Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

yes but what does that have to do with

apart from the fact you've written something that makes no sense as read you've also not explained how you are morally wrong

If you're in a position of authority known to be heavy handed towards truthful dissent, then you're better qualified to tell us why.

A personal perspective is so much more emotionally successful.

Went to the GP, pretended to be unwell to get a medical certificate so I could take time off work to work on my assignment.

I probably would have been fine without taking time off work, but it would have been very stressful.

And here I am, on bigfooty, instead of my assignment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get my work to split my pay 80/20 into 2 bank accounts. One the wife knows about, one she doesn't.
She knows too much.

My favourite Orwell is Down and Out in Paris and London. 1984 is horribly grim and I plain dislike Animal Farm.

I'm not really sure I know you anymore.
AF is an allegorical masterpiece but its as subtle as a pick mattock, 1984 is an unheeded warning by a dying genius- hugely important but not enjoyable.

My favourite Orwell work has changed as Ive grown older but Down and out has never been in the running. It certainly has passages that have stuck with me though.
Charlies description of 'Love' ( or raping a prostitute as its otherwise known) would be a fine example of true moral corruption:
http://www.george-orwell.org/Down_and_Out_in_Paris_and_London/1.html

Im also incapable of eating a meal at a quality restaurant without the image of a chef licking his finger for the hundredth time that day, and just thinking about the word 'spike' makes me shudder.
'Keep the Aspidistra flying' and 'Coming up for Air' Ive related to first as a youf and now as a middle aged man but 'Burmese Days' has always been my favourite Orwell work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back