Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Player #34 - Sam Frost
View attachment 997829
Pictured: Sam, clearly reminiscing about the time he and a bunch of kids found a pirate map in the 1980s and set off on an adventure

Sam Frost should be an elite footballer. He's tall, really really fast and on field he can hear the coach's instructions. Without a telephone. From 250m away. Through the glass of the coaches box. He's apparently the 3rd fastest player at Hawthorn, although if he pinned his ears back he'd be the first.

Frost started his proper football journey like so many other kids, rejecting GWS' advances to stay in Western Sydney. His first game at GWS was a 95 point loss to Fremantle which is generally a less likely event than a thread on the Bigfooty SRP board descending into rational discussion.
Sam moving to the Demons at the end of 2014 was the impetus for the Demons to chase both Jake Lever and Stephen May for merely a bunch of first round picks and half their salary cap.
Sam was then surplus to requirements and being over 25, the Hawks came knocking. He certainly heard them, and he moved to Hawthorn at the end of last year in a complicated deal that involved Sam Frost and five pick swaps.

Frost is excellent at closing space and to be honest is a pretty decent one on one defender and a defender who can catch and spoil the opposition on a lead. So how the hell does he make this list?

Well, football involves kicking. When you get the ball, you need to make a decision about where to kick it, then execute that skill which is fundamental to football.
Sam does this sometimes. Other times, well, let's just say with Clarko's penchant for plaster-board based violence during outbursts of frustration, Sam Frost has kept about 3% of Australia's plasterers employed during the economic slowdown. The stats say he manages a clanger with 1 in 5 disposals, but given 60% of his disposals are kicks it's likely closer to one in three. Then there's the fluffed long kick to an easy target that become a 'contested' situation that are officially counter as 'efficient' by Champion data hence the old adage - lie, damned lies and Frost's statistics. His decision making is so bad he might be secretly moonlighting as Collingwood's salary cap manager.

Fun fact: He shares the same name with a former reality TV star, which the job title equivalent of a "Hello my name is: In Training" nametag.

Sam, Frosty, good luck next year. I typed this as softly as I could so you couldn't hear what I was writing. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2020.
Hey Mofra, could you please chuck a photo of Sam frost up to replace the melted wax statue of Gary Oldman from Hannibal you currently have there.

Player #34 - Sam Frost
... His decision making is so bad he might be secretly moonlighting as Collingwood's salary cap manager...

The Treloar situation needs to drag on & on & on & on, so Mofra can make this a running joke all the way up to #1.

Has anyone got vision of the chasedown tackle Frost put on some small forward I think from West Coast, ripped the jumper off the bloke and won a free kick. Only for Frost to kick the ball 15 m directly to the opposition and undo all his good work?

Perfectly sums up the bloke for mine.

Has anyone got vision of the chasedown tackle Frost put on some small forward I think from West Coast, ripped the jumper off the bloke and won a free kick. Only for Frost to kick the ball 15 m directly to the opposition and undo all his good work?

Perfectly sums up the bloke for mine.

It was 15m to out of bounds :$

I think what summed up Frosty's year was when he took an intercept mark against Freo, sprinted straight up the corridor, charged through a couple of players, and ran some 25m before he got pinged for running too far

Freo kicked a goal approximately 50 seconds later

I think what summed up Frosty's year was when he took an intercept mark against Freo, sprinted straight up the corridor, charged through a couple of players, and ran some 25m before he got pinged for running too far

Freo kicked a goal approximately 50 seconds later
He might be the most frustrating footballer in the competition to watch. It's all between the ears with him - unfortunately that's a big deal in his case.

Player #34 - Sam Frost

Well, football involves kicking. When you get the ball, you need to make a decision about where to kick it, then execute that skill which is fundamental to football.
Sam does this sometimes. Other times, well, let's just say with Clarko's penchant for plaster-board based violence during outbursts of frustration, Sam Frost has kept about 3% of Australia's plasterers employed during the economic slowdown. The stats say he manages a clanger with 1 in 5 disposals, but given 60% of his disposals are kicks it's likely closer to one in three. Then there's the fluffed long kick to an easy target that become a 'contested' situation that are officially counter as 'efficient' by Champion data hence the old adage - lie, damned lies and Frost's statistics. His decision making is so bad he might be secretly moonlighting as Collingwood's salary cap manager.
Just pointing out the premiership captain is even worse at 1 clanger every 4 disposals

Player #34 - Sam Frost
View attachment 997829
Pictured: Sam, clearly reminiscing about the time he and a bunch of kids found a pirate map in the 1980s and set off on an adventure

Sam Frost should be an elite footballer. He's tall, really really fast and on field he can hear the coach's instructions. Without a telephone. From 250m away. Through the glass of the coaches box. He's apparently the 3rd fastest player at Hawthorn, although if he pinned his ears back he'd be the first.

Frost started his proper football journey like so many other kids, rejecting GWS' advances to stay in Western Sydney. His first game at GWS was a 95 point loss to Fremantle which is generally a less likely event than a thread on the Bigfooty SRP board descending into rational discussion.
Sam moving to the Demons at the end of 2014 was the impetus for the Demons to chase both Jake Lever and Stephen May for merely a bunch of first round picks and half their salary cap.
Sam was then surplus to requirements and being over 25, the Hawks came knocking. He certainly heard them, and he moved to Hawthorn at the end of last year in a complicated deal that involved Sam Frost and five pick swaps.

Frost is excellent at closing space and to be honest is a pretty decent one on one defender and a defender who can catch and spoil the opposition on a lead. So how the hell does he make this list?

Fun fact: He shares the same name with a former reality TV star, which the job title equivalent of a "Hello my name is: In Training" nametag.

Sam, Frosty, good luck next year. I typed this as softly as I could so you couldn't hear what I was writing. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2020.
Nicely done, let’s ‘ear it for Mofra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back