Morabito to undergo knee surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing what a knee reconstruction has done to Rhys makes me even more worried about Mora's injury. Rhys wasn't at his best 18 months after his injury, will Mora be at his best come the start of 2012? Are Rhys' and Mora's injuries comparable in that regard?

His game is based upon his athleticism and large frame, and I sincerely hope this doesn't hinder him down the track. Are there any degradations in terms of the severity of an ACL? I'm trying to find positives here... :(

moras game is more bash and crash so he probably won't be as affected as someone smaller like rhys who relied on pace and evading opponents.

Rhys problem was he relied on his agility alot - Its a bit like the batsman who starts his career with no foot work but because he has a great eye he goes ok, but as he gets older he gets a little slower and that foot work suddenly becomes more important. Rhys needs to change his game.

One of the kids from 2010 i was really looking forward to watching next year with a pre-season under him.

Speedy recovery mate, and I hope this doesnt affect your future years.

Please excuse my intrusion onto your board.
Very unfortunate for this young fellow, saw him in a couple of games last year and thought wow. I'm sure he will come back just the same. Psychology is so advanced for players coming back from these sort of injuries these days. Good Luck

Don't do the LARS, your young enough to come back.

100% agree. It's still not proven and Rodan is having fraying in his, it's not like you can keep drilling holes in the bone and inserting synthetic material. The old approach is proven and McManus had a long career after having it done even younger.

It still stinks. He's a great young bloke and would've been the next Docker to take the league by storm. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be right. He'll have the year off and come back and get everything out of himself.

I saw Brad Dick do his knee pretty bad. He came back, hadn't lost any of his pace or movements and found career best form. Unfortunately he has shit shoulders too.

Look at Brendon Goddard. Had a knee reco a few years back, just about the best player going around these days.

He'll be right, and he'll still reach that stardom he is bound for.

Oh man :(

*sigh*

That ruins my evening. Had a pretty tough week at work and just sitting down to a few well earned cold ones to unwind. That's a kick in the guts, even for me just as a mere supporter. Must be devastating for the bloke himself.

Terrible news, shattering for him and your supporters. :( Hate seeing ACL injuries, especially to young guns like Morabito and even worse during the PS.

Nick Lower will now be given every oppertunity to shine and I'm sure he'll grab it with both hands.

Perhaps the only silver lining is that it should hopefully only affect 1 season.

If he had done it in say May - it could ruin this year and next as he wouldn't necessarily get the same pre-season.

Here's hoping rehab goes well and he is up and firing this time next year on the track ready for 2012

Perhaps the only silver lining is that it should hopefully only affect 1 season.

If he had done it in say May - it could ruin this year and next as he wouldn't necessarily get the same pre-season.

Here's hoping rehab goes well and he is up and firing this time next year on the track ready for 2012

Valid point

That makes me feel a bit better about the timing of the injury, if he gets the 2012 pre season training, he should have a pretty good season. Even if he starts off in the WAFL.

Problem is 2012 is soooooooo fricken long away!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Morabito to undergo knee surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back