MRP / Trib. MJ in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
A lot of talk about MJ could be in trouble over a bump on an injured player.
I haven't seen any replays but my memory from the game is that MJ approached the player and looked like he was going to rough him up but the NTH player was the one who initiated contact once he saw MJ headed towards him.
Even if MJ initiated the contact which is not how I saw it at game at worst it should be a fine not a suspension.

I think he will be in more trouble over Nahas being tackled and he went in and slightly bumped him on the head that is the biggest worry for me.

They have 2 things to screw him for. Think he will be gone for sure. 2 reprimands like ballas. It will hurt missing his rebound against west coast.

In relation to black MJ did bump him as he was leaving the ground injured. I think MRP will come down heavy on that

A lot of talk about MJ could be in trouble over a bump on an injured player.
I haven't seen any replays but my memory from the game is that MJ approached the player and looked like he was going to rough him up but the NTH player was the one who initiated contact once he saw MJ headed towards him.
Even if MJ initiated the contact which is not how I saw it at game at worst it should be a fine not a suspension.

I think he will be in more trouble over Nahas being tackled and he went in and slightly bumped him on the head that is the biggest worry for me.

I reckon it was pretty clear MJ who initiated the contact. The thing that might get him of is that it was a pretty soft contact - it wasn't particularly forceful. He went in roughish, but the contact was nothing major and the Nth player (Black was it?) turned and protected the shoulder and that was the end of it.

Yeah, the Nahas one was interesting. Certainly stuff like that has been looked at before - would be pretty unlucky because Nahas was going full tilt head down. He ran into MJ more than the other way around and there wasn't really anything else MJ could do, and that is usually what the MRP look for - did he have other options. My initial reading says he'll be OK.

That's without replays. Might change my mind if when I get a chance to look at them again.

Do we honestly think he will go ? We have 3 really tough games to come
And Johnson and Dawson are so important for us. 2 more suspensions here could push us past tipping point and our season could be in Jepordy.

This sucks man. Eagles are down a bit and we have a chance of a very very must win game and we may have our 2 most important defenders suspended against their tall forwards. Makes me so friggin angry this undisciplined shit !!!!!! Now we will probably lose because we are "undermanned" throwing away the season so early

Grrrrrrrtrt

We can cover for them.
Just means we will give up 2-3 more goals in the game.

The problem will still be at the other end scoring enough to win.

I remember saying last year I never understood why teams didn't just keep 1 man in the last line of defence against us.
Instead of getting sucked up with the play to the middle of ground keep 1 guy behind at all times.
We score a lot of our goals on fast breaks/turnovers with players running into an empty or 1 on 1 in forward 50.
We need to keep more players in our forward line and not defensive mids.
Teams are now doing that against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we honestly think he will go ? We have 3 really tough games to come
And Johnson and Dawson are so important for us
. 2 more suspensions here could push us past tipping point and our season could be in Jepordy.

Unfortunately, MRP doesn't really give a shit who we face next when they dish out suspensions

If either of MJ or Dawson get suspended then we should challenge both charges. There has been far worse been done this year and players have not been suspended (ie Glass who only went for 1 and should be out for 2-3. Also, Bartel did far worse today on a Port player and there was no mention of it.

As for the bump that hit nahas... he was bumping a guy in front of nahas and missed him. Stumbled around the first bloke and accidentally grazed nahas. Hit was insufficient force for a start and there's no way in the world he was aiming at nahas. That'll be nothing. Didnt see the other one.

From here: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...y-match-review-panel-20140427-zr0db.html#poll

MATCH REVIEW PANEL - ROUND 6 PREDICTIONS

Fremantle defender Michael Johnson is also in danger of attracting the rarely issued charge of misconduct for unnecessary contact with an injured player, but his good record should ensure he does not face suspension.

Soon after North Melbourne's Aaron Black hurt his shoulder and began cradling it on his way to the interchange bench, Johnson sought him out and bumped him.

If Johnson is charged with intentional conduct, low impact and body contact, it would attract a penalty of 125 points, which would be cut to 93.75 for the Docker's unblemished record over the past six years. If coupled with a guilty plea that would cut the penalty to a reprimand and 70.31 carry-over points.

fingers crossed!

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. MJ in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back