MRP / Trib. MJ in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I thought the same thing. He will only get the reprimand either way - just different amount of carry over points. 70 to 95 odd doesn't make a big difference if you get a lowish level offence. But in reality, there's not a lot of scope to move.

It's clearly misconduct regarding an injured player (which is same points punishment as striking and less than rough-conduct), and the incident itself is obviously intentional IMHO. It's already assessed as 'low-impact', so not sure what you're getting at there. The only thing you could play with is intentionality, which as I said, would be difficult, or suggesting it was insufficient force to begin with, which, given it's misconduct, would be hard to argue.

I think he's best to cop it sweet and just be smarter in future.

History of the MRP is irrelevant here anyway, there really isn't much grounds to challenge I reckon (see above).
Yeah having thought about a bit longer and viewing the footage again I think there's basically no change he'd get off. That 20 points could be a difference somewhere or other.(unlikely but possible)

He had a good record for 6 years, can't see him being in the MRP panels assessment again any time soon so hopefully the extra 20 points is largely irrelevant

How did Johnson get a 6 year clean record?

Am I getting old, or was that head-high bump in a pre-season game so it somehow doesn't count toward his MRP record?

The MRP is an absolute disgrace.

The bloke who hit Chapman ... That was ten times worse than Fyfe.

Low vs medium; reckless vs negligent ... An absolute farce.

And what about Bartel? He ran through the ball and basically concussed someone, yet nothing is even mentioned about it.

Makes my blood boil.

The MRP is an absolute disgrace.

The bloke who hit Chapman ... That was ten times worse than Fyfe.

Low vs medium; reckless vs negligent ... An absolute farce.

And what about Bartel? He ran through the ball and basically concussed someone, yet nothing is even mentioned about it.

Makes my blood boil.
I think they called that low impact :D:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Fred it was Nab cup and Norfs, Nathan someone I think.
Clinton Jones on Chapman;left the ground,made deliberate,direct forceful contact with the head etc etc.
No wonder RTB is saying he doesn't understand the rules anymore.
Intent has got to be given greater weight than medical report.The way it stands you can make accidental contact with someone's glass jaw and get a month cos it broke;conversely deliberately attempting to break a brick-heads jaw get you nothing cos you're the 100th bloke to try.
I'm with basashi bring on the chocolate wheel.
Alternately do it on a Bigfooty poll that's got real cred.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. MJ in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back