewoldt

With Deledio to start in the middle and alternate with Brown, we also have Polak and Schulz to start at CHB but both can play in either position.

Forward line looks like its coming together. :thumbsu:

7 + 6 = 13:D

Having said that i do agree both should be given the opportunity to play seniors, even though im a little unsure how Jack would go against more experienced backs compared to the kids they played on in the VFL.

Very promising signs though.

I said more than as i couldn't remember if jack got 5 or 6 because i missed a small portion of the game

grow some balls tez.

you got talent on a tap but they dont get a game, white, morton, riewoldt, jon, edwards. throw em in. wheres the downside? might only win one and half games this year instead of two and a half?

grow some balls tez.

you got talent on a tap but they dont get a game, white, morton, riewoldt, jon, edwards. throw em in. wheres the downside? might only win one and half games this year instead of two and a half?

Edwards missed a bit of the preseason as did Connors, thought both looked a bit off the pace in the VFL last week and will need longer to get match fit (both must come into starting 22 when they are fit). White was awesome but has struggled at the top level so far (certainly earnt another crack though). Morton must come in this week, should get Deledios spot in the forward line and then move Lids into the middle for any of our current onballers (Foley can stay). JR could come in for Hughes but Cleve will need to keep getting game time at senior level to improve. As for JON he is lucky to be getting a game in the Coburg seniors.

Do you guys rate Hughes? I think he's a spud.. alot of my Richmond supporter mates agree..

I'm not sure where he stands, last year he kicked 6 goals in 2 AFL games in a row, then finished the year for Coburg's reserve team.

He is a natural CHF though and at 20 to be kicking a couple of goals each week can't be a bad thing.

i rate cleve, has a touch of class.

was frustrating last week watching him miss a bit, the commentators went into in depth discussion about his kicking action, how his left leg doesn't move and stays completely planted all the way through his follow through.

jack is a gun he should be in the seniors he aint gana develop into an afl footballer playin for coburg. and yea matty white should get a game this week

White should get a game. Why many Richmond fans wanted him gone at the end of last season i dont understand. Its not his fault he gets only 5minutes or so a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

mitch morton and jack reiwoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back